Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Congratulation Kara, so happy for you and you should be so proud of yourself to accomplish this,

actually we all see your whole journey, I am sure now look back those worries and stress is all worth it.

p/s invite all of us than we can see the real kitchen, so u don't need DSLR :jammin::notti::sport-smiley-003::sport-smiley-018:

Wow! Very nice & unique deco indeed! Looks like a v cosy home..

Can I check the main door, u painted it over e old colour? What kind of paint u use?

Also for main gate, u spray paint it? I was quoted qte ex for spray painting it

So happy for you!!! All your hard work has paid off *clap clap*... can't wait for more pictures :)

Thanks! :) more pictures coming up as I slowly start furnishing the place!

Congratulation Kara, so happy for you and you should be so proud of yourself to accomplish this,

actually we all see your whole journey, I am sure now look back those worries and stress is all worth it.

p/s invite all of us than we can see the real kitchen, so u don't need DSLR :jammin::notti::sport-smiley-003::sport-smiley-018:

Haha, will do. Probably in December already. Can't even imagine the packing and cleaning. It seems dusty everyday!

Congratulations! i'm glad that your reno has progressed smoothly after the showdown! i guess everyone needs some pushing!

Haha, yeah. They still have one last repair to do for me (these carpentry workers are so passive I can't even. It makes them have to come down multiple times but they seem to enjoy doing that rather than doing it right in one shot. Ah wellz.

Wow! Very nice & unique deco indeed! Looks like a v cosy home..

Can I check the main door, u painted it over e old colour? What kind of paint u use?

Also for main gate, u spray paint it? I was quoted qte ex for spray painting it

Both I painted over. Main door painted over the veneer / laminate door HDB provided.

Just used oil based paint. Yeah spray painting was very expensive so I said no to that.

Turns out the painting result was super good for me.

• Like 1

Your mint color door + the black gates is perfect together! Just curious, was the gate supplied by HDB or did you change it? The design is one of the nicer-looking ones I have come across so far. Your kitchen looks wonderful too!

Guys, today I am so happy I cannot stop smiling. REALLY. Even though deliveries were late and my TV is not here and my painter couldn't finish the touching up (coming back tomorrow).

My home is so close to my inspiration pics I could cry. Especially after the last few weeks of agony. It's still not 100% there, but 90% there and oh my stars guys. OH MY STARS.

My iPhone camera does a terrible job at capturing the beauty of it all. I could not leave my kitchen today. I just couldn't bear too. It's 13ft (plus top cabinets 23ft) of gorgeousness. Not trying to be BHB but I am so so happy. I can't wait to have y'all over. I'm going to lug my DSLR down tomorrow and attempt to capture its loveliness. The kitchen is now my favorite spot. Followed closely by the master bath. But most of all...

My gate and door looks almost exactly like the inspiration pics. My gold knocker and peephole will go up tomorrow to complete the loveliness. Plus the gold numbers at the side of the gate and a plant right under the doorbell and it's perfection.

podocarpus_ball_grande.jpg?v=1409910047

And without further ado... my gate and door (incomplete; but I couldn't wait to show you guys!)

Photo%2012-11-15%208%2024%2001%20PM_zpsh

It is the perfect shade of mint in real life and the gold handles just make the semi gloss black gate POP. Can you imagine more gold elements (knocker; house number) on it? Oh my stars. I CANNOT DEAL.

And sneak peek of the kitchen. The gold handles glisten in real life and the solid top is so much like marble when the light hits it... All in the right spots. I wish you guys could see it for realz. Hopefully my DSLR will do a better job tomorrow.

Photo%2012-11-15%208%2016%2024%20PM_zps2

Photo%2012-11-15%208%2012%2055%20PM_zpsj

Photo%2012-11-15%208%2016%2011%20PM_zpsz

I have no idea why this gold shows up matte in pictures but it's actually pretty glossy in real life!!

Happy sigh and tears. It was very much worth it. I cannot wait to complete more of the house! Touch ups tomorrow will just make it perfect. The guest bath is also complete but I forgot to take pictures of it because I was relishing in the kitchen's gorgeousness.

Your mint color door + the black gates is perfect together! Just curious, was the gate supplied by HDB or did you change it? The design is one of the nicer-looking ones I have come across so far. Your kitchen looks wonderful too!

Yes! I actually hated it, apparently a lot of people love it! It was initially in like a distressed silver!

Thanks!

I totally understand what you mean!!! ^^ Lol very lovely kitchen~~~ I would love to go white too... but a lot of people warned me very difficult to maintain. HAHA... Just contented with my white counter top. Can't wait to see the entire layout!!

Haha! Actually it's not so hard to maintain la. Or maybe I'm used to it. Haha!!

Nice kitchen! Would you mind sharing a picture of the kitchen door? Contemplating on whether I should get a door (or not) for the kitchen.

Here you go

image_zpsxq4reqaf.jpeg

I had to do 2 pane cus the door frame was bigger... And the stopper is there (not pretty but practical haha) from my contractor to prevent the glass door from slamming.

Hope that helps!

Where do you get art posters from?

Intend to design a small and cozy cafe corner and decorate it with a framed poster. Need to surf for inspiration.

Where do you get art posters from?

Intend to design a small and cozy cafe corner and decorate it with a framed poster. Need to surf for inspiration.

Hmm... I've started collecting art pieces here and there from travels and online... So no specific place I suppose.

Etsy / Minted is a great place to start depending on what kind you're looking for.

Guest toilet sink up:

image_zpstscmoi5q.jpeg

Doors painted:

image_zpsryuu6vo5.jpeg

(Lighting makes it look yellow? The one at the end of the corridor is the right color)

My mirrored side tables and Crystal lamp... (Bad photo)

image_zpsmzdjjzlw.jpeg

Unfortunately can't show my gold unit number. :) gonna paste on gold unit number on the right as well and a plant.

Knocker is too small and should've gotten a bigger one. Hai. But still looks ok with the digital peephole.

image_zps3kssz0qo.jpeg

This is the before - had to take my neighbors cus I forgot to take mine!!

image_zpslk1uafeg.jpeg

Last touch ups, then soon the decor can come in so I can place everything and show you guys!

Edited by bykaraanne