Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

You changed our nick! My fiance thought it was another person who commented on our T-blog as he is more familiar with your old nick :P

You changed our nick! My fiance thought it was another person who commented on our T-blog as he is more familiar with your old nick :P

I have no idea why that happened :(

LIGHTING:

Going with simplicity here -- maintenance- and fuss-free lights. Quickly settled all lights, don't require extra light points.

(1) Fanco 5-Blade Ceiling Fan with light (Aroma 54" white) x 3

Using this fan at our current rental and love it. Used to HATE ceiling fans with a vengeance (maintenance) and thought they looked ugly, but actually it looks kinda nice and saves space (since fan + light) for us. Since our area is very very windy, love having ceiling fan to make full use of the natural wind. One in the living room and one in each of the rooms.

AROMA-WH-2xnrvkixoljc6irpkn25my.jpg

(2) Philips Ceiling Light (308073166) x 4

For both toilets and service yard and storeroom - waterproof and easy to clean.

zob04i.png

(3) Philips Ceiling Light (307593166) x 2

For the kitchen and corridor (to the rooms).

ndlr9j.png

(4) Replica Tom Dixon Copper Ball Lamp Shade (35cm)

For the foyer/dining area.

Tom-Dixon-Copper-Shade-Light.jpg

Hi, i really like your Philips ceiling lights (both square and round) and fans.

Possible to PM me where you bought them please?

TIA.

Hi Kara! You have 2 drawers under the sink, how did your carpenter fabricate that and what do you store inside? Usually the contractor will tell me that below the sink is just casement door for storing detergent. TIA!

Hi Kara! You have 2 drawers under the sink, how did your carpenter fabricate that and what do you store inside? Usually the contractor will tell me that below the sink is just casement door for storing detergent. TIA!

They are dummy drawers I requested to match the look of my cabinets (all drawers across).

My sink is very deep so the dummy drawers work well for me.

What a beautiful home. I hope that my upcoming home can be as beautiful as yours, Kara.

As I'm also a 3 room (future) homeowner on a tight budget, would you mind sharing how much you spent in total for your renovations?

Thanks in advance!

What a beautiful home. I hope that my upcoming home can be as beautiful as yours, Kara.

As I'm also a 3 room (future) homeowner on a tight budget, would you mind sharing how much you spent in total for your renovations?

Thanks in advance!

Thank you.

The renovations cost me about $21k. I didn't opt in for the flooring so I paid full for the new cement screed and the tiles. Same for my doors etc. Also my master bathroom and kitchen costed the bulk of it.

Hope that helps.

Hi Kara!

I just spent 4hrs reading thru your entire blog with a cup of tea to go along with it. :)

LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR HOUSE! I had the same concept in mind for years now and imagine how happy i am to find someone with the same taste and actually working on it! i was really hoping if you could open your doors so that i can convince my fiancé to the design. :P

Like you i DIE DIE WANT the engraved seamless kitchen cabinet and not "victorian" cabinets. So i know how it feels to give that up.

But overall it still turns out nice!

Whats your take on the hafary floor tiles? They are are super gorgeous!

p/s : I'm never a fan of fake fireplace but you just make me a convert. :D

Hi Kara!

I just spent 4hrs reading thru your entire blog with a cup of tea to go along with it. :)

LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR HOUSE! I had the same concept in mind for years now and imagine how happy i am to find someone with the same taste and actually working on it! i was really hoping if you could open your doors so that i can convince my fiancé to the design. :P

Like you i DIE DIE WANT the engraved seamless kitchen cabinet and not "victorian" cabinets. So i know how it feels to give that up.

But overall it still turns out nice!

Whats your take on the hafary floor tiles? They are are super gorgeous!

p/s : I'm never a fan of fake fireplace but you just make me a convert. :D

Hey there!

Thanks for the wonderful words. :) Yes, I went to see some custom-built shaker style cabinets in Singapore and still didn't love them. Meh. I like my glossy white cabinets now anyway because they are a breeze to clean! Seriously, just wipe off.

I love all my tiles. No complaints there. Easy to clean, virtually indestructible, and gorgeous. I've had tons of compliments on them!

If you wanna come take a look, leave me a PM. I'm sure if my husband is at home we could let you guys in for a bit. :)