Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
davehan

Any Places To Buy Jades?

Hi, if anyone come across a shop that sells genuine jade at reasonable price, please share.

My recent experience was quite exhausting. I went from Bencoolen to chinatown but either all are too expensive or happens to be fake.

2 weeks ago, I bought a piece of jade in Chinatown but was told by a jewellery shop in Toa Payoh that its not actually real jade. For some shops in Chinatown the pricing also has no limits. One shop open price at $6800 and then gave a big discount to $4890. I don't even want to bargain. I was told by my Aunt that there were many fakes, Bs and Cs there. Probably too late when she told me.

I tried to ask for smaller piece and choose to ask the price a pendent. The offer price was $3800. I think they are doing more on tourist business.

Back in Fu Lu Shou, on 2nd level, one shop quote a bangle $10 000. So I went to the next shop beside, the chinese sales attendent quote a bangle also $10 000 and a display piece $3800. She ask me to bargain, seems like the usual trick? How to bargain anyway when the prices are so high.

Then I hop across to another building. This lady has many jade pendent pieces on display. I pick a small pieces pendent. Her starting price is $1200. She said if I want, she can give me at $800. Wow, a discount of $400. I was thinking such a small piece also demands such a price, no point asking for bigger pieces.

I read someone recommended Li Hong and so I took a trip there. Mind you, if you just have a few hundred dollars in your pocket, don't go there. A tiny weenie piece of pendent finger nail size should empty your pocket.

Money spent is fine but the fear of getting the fakes is like pouring your money into the wash basin. The jewellery shop told me there are many stained color and acid washed type. Bad for skin and no value. Other crystals misrepresent as jades.

Searching for one jade is quite tiring. Why? When I finally get to one with a price I want, I start to question if it is real jade.

If you have some experience, please share.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, if anyone come across a shop that sells genuine jade at reasonable price, please share.

My recent experience was quite exhausting. I went from Bencoolen to chinatown but either all are too expensive or happens to be fake.

2 weeks ago, I bought a piece of jade in Chinatown but was told by a jewellery shop in Toa Payoh that its not actually real jade. For some shops in Chinatown the pricing also has no limits. One shop open price at $6800 and then gave a big discount to $4890. I don't even want to bargain. I was told by my Aunt that there were many fakes, Bs and Cs there. Probably too late when she told me.

I tried to ask for smaller piece and choose to ask the price a pendent. The offer price was $3800. I think they are doing more on tourist business.

Back in Fu Lu Shou, on 2nd level, one shop quote a bangle $10 000. So I went to the next shop beside, the chinese sales attendent quote a bangle also $10 000 and a display piece $3800. She ask me to bargain, seems like the usual trick? How to bargain anyway when the prices are so high.

Then I hop across to another building. This lady has many jade pendent pieces on display. I pick a small pieces pendent. Her starting price is $1200. She said if I want, she can give me at $800. Wow, a discount of $400. I was thinking such a small piece also demands such a price, no point asking for bigger pieces.

I read someone recommended Li Hong and so I took a trip there. Mind you, if you just have a few hundred dollars in your pocket, don't go there. A tiny weenie piece of pendent finger nail size should empty your pocket.

Money spent is fine but the fear of getting the fakes is like pouring your money into the wash basin. The jewellery shop told me there are many stained color and acid washed type. Bad for skin and no value. Other crystals misrepresent as jades.

Searching for one jade is quite tiring. Why? When I finally get to one with a price I want, I start to question if it is real jade.

Jade prices have been inflated by the chinese in recent years. If you take a look at gold prices and bird nest, when reached its peak, will settle for another level of price. When cordyceps reach such a high price, what's the point of eating? Let the chinese eat. There are other food that are just as nutritious.

If you really want to buy jade, bring your grandmother or Aunty along or ask someone with experience for advice. No shop owner will tell you everything you need to know about the jade. Real jade is not easy to find nowadays. Occasionally, even your Aunt came along, you may still not be able to get the real deal. Too many fakes come out from china. You may be surprise that the more expensive the jade, the more its likely to be C grade.

I totally understand what you went through!

You can send your jade for certifying at a testing lab called Nanyang (?)... Google pls.

I tasted the buying bitter long before you. Bought a bangle from a jeweller. Thought they sell gold, surely could be trusted. After my mother worn and got feedback that its other grades, brought to Far East to authenticate and then went back to the store. You know what they say? "You didn't ask me when you buy", "But I said I wanted real jade!", "Ya, this is real but type B".

So don't think jewellery stores are honest.

Jade prices have been inflated by the chinese in recent years. If you take a look at gold prices and bird nest, when reached its peak, will settle for another level of price. When cordyceps reach such a high price, what's the point of eating? Let the chinese eat. There are other food that are just as nutritious.

If you really want to buy jade, bring your grandmother or Aunty along or ask someone with experience for advice. No shop owner will tell you everything you need to know about the jade. Real jade is not easy to find nowadays. Occasionally, even your Aunt came along, you may still not be able to get the real deal. Too many fakes come out from china. You may be surprise that the more expensive the jade, the more its likely to be C grade.

Talking about China fakes, my Mom ever bought cordyceps with glue and toothpick. the question is WHAT else they haven't make fake?

I totally understand what you went through!

You can send your jade for certifying at a testing lab called Nanyang (?)... Google pls.

Nanyang need to wait 4 days. How to wait when you are jumping hot suspecting your piece is not real? Far East faster.

I thought previously I put up a topic on jade in this forum ...let me explain on jade (don't buy first) - why it has no price ceiling and everyone tries to sell anyhow.

History on jade price

- the current practice on jade is the discoverer found a stone, but the stone never gets full cut, just a shave to show its colors. Experts suppliers or the bosses will bid for the price of an uncut jade stone. Risk is very high. If you are lucky, you instantly become a millionaire or you become a loser overnight. The chance of a good jade is 1%. There is a Chinese documentary called "Jade gambler

Before you buy jade - some stark reminders.

- jade has no market like Gold where there are buyers and sellers.

- GOLD is recognised by government worldwide, but not jade or diamonds. Do you see banks selling jade unit trusts ?

- jade from small cheap shops - they do not carry GEM certs. So don't think you earn it !

- If someone from Shop A says - you got fake jade, another shop says "you should look for me instead"- both are equally not trustworthy.

- Real expensive jade - they are all in STATE MUSEUMS. NOT FOR YOU - stop dreaming ! You can't find it in Toa Payoh or Chinatown !

But fengshui master ask me to buy ...

- I know I know ..pay fs master already, might as well heed its advice right ? Certainly. Then buy a cheap jade ..less than $10. After all fs master told u to buy mountain or goat or some animal jade right ? It is the symbols that fs master wants you to buy. fs master did not ask you to buy Jade Type A !

- The moment u buy a fake jade (I prefer to use this term than to describe Type A, B C D jade ), place it at the fs master location advice.

- after placing jade, do you see anything happen in your life ? if nothing, then you lucky because u buy fake jade, but also unlucky because u pay hefty amount to fs master !

Digressing ...

Cordyceps answers to the forumer

- buy from SG retailers. Don't think you can be expert overseas.

- I quarterly buy cordyceps and birdnest from wholesales in Kallang Baru, Victoria market. Cheaper and of course still expensive ...37 gram (1 liang) = still average $1200 after discounts. Long and thick ones.

Talking about China fakes, my Mom ever bought cordyceps with glue and toothpick. the question is WHAT else they haven't make fake?

Milk powder, rice, bird nest, cordyceps, ginseng, sea cucumber, meat, pow etc all fake, elctronics poor quality.

I have never bought a light bulb china made anymore.

Expect more to come.

Before you buy jade - some stark reminders.

- jade has no market like Gold where there are buyers and sellers.

- GOLD is recognised by government worldwide, but not jade or diamonds. Do you see banks selling jade unit trusts ?

- jade from small cheap shops - they do not carry GEM certs. So don't think you earn it !

- If someone from Shop A says - you got fake jade, another shop says "you should look for me instead"- both are equally not trustworthy.

- Real expensive jade - they are all in STATE MUSEUMS. NOT FOR YOU - stop dreaming ! You can't find it in Toa Payoh or Chinatown !

True enough. If you find they quote a piece of jade quite cheap, you should be suspicious.

My wife came back one day and shared with me what a jewellery setting and repair shifu told her. That half or more of all the jades that are being sold are Type B.

Hi Davehan, I'm happy and excited to see young ppl looking for jade! (I'm assuming you are young Haha)

Anyway, I got Jadeite, not jade. Jadeite belongs to jade category (e.g. nephrite too belong to jade family).

I got mine from Lotus on Water, from what I understand it's unprocessed, no dying done. You can just Google. 

You probably already gotten yours cos it's been a year, but I'm just sharing. :)

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 7:02 PM, jasminelauwlove said:

Hi Davehan, I'm happy and excited to see young ppl looking for jade! (I'm assuming you are young Haha)

Anyway, I got Jadeite, not jade. Jadeite belongs to jade category (e.g. nephrite too belong to jade family).

I got mine from Lotus on Water, from what I understand it's unprocessed, no dying done. You can just Google. 

You probably already gotten yours cos it's been a year, but I'm just sharing. :)

Thanks for sharing.

If one buys jade, buy it for jewellery wear is fine. But please do not buy it for investment.

Jade has no ceiling price - tom dick harry can quote any price. Do not always think one got a good deal. Most people 99.99% sure kenna con somewhere or another.

Those FS or shops that sells jade, they will talk like JADE has no impurities and confirm after one buys, price will shoot up like  a Google or Microsoft Stock.

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 7:02 PM, jasminelauwlove said:

can you share at what price did you get it ? or maybe share a picture with us ?

my friend who visited them said the feeling he got was they do not disclose anything to you unless u verbally commit to buying a piece from them, which makes me chuckle at the thought of it..

and when you try to enquire something through the phone, they will ask you to go down before they tell u more, but they will keep congratulating you cause you are starting early and beginning/ going to/ already HUAT since you have come in contact with the lotus

Edited by RingoChong

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 4:00 PM, RingoChong said:

can you share at what price did you get it ? or maybe share a picture with us ?

my friend who visited them said the feeling he got was they do not disclose anything to you unless u verbally commit to buying a piece from them, which makes me chuckle at the thought of it..

and when you try to enquire something through the phone, they will ask you to go down before they tell u more, but they will keep congratulating you cause you are starting early and beginning/ going to/ already HUAT since you have come in contact with the lotus

1. They make you go shop, so they can hard-sell you. If you do not have the budget, please do not bother.

2. Please ask your friend to email or call me, I will tell him that he is also going to HUAT liao.  WORDS ARE CHEAP !!!