Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nextstep

A Man Need A Cave - My Bachelor Pad Reno Journey

Day 44 - Carpentry work (update)

Today manage to get out the office slightly early, so went over to take a look before going for my dinner.

I think 80% all the carpentry works are done today. I just snap a few photo and rush for my dinner.

The very grey side of my kitchen, and the hood are installed today as well.

172DA770-1E01-4FE4-BB87-1ACB9FD05652_zps

the other side of the kitchen

8D9C84EE-794A-442C-A761-A77121EE7E90_zps

My closet and dry vanity area.

385281F1-F578-43D9-90A7-2562C3FCA03A_zps

So far I am very happy with the result, so experience at this point of time is good, so just hope it will keep this way till the handover.

​Today I also put in order for another towel bar that I really really love from Amazon, and thanks to tips from hc28 and OceanEleven, I manage to get free shipping for the items. Since I got saving the cost of shipping so I go for the soap dispenser as well. :jammin: :jammin: :jammin:

master:YOW5114.jpg

simplehuman-75-oz-compact-sensor-picture

did u take advantage of their priority shipping since its free? haha

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hc28,I didn't work, don't dare hahaha.

I just use the expedited shipping, but still very fast for my point of view.

The towel bar is here today liao.

Amazon is a dangerous place. hahaha. I have some items in wishlist pending to be placed into cart. Waiting for Black Friday sales leh... wonder household items will have good sales or not. :lol:

Amazon is a dangerous place. hahaha. I have some items in wishlist pending to be placed into cart. Waiting for Black Friday sales leh... wonder household items will have good sales or not. :lol:

Share share what you plan to buy. I also see see look look.

Day 48 - Furniture Shopping Day

Time really flies, as much as I am tracking it but I can't believe that today is the 48th day since the renovation started.

Today is a shopping day for me, my ID brings me around to shop for all the pieces that I need,

1st we went to Tan Boon Liat Building, (Since I very sua ku, I don't even know got such a place till today :jawdrop: ), we total visited 6 shops there. Pomelo, Make room, shop house, Mountain Teak and Journey East.

A simple review for all the 6 shops,

Pomelo - Not a very big store and the furniture here are contemporary style,I do like some of the furniture and short listed a few item from this shop.

Make Room - This store is more focusing on soft furnishing, got lots of cute and nice deco.

shop house - a very big store, and with lots of choices, but I do find most of their furniture size are big, don't think it is suitable for my small HDB unit. But I do like one of coffee table there.

Mountain Teak - as what the name stated the store is full of teak furniture, but again I can't find anything there for my liking.

Journey East - Lots of industry inspired furniture, if you like or your house are going for the theme, I do think it is worth to check it out.

After Tan Boon Liat Building we went down to Danish Design Co. at Pasir Pajang Rd. This is the best furniture store I been for the whole day, I really love the clean line design and most of the furniture I find it is very timeless, so means you can use it for a long time and still won't fell so dated.

The biggest problem is the items are not so pocket friendly. But I really love their sofa, as a big size guys I normally not a big fan of low sofa and soft sofa, but one of the model it is just works. I can see myself sitting there for a whole day and nua. But again with that price tag I don't think I can afford it. But I did shortlist one of the coffee table.

So this are the shortlisted item after spending more than 6 hours of walking

10005-1438358069-primary-2206x1240.png

table_black_55_angle.png

16081_09-07-2015_2161.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-22%20at%201.21.3

Edited by nextstep

Is that a glass dining table? Be aware of the constant cleaning of fingerprints, watermarks if you show signs of OCD like me. It is really a pain in the ***. The armchair is thumbs up!

As for sofa, I think it is possibly the 2nd item we spent the most time on besides the bed so worth getting a set which makes you comfortable nau-ing all day on a rainy weekend. Spend good money doesn't means more money. Usually if i upgrade 1 item, then I will try to downgrade or skip a few other items which I can do without.

Yeah glass is a pain to clean. I have 2 glass items in my LR and I've already started cleaning.

Dark colored dining tables are also the same - show dust and fingerprints like crazyyyyyyyyy. :jawdrop:

But love the last table!!

Luxexplorer, ya this is what I really worried as well. So the plan is maybe get the table and put a tray on it, so chances of contact the glass are lower! Hahaha!

But it might drives me crazy. Still not final will see how.

For the sofa, as much as I love (plus my butt and body) love it but I can't give convince mgself with a good reason to go for it, it cost min 8k for a 2.5m sofa.

With all the $ I put in for this Reno, maybe the sofa will be a good upgrade for few years later.

Edited by nextstep

Kara, I feel you I feel you! Who know in the end I just go the one coffee table from ikea.

Ya the last one is very nice, and it is the last pices when I went there. Size is a bit off, as I am looking for something that is abound 500mm but this is 600mm so I might end up not space or have very minimum space to walk.

Day 51

This is a very slow week, I didn't have time to visit the site had been working till late, but still manage to get 1 shopping done.

As part of the plan, when my ID design for my kitchen we have agreed to install qubiq at both of the kitchen cabinet and the also the cabinet in the living room.

I went down to Nex to get my eubiq sort it out, I was serve by this guy xx Chan.

He is very patience and helpful, I know I asked tons of stupid questions and repeat it over and over again. He really take his time to go tur with me and make sure I understand (thumb up for him!)

I end up getting the SV Pack,

It come with 3 meters track and 3 meters blank, this package also include 2 x dual port USB charger, 16 plugs (I was given 20 universal instate), 3 wall plug, 3 cord set, 60 cm director track and one lamp. On top of this was given $200 to buy accessories for the eubiq system.

My ID had set an on site measurement with them this Friday, so now just wait for them to get all this done and installation should be up soon.

Lights will be up tomorrow or Thursday, so I am so excited I can finally see how the house looks like in the evening.

I also manage to contact UniArm, they will co-ordinate with my ID and go down to install it at my main door.

Edited by nextstep

The very important question - how much please ?????? I have actually bought 1 meter + 6 universal + I light but I think it is not enough and thinking of upgrading ...

Edited by Luxexplorer

The very important question - how much please ?????? I have actually bought 1 meter + 6 universal + I light but I think it is not enough and thinking of upgrading ...

Hope I get a good deal, I pay $2099 for all of that.

Edited by nextstep