Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

2 hours ago, Rvdelta said:

wow..ur contractor so good.. its FOC?

Is it ok if I ask how much did he charge you? Because the mirror contractor charge close to 500 for both mirror and installation.

Uh not free... 4 pieces of mirror + installation was $2xx. 

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hello Bykaraanne,

You have such a nice place! Absolutely gorgeous. We are starting our renovation soon and our house theme is modern victorian. So can i ask where did you get your dining chairs from and how much does it cost? Thank you so much and hope to hear from you!

On 10 June 2016 at 10:06 AM, Butterkups said:

Hello Bykaraanne,

You have such a nice place! Absolutely gorgeous. We are starting our renovation soon and our house theme is modern victorian. So can i ask where did you get your dining chairs from and how much does it cost? Thank you so much and hope to hear from you!

Hey there!

it was from Taobao, with shipping came out to be $90-$100 a piece. We couldn't find any nice tufted chairs here so had to buy.

http://tmqd.me/h.ZbnHa3?cv=AAFoTBwp&sm=0c02d0

hope that helps! 

Back on Renotalk because I recently budget-overhauled my service yard to make it usable and tailored to my use - wanted the SY to serve as a catch all for all laundry needs so not everything is in the storeroom. I spent no more than $100 on the SY. Pictures soon. :) 

I also sold away my entire dining set and am updating it with a tulip table! Always wanted a round table but don't know what convinced me to get a traditional one. My new dining area will cost me close to nothing after all my sales! 

Some updates to the master bath and kitchen as well just small ones to keep it organized and clean. Super love! 

Pictures soon!

Yeah! Love to see your updates!

Can I ask you, does the Mayfair WC comes with Geberit flush? I remember reading it was without it. 

Is it so far so good for you? Can I know how much was it? I will probably go to HL to get them too. Coz I follow my idol. Won't go wrong. :P

But.. my keys.. I'm still waiting... zzZ

18 hours ago, Starrain said:

Yeah! Love to see your updates!

Can I ask you, does the Mayfair WC comes with Geberit flush? I remember reading it was without it. 

Is it so far so good for you? Can I know how much was it? I will probably go to HL to get them too. Coz I follow my idol. Won't go wrong. :P

But.. my keys.. I'm still waiting... zzZ

No! Only the Baron 888 comes with it. But he assured me no diff lah (he said just name only). Flush is good for me! My hubby is quite particular with flush but he says this is up to his standards? 

Some more much cheaper than B888 so nevermind lah. Take. Very chio and easy to clean some more. 

I know some people got the IXISS one even cheaper leh! 

On 09/07/2015 at 8:28 PM, bykaraanne said:

Our home came much quicker than expected, cus I was 30 out of the units available and signed in April 2013, but we just got the HLE letter and saw that the fences have already been torn down. Apparently ours is the first block and it's only been a little more than two years (Nov 2012 BTO, though!). Anyhow, we chose a 3R because (1) We balloted for PLENTY of 4Rs and just didn't have the "luck" for it, so we thought maybe that's just not God's plan for now; (2) I was just starting a business then and we didn't want to carry debt. We are super young (23yo) and debt-free, and this house is quite low maintenance for us so we are quite happy with it! No plans for children but even if we have one it can take it. :good: Haha!

So I am quite excited to get the house going but we have a great place to live right now so we're not in a hurry to move. Having lived in an area that's surrounded by renovations / construction, I know how "vomit blood" it can be to clean it everyday. And I've heard stories from other RenoTalkers. But somehow, the people in my estate don't believe how hard it is to clean! Haha!

We went down to see our block since it was unfenced (but stairs still sealed up, only got to go up to the carpark) and generally was happy with what I saw. Love the colors and placement of things, and love the way everything was built. Should be a happy 5 years (or more)!

Starting with our floor plan:

qohanp.png

We are meeting 3 contractors next week, and probably a 1 - 2 more in the next few weeks. Met with an ID but I have such a clear vision of how I want everything to look in my head (I am a designer, albeit not interior designer, by trade) and the IDs really disappointed me and bombed us with ridiculous amounts like $44k even though I didn't need that much. London is my second home and holds a super important place in my heart. I've collected various London trinkets from our honeymoon and our longish trip this year, so I hope to bring a piece of it here. So many IDs keep interpreting it as "victorian" which isn't what I want, so hopefully the contractors can help me out! And this is also why our home will be "Little London" -- like Little India or Chinatown. Haha!

Will update as time passes and link everything to a content post in the next post! :) Hope I can help fellow 3Roomers as we're SO hard to find but I personally love 3 Room transformations! :sport-smiley-018:

Hi, i love your design very much. Can pm me your actual floor plan, thank you very much.

Edited by Jess Ong

14 hours ago, Jess Ong said:

Hi, i love your design very much. Can pm me your actual floor plan, thank you very much.

Hi! Sorry what do u mean? That is already the actual floor plan, only took away the words.

thanks! :)

4 hours ago, bykaraanne said:

Hi! Sorry what do u mean? That is already the actual floor plan, only took away the words.

thanks! :)

Actually I need your measurement for masterbed room toilet and living room as well. My id regected me for placing bathtub. Oh ya, I'm 3 room same with you. 

image.jpeg

Here you go.

2mwz9l3.png

40 minutes ago, Jess Ong said:

Actually I need your measurement for masterbed room toilet and living room as well. My id regected me for placing bathtub. Oh ya, I'm 3 room same with you. 

image.jpeg

On Saturday, July 23, 2016 at 2:26 PM, bykaraanne said:

Hey there!

it was from Taobao, with shipping came out to be $90-$100 a piece. We couldn't find any nice tufted chairs here so had to buy.

http://tmqd.me/h.ZbnHa3?cv=AAFoTBwp&sm=0c02d0

hope that helps! 

Thanks to Kara post on her chairs.. we source out on ezbuy and glad the same chair is on Prime list. 

12 hours ago, sazeryn said:

Thanks to Kara post on her chairs.. we source out on ezbuy and glad the same chair is on Prime list. 

Yay! Glad I could help. I'm sure those chairs look awesome at your place. I already sold my set. Haha!