Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nextstep

A Man Need A Cave - My Bachelor Pad Reno Journey

Hi all, so sorry I been missing for such a long time, after move in lots of party and with a super busy work situation not much have change since the day I move in.

Been trying to find some art for the wall, but noting catch my eye, finally found a photo I like but after checking the price I decided to find some other source, hope my wall will deco with something real soon, very empty lolz.

Finally took some photos, here is the update after 3 months in the house and this is how it look like. 

F1135DE4-A3EB-40DF-9EA2-79406CA3AFFB_zps

0A905AF6-B59B-4A74-AD30-E30FE1ABA63C_zps

75ADF051-C5C5-4A8E-B5A5-F4854DF53ECD_zps

5B62CE48-2391-4999-BC13-10C78E450B6C_zps

BB49D8D2-CFA2-474E-9581-2B0B3AB726FF_zps

DA8724CE-F330-4F24-BB87-CDED54E17D56_zps

98A63933-ADF0-4453-89C5-AC22B551898E_zps

9E363E3F-2BA1-4D12-B0E9-FE3EF08FE5B9_zps

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

your carpet is very nice. I'm shopping for similar carpets now. Trying to get a low pile one so that my cleaning robots don't get caught in them. So far I've only been to spotlight, ikea and taobao. Can you share where you shop for carpets?

Moar moar moar!! Your walk in wardrobe area is the bomb man. Make me jelly only. How's staying inside? Enjoying it? :) 

got ID design rly different man. Make me regret mine just a teeny bit hehe.

very tasteful but empty!! Haha no wonder you say still filling up. Indeed. 

Awesome, @nextstep

I love your place!!! It's gorgeous and truly a dream bachelor (i think it even works for bachelorettes as well hahaha) pad.

Super love your laminates as well - i love darker tones of woods like walnut shades but am still afraid of whether they might be too "old-fashioned" so i am still looking around different brands of laminates.

May i please ask if you still remember the brand/model code of the laminate you used for your kitchen cabinet and coffee pantry area? 

On 15 April 2016 at 10:04 AM, Changbp said:

your carpet is very nice. I'm shopping for similar carpets now. Trying to get a low pile one so that my cleaning robots don't get caught in them. So far I've only been to spotlight, ikea and taobao. Can you share where you shop for carpets?

The carpet is from iRUG.com.sg hope you can find something you like there.

On 15 April 2016 at 11:17 AM, bykaraanne said:

Moar moar moar!! Your walk in wardrobe area is the bomb man. Make me jelly only. How's staying inside? Enjoying it? :) 

got ID design rly different man. Make me regret mine just a teeny bit hehe.

very tasteful but empty!! Haha no wonder you say still filling up. Indeed. 

Awesome, @nextstep

Don't jelly, feel free to come visit with your hubby lah. 

My house really empty but somehow I think I might keep it this way, easy to clean hahaha!!! (Lazy me)

but again still got lots of thing to get to fill up some space.

On 15 April 2016 at 1:56 PM, JohnJohn said:

Your place looks very nice. I like the kitchen a lot. And yes, where did you get the carpet for your living room?

Thank you very much JohnJohn, the carpet is from irug.com.sg

On 15 April 2016 at 3:33 PM, pipsqueak said:

I love your place!!! It's gorgeous and truly a dream bachelor (i think it even works for bachelorettes as well hahaha) pad.

Super love your laminates as well - i love darker tones of woods like walnut shades but am still afraid of whether they might be too "old-fashioned" so i am still looking around different brands of laminates.

May i please ask if you still remember the brand/model code of the laminate you used for your kitchen cabinet and coffee pantry area? 

pipsqueak, thanks for the compliment.

I am so sorry I lots all my sample during the moves from the previous house, but if I am not wrong the brand is formica. You might want to check it out

Hi Nextstep,

I really did enjoy reading your post of the renovation journey. Gained lots of ideas from it!

I am going to buy a resale HDB unit in Bedok with the same layout as yours.

Do you mind to PM me how much did Artist Room quote you for this overhaul project?

Edited by JoannaLou