Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
missterry

Our Smelly Nest

Hello Everyone!

After years of lurking around here, learning so much from all the seniors here, I am finally starting my own T-blog!

Why Smelly Nest? Its just our pet name for each other :wub:

Lets start with the conventional boring floor plan.

">http://http://s307.photobucket.com/user/melakamalacca/media/Punggol/floor%20plan.jpg.html'>floor%20plan.jpg

Our unit is a tiny 87 meter sq ( 90 meter sq including air con ledge). So our main challenge is creating enough storage for all our rubbish.

The next post will be summarizing our visits to the IDs.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

3 months before we are due to collect out keys, we have already started our ID hunt.

Submitted a request via Renotalk and got bombarded by calls a couple of hours later.

We met up with the few that bothered to request a meet up to discuss more.

1) S**k H*i from 9 C******n D****n.

Very lovely lovable lady. We click well with her, but her quote is slightly too high. She followed up with us, but was never pushy. Updated us on the company's new address. Was nice right till the end when i told her we have selected our ID.

2) R*y from 3* I*********s.

Quite surprised by how young he is. Showed a lot of enthusiasm, did some research and printed out pictures for reference. After spending 2 hrs discussing, he said he was confident to meet our budget. On 2nd meetup, the quote was over the budget and suddenly, GST popped up. WOW, you mean your company suddenly decided to charge GST and it has to be implemented next month? We tio stun like vegetable, and he was dropped like hot potato. :jawdrop:

3) M*x from D****n 4 S***e.

Just no Chemistry. His ideas were also very common.

4) R***r from MyD****n.

Not much chemistry with him too. But he was very helpful in giving us advice on materials.

5) R****d from AiC*****t.

Zero Chemistry. I feel like I'm teaching him instead. :no:

6) Josh from Urban Design.

Very friendly and has fresh ideas. Accommodating but yet will speak up if he thinks it wont work. Upfront with the costing and straight away inform us that his company charges GST already. His quote was the cheapest amongst all, and even gave us some 3D drawings on the 2nd visit. That totally won us over as no other IDs have put in so much work for us. We felt his sincerity and decided to go for him!

Finally, after the 4th time of meeting up and finalizing the designs, we have put down our deposit and Josh it is! :good:

Edited by missterry

Heres the 1st round of 3Ds!!! excited much :dancingqueen:

Living room.

We dont like the color of the feature wall and the black settee and the different heights of the settee.

">http://1%20LIVING%20ROOM.jpg

Front door and shoe cabinet

Not too keen on the color of the laminates here. And i find the pigeon holes a little odd.

The middle door is for covering the bomb shelter

3%20SHOESCABINET.jpg

Dining area

Here, you can see that we change the location of the kitchen door. and we have also moved the fridge out of the kitchen.

A rather bold move, but it frees up a lot of space in the kitchen.

2%20DINING%20AREA.jpg

Kitchen view 1

Not keen on the black glass covering the drying rack

KITCHEN%20VIEW1.jpg

Kitchen view 2

Requested to shift down the oven and another 'hole' above it to place the microwave oven.

KITCHEN%20VIEW2.jpg

Whilst the rectifications are made.... the Smellys have decided to go SHOPPING!!!! :dancingqueen:

1) Fridge

Hitachi rvg690p3ms

RVG690P3MS.jpg

2) Washing Machine

LG wd-1480tdt

washing%20machine.jpg

3) Hood

Fujioh SLM 900

SLM-900V.jpg

4) Hob

Rinnai 3Si

rinnai.jpg

5) Oven

Ariston (cant remember model name, so upload a similar one first)

ariston-fz-51-ix_4e7999278e08f.jpg

6) Kitchen Sink

Crizton CKS1001S

kitchen%20sink.jpg

7) Kitchen Tap

Didnt take a pic of it

8) Bidet

Didnt take a pic of it

9) Rain Shower

IxissJT118362Y01

shower%20head%202.jpg

shower%20head%201.jpg

10) Water Heater

Joven 35L

joven.jpg

11) TV

Samsung UA55JU6600K

sg_UA65JU6600KXXS.jpg

12) Soundbar

Philips HTL9100

philips-htl-9100.jpg

Hello!

i bought at Gain City Sugei Kadut during its opening sales at $679.

Hi, missterry may i know how much and where you bought the philips HT9100 as I am keen with this too thank :)

Thank for the advise it really a good buy at tampine best denkin selling for $1699 :no: crazy hope the price will be the same as 3 months time i will be getting my keys i shall travel to there to purchase even i staying at the east side :)

Hmm, $1699 is really expensive. Perhaps its the new B5 instead of htl9100? most places would sell it at $699 during sales. The philips salesman mentioned that they might not be producing the htl9100 anymore due to the new B5.

Thank for the advise it really a good buy at tampine best denkin selling for $1699 :no: crazy hope the price will be the same as 3 months time i will be getting my keys i shall travel to there to purchase even i staying at the east side :)

Hi, your unit is a special layout with the bomb shelter in reliving room. Same as mine haha! Did you collect key in late May or early Jun?

Recently I have my resale 3 room HDB, contracted to WeiKen. The built in cupboard at Master Bedroom measurement exceeded the power switch, the carpenters simply just pull away the electrical trunking, drill a hole at the side of the cabinet & expect me to accept the switch to be fixed to the cupboard. A similar action was also done at the kitchen, kitchen cabinet exceeded the oven switch & he dig a hole at the side of the cabinet & pull out the raw wire.

I wanted to post the picture, but new to this forum, don't know how to attach.

Going by your Hitachi rvg690p3ms Fridge, your cupboard will have to have a depth more than 740mm (745 perhaps) so that it can allow a coverage for the fridge (fit the fridge within its casing). Are you sure a bulky cupboard would do well for your dining? Also you need the swing space for your fridge door, plus at another least 600-700mm for your dining chair's drag space. Your dining set will have to move more towards the left, thus blocking the entrance of the front door.

Unless of course you do not mind chairs to be pushed right under the table whenever you open the fridge or whenever you have someone using that seat, you do not open the fridge doors?

Maybe you would like to consider this.

Edited by 43atCR

Hello roberttty!

i collected my keys in Jun. its not common to find the bomb shelter in the living room. hardly come across any!

But hor, theres an advantage over the others. We can unglam-ly relac on the sofa and no one can see :P

Hi, your unit is a special layout with the bomb shelter in reliving room. Same as mine haha! Did you collect key in late May or early Jun?

HI Hanxiang,

you can refer to this post on how to post pics :yeah:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/60248-guide-to-upload-photos/

Recently I have my resale 3 room HDB, contracted to WeiKen. The built in cupboard at Master Bedroom measurement exceeded the power switch, the carpenters simply just pull away the electrical trunking, drill a hole at the side of the cabinet & expect me to accept the switch to be fixed to the cupboard. A similar action was also done at the kitchen, kitchen cabinet exceeded the oven switch & he dig a hole at the side of the cabinet & pull out the raw wire.

I wanted to post the picture, but new to this forum, don't know how to attach.