Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Lol new ideas :) my main door going to be laminate door, buts its custom made and install later. The cost of the door is 650, mine dont need to use fire rated door since its a corner unit and the existing is not fire rated as well.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Lol new ideas :) my main door going to be laminate door, buts its custom made and install later. The cost of the door is 650, mine dont need to use fire rated door since its a corner unit and the existing is not fire rated as well.

I think all newer estates have to have it. Even my dad's old 20+ year estate also have. You are lucky! Haha!

Taobao shipment is finally on its way to me, and about to order my second shipment. :dancingqueen:

Yesterday we had a minor boo-boo with Edmund, turns out their tiler is super old-school and kind, so they decided to help me round the edges of my shower kerb... Which I find not very nice. :dunno: I tried to reconcile it in my head so many times and tried to like it, but it's really really very ugly IMO. Wasn't what I expected at all. I reflected to them and I also know that the uncle had to work harder on it since it's an extra step (than to construct a 90 degree kerb). I feel so horrible and difficult! But this wasn't told to us beforehand and I don't think anyone has a rounded kerb so I didn't think to mention it to them beforehand.

Right now it's the lull where you put all the money into the renovations and furniture and nothing is in yet... So the excitement is abating a little as the wallet gets lighter and lighter. :bleah:

Tell me this stage shall pass! Hahaha!

I think all newer estates have to have it. Even my dad's old 20+ year estate also have. You are lucky! Haha!

Corner unit not necesary to have fired rated door. Anyway the fire rated door also can burn through just that its suppose to hold for at least 30 minutes more.... just for this feature.. its another 500 to 700 more for a door.

Maybe you can suggest to the carpenter to peel off the veneer and paste a new laminate on the door. Sure last you for a long time​

I might... Will ask tomorrow.

Corner unit not necesary to have fired rated door. Anyway the fire rated door also can burn through just that its suppose to hold for at least 30 minutes more.... just for this feature.. its another 500 to 700 more for a door.

Yep. Crazy expensive. But ah wellz!

Taobao shipment is finally on its way to me, and about to order my second shipment. :dancingqueen:

Yesterday we had a minor boo-boo with Edmund, turns out their tiler is super old-school and kind, so they decided to help me round the edges of my shower kerb... Which I find not very nice. :dunno: I tried to reconcile it in my head so many times and tried to like it, but it's really really very ugly IMO. Wasn't what I expected at all. I reflected to them and I also know that the uncle had to work harder on it since it's an extra step (than to construct a 90 degree kerb). I feel so horrible and difficult! But this wasn't told to us beforehand and I don't think anyone has a rounded kerb so I didn't think to mention it to them beforehand.

Right now it's the lull where you put all the money into the renovations and furniture and nothing is in yet... So the excitement is abating a little as the wallet gets lighter and lighter. :bleah:

Tell me this stage shall pass! Hahaha!

Yes it's the hardest part where pockets get lighter and all you are is still damage done and nothing new in yet :)

Push on and the light is at the end of the tunnel :)

Yes it's the hardest part where pockets get lighter and all you are is still damage done and nothing new in yet :)

Push on and the light is at the end of the tunnel :)

Thanks man!! :)

How was your move??

Thanks man!! :)

How was your move??

Crazy but still trying to get it all set up for official stay in with kids maybe over the weekend.

Lots of cleaning and sorting of boxes since its a partial move for now

Crazy but still trying to get it all set up for official stay in with kids maybe over the weekend.

Lots of cleaning and sorting of boxes since its a partial move for now

Gah, I can't even imagine.

Enjoy your new home!! :)

Little update of what's happening... Felt a bit demoralized to share yesterday. My hubby takes awful photos so I have none of the rooms. Haha!

Will visit tomorrow, probably. :disturb:

The marble veins are more obvious IRL, but I kinda regret not choosing a greyer based tile... Ah wellz.

254yhdj.jpg

Amazon loots:

ohqs0l.png

Rachael Ray's lazy tools (LOVE these whenever I see her cooking on her show) and the Rubbermaid glass storage containers. I wanted to get it in the teal / turqoise color for RR's stuff but there wasn't a complete set. I need tongs!

So it sorta kinda worked out cus Rubbermaid's red too. And I support Arsenal. :notti: So all's good I guess. Plus Egyptian cotton towels. My hubby is a SUPER bedsheet snob so I think he would enjoy these too. :sport-smiley-018:

Hubby's gonna be overwhelmed with my RED stuff (he's a Chelsea fan HAHA)

If the wall beside your tub is a whole piece mirror, it will make the whole toilet feel bigger right? Like hotel style.

Haha ya I can imagine! Hotel Fort Canning also like that.

But I think at the time we never think so much la, I based on Pinterest photos so I aim for whole wall marble.

Hopefully when my shower glass panel and my Hansgrohe stuff go up with some decor I can cook up, it will still look beautiful :)