Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nextstep

A Man Need A Cave - My Bachelor Pad Reno Journey

You use left over tea leaves or???

Chinese tea right?

I tried fresh loose Chinese tea leaves and English tea bags. Less messy with tea bags and there is a wide range to choose from. Choose the scent you like and put them in the wardrobe, drawers, shoe cabinet . i tried bergamot, lavender, lemon tea bags. Pang pang: )

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I only use cruelty free stuff if I can so I recommend

Method all purpose cleaner (I use it for my countertops to clean, the Selffix red one for solid top and then the 3M stainless steel cleaner to polish)...

The Method one is not bad already... I spray, leave on for about 3 minutes (usually go do dishes) then wipe down with magic sponge and then wipe dry with microfiber cloth...

I try to use less harsh materials on my top unless it's really a stain that cannot get out (which is rare esp for yours). I also clean after cooking every time one so don't need to be so powerful. Haha! Polish once every week. Then steam clean the floors hehe

I tried fresh loose Chinese tea leaves and English tea bags. Less messy with tea bags and there is a wide range to choose from. Choose the scent you like and put them in the wardrobe, drawers, shoe cabinet . i tried bergamot, lavender, lemon tea bags. Pang pang: )

Oh tea leaves are a good one!! Mine smell amazing cus of them too! I also opened all and used air purifier in the kitchen for a few days. Hah!

Oh tea leaves are a good one!! Mine smell amazing cus of them too! I also opened all and used air purifier in the kitchen for a few days. Hah!

maybe I should use lemongrass tea leaves for my wardrobe, I love lemongrass. hehehe

I only use cruelty free stuff if I can so I recommend

Method all purpose cleaner (I use it for my countertops to clean, the Selffix red one for solid top and then the 3M stainless steel cleaner to polish)...

The Method one is not bad already... I spray, leave on for about 3 minutes (usually go do dishes) then wipe down with magic sponge and then wipe dry with microfiber cloth...

I try to use less harsh materials on my top unless it's really a stain that cannot get out (which is rare esp for yours). I also clean after cooking every time one so don't need to be so powerful. Haha! Polish once every week. Then steam clean the floors hehe

I love the Method pink grape fruit all purpose cleaner, so I will get that for sure, love the smell :P

Talking about steam cleaner, I am thinking to get one for myself also.

Finally set all the time with the ID, going to be a crazy meeting this coming week.

Will keep you guys update on the progress and review with the IDs.

So this is my home floor plan, located at AMK

8e6b22dd-199b-4f1a-ac36-96da9d452f06_zps

Here is some of the photos taken on the inspection day. The condition of the house is very old, really hope can get it done beautifully.

Finger cross :jammin:

JPEG%20image-8C667F72FC26-1_zps0ki1szfk.

You stay which block

Layout exactly same as mine, except mine got a upgrade 6sqm utility room. Mine blk 303 undergoing reno now.

Edited by xiaocai7

impressive bro, same layout as mine but doesn't look typical 4NG.

Money talks man.. :good:

You stay which block

Layout exactly same as mine. Mine blk 303 undergoing reno now.

my unit around Ave 3, how's the reno journey so far?

all the best ya, wish your reno smooth smooth.

impressive bro, same layout as mine but doesn't look typical 4NG.

Money talks man.. :good:

Thanks Bro, it don't look like 4NG because i break down lots of wall mah to give a bigger space feeling. But I have to let go one room :'(

your place look beautiful ah, I love your kitchen a lot.

Day 70 - Weekend Update

I think the renovation is going to end very soon (I think), but up till now my shopping still yet to complete.

I don't know why I am never a fast hand fast leg kind.

As for the house, lots of things is done.

1. Quartz Counter Top and backsplash, installed

2. All lights installed

3. Bosch oven, delivered and installed

4. Teka Hob, delivered and installed

5. Vanity Mirror, backsplash installed

6. UniArm installed

7. Power plugs, installed

I went over after my dinner to check out the unit with all the lights on (been a week since I last went), so here is some of the photo.

Living / Dining Room

EDBCD69A-6A43-4816-93E9-EFAE3F17BE5B_zps

Master Bed Room with lots of power plug (all the room power plug are universal)

C404755D-940F-4C9F-8499-8EF2AB371403_zps

Walk in Cabinate and Dry Vanity Area

A80FA2B9-7FCA-4A41-8DF8-00D62AAB8B38_zps

Kithchen

380B7531-243F-4596-948A-4D254D98420E_zps

What brands are those power socket faceplate , T&J, MK, Legrand, Schenieder?

My electrician say not illegal but SG not approved, so ask me to undertake risk.

maybe I should use lemongrass tea leaves for my wardrobe, I love lemongrass. hehehe

I love the Method pink grape fruit all purpose cleaner, so I will get that for sure, love the smell :P

Talking about steam cleaner, I am thinking to get one for myself also.

I loveee lemongrass too! :D Where to buy cheap lemongrass tea leaves for deodorizing? My kitchen cabinets still smells even though i've air it. ><" And it sting my eyes too - which i think are those chemical residue. Does this happens to you as well?

What brands are those power socket faceplate , T&J, MK, Legrand, Schenieder?

My electrician say not illegal but SG not approved, so ask me to undertake risk.

you mean the universal? is Legrand

My ID check liao say can use (at 1st he also told me can't). So I just go for it because is more easy since now we buy item all round the world hahaha

Edited by nextstep

my unit around Ave 3, how's the reno journey so far?

all the best ya, wish your reno smooth smooth.

Ic, mines Ave 1.

Today 3rd day of reno, aiming partial move in before CNY. Did not start a reno blog.

Since pay so much, let ID handle. But need to buy sanitary, furnishing and electronics headache.

I loveee lemongrass too! :D Where to buy cheap lemongrass tea leaves for deodorizing? My kitchen cabinets still smells even though i've air it. ><" And it sting my eyes too - which i think are those chemical residue. Does this happens to you as well?

ya I will tear when I open my wardrobe now, hahaha.

if I find lobang I told you ya!!

or any kind soul like to tell us where to get?? hehehe :notti::notti::notti::notti::notti:

Cheap cheap ah... market buy real lemongrass can? :P

Buy from market?? no need lah go get from my Malaysia next door hehehe!! FREE!!!

Than put in my dryer and dry it?? hehehehhe

Good ideal hor :P