Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi bykaraanne,

Happen to chance upon your blog here while surfing for similar ideas.

I must say i am very impressed with your design and furniture choice to bring out the feel.

My SO and I had a chance to stay in London for 6 months and both of us love it there so we thought of bringing the idea back to our new nest.

May i ask for the link of the TB dinning chairs....saw similar design at Comfort Home and Taylor B but will like to source for more options. TIA.

P/S: I can't wait to see your end product. :)

for me I do think the old gold have a better polish look, but again the new one looks good.

I agree bro. Thanks for the input. :)

Just to jump in, since these are kitchen handles which will see a lot of use, perhaps go with the better quality spray paint. Alternatively, if you like the colour of the cheaper quality one, maybe get some sort of fixer spray to just make sure the spray paint stays on longer?

I agree! I'm thinking of spraying over it. Fixer sprays don't work well with mirror finish metallic sprays! :(

Hi,

Ur white cabinet is shining surface i feel the old gold with the polish looks better and more complete. The matte one is nice also but not nice or complete enough.

Jus my feel though and i am following ur blog and see the outcome!! Good luck with ur choice

Thanks for the input! It's not really matte? Just not yellow so the reflection not so nice... Hai. :)

can i ask u for more details to ur bathroom marble tiles?

Sure, what do you need?

Ya agree, shiny gold matches glossy white > matte ! Fixer/vanish top layer is a good idea

Thanks love. The varnish top doesn't work well with it -- it mattifies the yellow gold...

I might spray over this one some more with the yellow gold to mix it?!?!

Bykaraanne, I accidentally found this....

淘宝商品:特价橱柜拉手柜门小拉手单孔圆拉手76-007金色抽屉拉手 http://b.mashort.cn/h.chUM2?sm=fe2ff9(复制整段信息,打开手机淘宝可直接访问)

Thanks!! I don't dare buy because I scared when it comes, the bar handles and the knob handles different shades of gold?! Thanks though!

Hi bykaraanne,

Happen to chance upon your blog here while surfing for similar ideas.

I must say i am very impressed with your design and furniture choice to bring out the feel.

My SO and I had a chance to stay in London for 6 months and both of us love it there so we thought of bringing the idea back to our new nest.

May i ask for the link of the TB dinning chairs....saw similar design at Comfort Home and Taylor B but will like to source for more options. TIA.

P/S: I can't wait to see your end product. :)

Thanks for the kind words! Haha, I know, once you go there you can't come back and not be changed. :)

Sure. Here you go:

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=520045958706

Hope it helps!

Some lousy pics of my bathrooms and fireplace... :sport-smiley-018: I'm SO happy because it feels closer to the end, but of course, my guest bathroom sink can't go up because the tempered glass is the wrong color. The green looks so out of place! We're changing it to black cus I can't get white. :curse:

The fireplace is SO REALISTIC in real life I get so mesmerized by the fake fire. I sit there and watch it seriously. Hahaha. The solid wood and finish is awesome and I think the SG$580~ I spent on it is worth it! Shipping was expensive of course (it was 75kg volumetric; 50+kg weight). The pictures don't do it justice!!

Photo%204-11-15%205%2031%2009%20PM_zpsdc

Photo%204-11-15%205%2031%2004%20PM_zpsfu

Guest bathroom -- See how the "green" vanity top throws off the entire bathroom! :angry2: The silver mirror looks good surprisingly, hopefully even nicer with the black vanity top. LOVE my bidet sprays!! And my WC looks good too I feel.

Photo%205-11-15%202%2008%2050%20PM_zpssm

Photo%205-11-15%202%2007%2005%20PM_zpskp

Photo%205-11-15%202%2008%2053%20PM_zps9f

Photo%205-11-15%202%2007%2001%20PM_zpsrc

And OceanEleven bro is right - the water pressure is not affected AT ALL. The 25cm rainshower plate WORKS SO WELL. Everyone told me (like the lights -.-) it's gonna be trickling, no water pressure (i'm at high level) and that the plate is way too big. But the Hansgrohe air technology WORKS. The rainshower and hand shower has great pressure. I'm inclined to believe the heater has no effect on the water pressure, but the shower set itself does.

Master bathroom. I am IN LURVE!!!:dancingqueen: My Hansgrohe set of course looks amazing -- only gripe is the mixer for the bathtub a bit small. But I suppose is good cus means won't knock into it and have maximum space in the bathtub?! Water pressure is AMAZEBALLS. Hansgrohe tap I thought looked a bit small, but quality is :wub: Gold mirror looks good imo too!! I was worried about the pipings under the wall-mounted sink but looks okay still. AND MY FLOOOOOOORS!!!!

Photo%205-11-15%202%2002%2058%20PM_zpskx

Photo%205-11-15%202%2008%2046%20PM_zpsov

Photo%205-11-15%202%2003%2007%20PM_zps5e

Photo%205-11-15%202%2005%2037%20PM_zpswd

Master bathroom. I am IN LURVE!!!:dancingqueen: My Hansgrohe set of course looks amazing -- only gripe is the mixer for the bathtub a bit small. But I suppose is good cus means won't knock into it and have maximum space in the bathtub?! Water pressure is AMAZEBALLS. Hansgrohe tap I thought looked a bit small, but quality is :wub: Gold mirror looks good imo too!! I was worried about the pipings under the wall-mounted sink but looks okay still. AND MY FLOOOOOOORS!!!!

Photo%205-11-15%202%2005%2037%20PM_zpswd

I'm reading your post and laughing. Silly girl, congrats ! it's nice to feel your happiness :)

I'm reading your post and laughing. Silly girl, congrats ! it's nice to feel your happiness :)

Haha, thanks. Been a long time since I felt "hopeful." Imagine both my bifold doors also install wrong side. Facepalm. Inside out and left to right. LOL. BOTH.

My photos don't do the bathrooms justice! Haha! Hopefully I can get it in me to lug the dslr there another day. :D

wow! all look so nice when come together.blend in well... congrats... almost complete....

like the white bidet spray u got!blend in so well and nice!!!

cant wait to see more updates!!! can feel the excitement... =)

Wow the toilet is super nice loh!! Your WC looks nice also :)

Kara, the fireplace really look so nice, your house really going to look like those house I saw on HGTV with beautiful fireplace.

Btw maybe you want to cover the power indication lights to make it look more real? :notti:

wow! all look so nice when come together.blend in well... congrats... almost complete....

like the white bidet spray u got!blend in so well and nice!!!

cant wait to see more updates!!! can feel the excitement... =)

Thanks! Hopefully after the chemical wash my Hansgrohe stuff will look NICER.

IRL so shiny, my iPhone cannot capture. :curse:

Wow the toilet is super nice loh!! Your WC looks nice also :)

Kara, the fireplace really look so nice, your house really going to look like those house I saw on HGTV with beautiful fireplace.

Btw maybe you want to cover the power indication lights to make it look more real? :notti:

Thanks. THE WC IS SUPER COMFORTABLE LOR like a pillow for my butt. HAHAHA. No regrets there. Money well spent. Glad I didn't stick with the small HDB toilet bowl. :good:

Thanks!! You guys can be mesmerized by the fire when you guys come. :)

OK la the light don't really bother me now HAHA! Maybe when it does I buy some black sticker to cover. :sport-smiley-018:

So glad I changed to the white bidet spray instead of sticking with my chrome one. The spray is very good!!

Photo%205-11-15%207%2036%2004%20PM_zpsby

Rainshower is really like rain! I can "hear" the air technology working, it really uses less water to create the effect, even though it's 25cm wide. :) And the handshower part also very good quality. Super love!! Second happiest purchase so far from TB. Master bath one also.

Photo%205-11-15%207%2022%2050%20PM_zpsec

Thanks! Hopefully after the chemical wash my Hansgrohe stuff will look NICER.

IRL so shiny, my iPhone cannot capture. :curse:

Thanks. THE WC IS SUPER COMFORTABLE LOR like a pillow for my butt. HAHAHA. No regrets there. Money well spent. Glad I didn't stick with the small HDB toilet bowl. :good:

Thanks!! You guys can be mesmerized by the fire when you guys come. :)

OK la the light don't really bother me now HAHA! Maybe when it does I buy some black sticker to cover. :sport-smiley-018:

I'm happily looking forward to being mesmerised ! But your fireplace really vvvvv impressive la; my maybe 2 years of renotalkreading alsonever see before. Truly original !

And it also is mindbogging what taobao has

I'm happily looking forward to being mesmerised ! But your fireplace really vvvvv impressive la; my maybe 2 years of renotalkreading alsonever see before. Truly original !

And it also is mindbogging what taobao has

It truly is. I think if you can find the right term, there's nothing much you can't really find. :jawdrop:

Still need to see it all together, skali in the end, looks weird! HAHA!

By now you guys might've realized I am an obsessive worrywart. :bleah:

can i ask u for more details to ur bathroom marble tiles?

is there a name for this tile? material? where can i get this? lol... i think its very classy very nice