Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
spaceger

Contractor Mia After Onsite Quotation

Before inviting contractor to come onsite for quotation, already stated clearly that the project is small.

Contractor was recommended by someone (who did up their house), and felt the works is not bad.

Contractor knew that the project is small, but after onsite quotation.. we plan to move forward with this contractor... can't believe that contractor give so much excuses eg: will give quotation asap, busy, will give quotation soon, away from singapore, etc. After 1 week, no official quotation came.

Boom... Disappeared.

We do not know why, but we have informed contractor that the project is small. Disappointed !!!

Anyone experience this before??

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

You have your side story, we also have our side story, some owner disappeared too after giving quotation & drawings, this is commonly human misbehavior :good:

• Like 1

This is him indirectly saying your project is not worth my time, because I have other better renovations on hand that have better profits. Unless you hit him at a timing whereby he don't have any jobs on hand, or your job you offer a high enough price for him to do.

But sometimes cannot blame contractor, because sometimes a job is really not worth doing regardless the pay. On the other hand there are times whereby contractors go up and take measurements discussing quotations etc then suddenly home owner disappear, which indirectly waste the contractor time and effort

this is a blessing in disguise. you rather the contractors disappear and shown no interest in taking you project right from the beginning rather than they delay or mess up your reno right?

May I know that if the contractor got years of experience but do not HDB licence and GST but borrow other comapny to do your house it is adviseable any comments thank :)

it depending on how much you trust him, lets say he is your kin brother, then obviously no problem cause you can be sure he will not ignore you when there are problem rise later,

but if he is some other people like friend's friend or what, then i'll help you to pray :good:

May I know that if the contractor got years of experience but do not HDB licence and GST but borrow other comapny to do your house it is adviseable any comments thank :)

there are alot of these blacksheeps around. especially when I asked them for their business reg. number. they gave me another name, telling me they are xxx's sister or brother 's company.

so must be very careful and hardworking with your research..

Edited by spaceger

You have your side story, we also have our side story, some owner disappeared too after giving quotation & drawings, this is commonly human misbehavior :good:

that's happen mostly for BTOs. i agree. but most of the contractors doesn't like to do open market apartments or sometimes new condos/EC if the condition are good or some private properties are quite nicely done already. . it was communicated before inviting them down - like the project is really small. do you have many projects on hand?. contractors/IDs shouldn't even waste owners' time as well??

Edited by spaceger

This is him indirectly saying your project is not worth my time, because I have other better renovations on hand that have better profits. Unless you hit him at a timing whereby he don't have any jobs on hand, or your job you offer a high enough price for him to do.

But sometimes cannot blame contractor, because sometimes a job is really not worth doing regardless the pay. On the other hand there are times whereby contractors go up and take measurements discussing quotations etc then suddenly home owner disappear, which indirectly waste the contractor time and effort

how about incidents owners are busy? moreover was recommended by friends/relatives.

and ya, you are right, if they do not have projects.. but it was asked that if they are having many projects on hands and is a small project, before invitation.

this is a blessing in disguise. you rather the contractors disappear and shown no interest in taking you project right from the beginning rather than they delay or mess up your reno right?

ya true.

i didnt expect contractors will disappear... only heard before owners disappearing. now i know and will share with the rest (anyone).

I ask a quote from a contractor comapny Hxxxxx Dxxxxx Cxxxxxxxxx their office is very basic simply dont look like a showroom more like a storeroom i give them the detials what i want to do now more than a month no reply waste my time and i found out that they do not had any HDB register.

my potential contractor MIA after 1 week. maybe they are having a (untidy) place for their office. i suggest if ur apartment is hdb, is advisable to get a hdb approved one.