Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
thehappykowple

Project First Home: Rustic Industrial Maisonette

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Nice set up! I was wondering for the little touch ups that had to be done like small stains or unpainted places on the wall, did your contractor do it for you?

Yes we had a final round of touchups before our official handover and payment. Just have to mark it out w masking tape. :D

very nicely done up house! :good: can show more pics? =) your original balcony is roof already? *see from the pic that no rain will come in*

like the counter u did in the balcony.. *got the feel* :good:

very nicely done up house! :good: can show more pics? =) your original balcony is roof already? *see from the pic that no rain will come in*

like the counter u did in the balcony.. *got the feel* :good:

Haha will try to post more :D

I think it's the standard maisonette roof? No cover on the second floor but there's a semi sheltered slope so rain water will flow downwards. The previous owner installed an electronic rain shield but so far we haven't had any use for it. I could use some water to wash away the dust from the haze to be honest!

On 7/21/2015 at 2:36 PM, thehappykowple said:

Everything is really coming together with the installation of the bar counter at our balcony and timber decking, carpentry in the kitchen. We brought our island high chairs over for the carpenter to install. Here's how it looks against the island counter. Perfect height! Granite top, hood and hob installation going on this week. We're getting there!!! Whoop whoop.

IMG_3289_zpsvq08lha6.jpg

Kitchen cabinets varnished awaiting appliances. The island counter will be varnished to the same shade. A granite counter will go on top with the hood and hob. The aim is for it to look like it's floating on one side when it's complete.

IMG_3282_zpspcz9bpsb.jpg

Timber decking using my husband's work contact.

IMG_3287_zpshgj0to5w.jpg

Bar counter using some spare wood my husband found at his carpenter's workshop. It's not a perfect piece of wood ie. it's slightly warped and chipped but I think it adds character! It's a long solid piece of wood, which I think is quite rare to find.

Appliances and furniture will be in this weekend. I expect we'll be spending most of Saturday at our new home overseeing the deliveries and installation. EXCITES!!!!!! :sport-smiley-004:

Hi! May i know which company u engaged to get the decking done for the balcony? 

Hello! Pls log in, pls log in, pls log in, pls log in.........

Just wish to know where you get you kitchen tiles. Hope you will log in and see our messages =)