Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On 4/15/2016 at 5:58 PM, bykaraanne said:

Hey there!

Ok, Macro has been working very well for me. My master gets heated up much slower than the guest because it's further. I would say maybe 10 - 20 seconds max for the water to heat up. It does stay hot enough for the entire shower, or even to fill my entire tub, so I would say it is consistent. It's definitely not instant. I just use the first 10-20 seconds to rinse out my shower area. 

There is absolutely ZERO gas smell or any deposits on clothes. ZERO. This is a myth, I feel. My bunnies live in my SY and my kitchen so I would never expose them to something like this. There is ZERO smell when working, just the sound of it heating up. 

Hope that helps! I also almost chose Ferroli due to the last EC I stayed in, but the Citygas lady told me Macro was better.  

thanks for your detailed reply Kara! really really appreciate it :) 

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 4/20/2016 at 11:46 AM, bykaraanne said:

If any of you has some extra time, could you please help me favorite my home on Apartment Therapy? It's always been my dream to be featured and it's finally up:
http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/kara-annes-sanctuary-in-singapore-small-cool-2016-230498

Thank you! 

:wub:

congrats!!! you definitely deserve the feature and you have my vote:D

@Starrain Go with who you feel comfortable with. Nick has great carpentry standards for as much as I know though, so I wouldn't be disappointed going with either. :) 

@pipsqueak You are very much welcome! We love our gas heater despite what people who don't understand it says. We cook almost daily with gas, and use the heater for rainshower plus my tub (about once every week), and my gas bills at $14 (!!!!!). I am in awe. 

I love that I get to enjoy it but save money and the environment at the same time! 

Hi @bykaraanne! May I know your review for your dining table from Fortytwo? I've been thinking of getting an extendable dining table (not the same as yours) from them as well but I'm a little jittery about buying furniture without seeing and touching them. Thanks!

@sanguine hmm, it is holding up ok! As per wooden tables have to prevent kinks (since it's dark colored), but overall it is a very solid table.

note that the extendable table is by extension, not pull open like Ikea one. 

Overall good for the price. Got compliments on it. Solid wood.

On Saturday, September 19, 2015 at 10:44 PM, bykaraanne said:

Only the tiles la, but fast hor?

1 day cement screed + kitchen base

1/2 day tiles + grout up.

Tmrw skirting, hopefully I'll get there before they cover up the flooring. They will be screeding the bedrooms and toilet tmrw I think! Then start tiling immediately after my aircon is done on Monday...

Can't wait for my marble MBR!!

313q7vd.jpg

My bathtub :dancingqueen:

2n8orar.jpg

Contractor sent to me one. When I went there it was too dark to take pics already. But in my own opinion super chio from the entrance (buey hiao bai haha). Cus I never expected myself to choose dark flooring... :sport-smiley-018:

Hi Kara,

Want to ask you what is your super chio flooring grout color? =)

38 minutes ago, Starrain said:

Hi Kara,

Want to ask you what is your super chio flooring grout color? =)

Don't know leh! Tiling uncle mix to match one. Sorry!

On 5 December 2015 at 10:20 PM, bykaraanne said:

SOME 'LIVED IN' PHOTOS -

Things are not super tidy as we've lived in it and made it a home. I will still be tidying up the master toilet but so far it is what the house has looked like most of the time. So there's dishes drying etc.

Areas not yet complete: Dining Area (pending my photography on walls) + office

The gold full length mirror also needs to be mounted on the wall... Hubby keeps procrastinating. :curse:

Kitchen

Ahhh, my love. I've been enjoying cooking! Steam stand and air fryer ftw, I don't even need a microwave anymore and I'm loving it! :sport-smiley-003:

IMG_5347_zpslm9jqwfe.jpg

IMG_5349_zpsy9yvqbpr.jpg

IMG_5350_zps5mny7q3w.jpg

I have yet to decorate the shelves... Still waiting for my coffeetable books (mainly Jamie Oliver cookbooks). :) So please don't judge the mess HAHA!

IMG_5353_zpsxyi4ir6d.jpg

IMG_5358_zpsirqzzxvf.jpg

Please ignore the fingerprints on the oven, I have yet to use it at all so no cleaning. My hob and hood is spanking shiny though as I clean every day.

IMG_5361_zps0kaiub5v.jpg

Hello Kara, thank you for sharing your home reno journey. Love what you did to your house, its beautiful. May I ask where did you get the spice rack (next to your fridge) from and the price?

Thank you.

God bless!

4 hours ago, Yeebun said:

Hello Kara, thank you for sharing your home reno journey. Love what you did to your house, its beautiful. May I ask where did you get the spice rack (next to your fridge) from and the price?

Thank you.

God bless!

Hey Yeebun!

i got it from Groupon at $23.90.

i believe you can get it from Qoo10 too!

• Like 1

On 4/27/2016 at 6:16 PM, bykaraanne said:

Don't know leh! Tiling uncle mix to match one. Sorry!

It's ok. 

It looks very nice! Well done tiling uncle!

Edited by Starrain

Hi hi..came across ur blog and love ur bto design. I'm also a new owner in rvdelta. Really love ur idea of the mirror electrical cabinet. Can I check where you got the mirror from? :rolleyes: 

19 hours ago, Rvdelta said:

Hi hi..came across ur blog and love ur bto design. I'm also a new owner in rvdelta. Really love ur idea of the mirror electrical cabinet. Can I check where you got the mirror from? :rolleyes: 

Hi! I just told my contractor what I wanted and he did it for me! 

wow..ur contractor so good.. its FOC?

Is it ok if I ask how much did he charge you? Because the mirror contractor charge close to 500 for both mirror and installation.