Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking forward to see your pics for the service yard. 

Im going to heavy mod my sy soon. Though i have some preliminary ideas for a smoother work flow to transit clothes from laundry basket to washer to drying line and then to storage buckets to iron board. My small SY is also gonna be part pantry and cleaning gear storage. May be able to get some inspiration from yours (especially the price since u can do it under 100 bucks, im very interested).

Edited by Changbp

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Updated Service Yard, not the best photos. My house is nicer IRL leh! Hahaha.

image_zpsgyi1sbaw.jpeg

Nothing on top that will prevent the ease of using the top hung clothes drying rack. Closed storage for rabbit items and cleaning supplies, folding table (super love, useful) and hay box on top. 

image_zpsnj99q3xy.jpeg

washer side. As there's the heater on top, I only aim to make this side as neat as possible. Ironing board, the 23cm wide drawers I found and love (though now u can see my mess inside hahaha) for my rabbit grooming supplies, laundry supplies etc. closed storage for everything makes my SY so much neater and got a lot more space from my store room back! 

image_zpsqiesndwb.jpeg

not the prettiest, but the cleaning spot right next to my blue drawers. Great hanger from Daiso for all my scrubby supplies for toilet (I don't like to keep them in the toilet cus dampness = bacteria to me, so I sun them then hang them here), grout scrubber and stainless steel cleaners in the basket, plus my antiseptic hand wash cus I'm crazy. Love the 3M broom holder for my microfiber mop (for light cleanings) and broom.

image_zpsufvgyvtu.jpeg

also cleaned up my master toilet area. Still love my bathroom, no regrets. Don't need to go for staycations anymore.

image_zpslrpbr9lo.jpeg

image_zpswb4q9wgm.jpeg

cleaned up my shelves (finally!) and love them, despite people telling us to get closed cabinetry instead or that it will attract dust. These shelves make our kitchen so much brighter and more fun! Plus, though I cook often, my cabinets are still relatively empty. 

image_zps5jtkek8n.jpeg

image_zpssbxwvi6t.jpeg

also labeled everything in my small pantry and fridge. Haha! 

My new dining area and living area to come next! Only changed the rug + coffee table in the living area, but dining room is completely different now. 

On 2 August 2016 at 8:24 AM, blackainmamba said:

omg your house is gorgeous... juz love your bedroom. its soo dreamy white.. and your round gold mirror.. droolsss

Thanks! :) I appreciate you reading it! 

On 1 August 2016 at 11:45 PM, Changbp said:

Looking forward to see your pics for the service yard. 

Im going to heavy mod my sy soon. Though i have some preliminary ideas for a smoother work flow to transit clothes from laundry basket to washer to drying line and then to storage buckets to iron board. My small SY is also gonna be part pantry and cleaning gear storage. May be able to get some inspiration from yours (especially the price since u can do it under 100 bucks, im very interested).

Hah, mine simple only, not complicated like your projects... Lots of storage for my cleaning stuff, but I have no buckets. Now cleaning stuff all very compact liao. Haha.

Hihi your service yard is looking great and functional! You really made use of the nooks and crannies well (i.e. hanging the sponge srubs from glass panel. Wouldn't have thought of that!) Kitchen and fridge super well-organized with all the labels too! Seriously, good job. Haha. Love love having a glimpse of lived in homes as it gives a chance to openly kaypo about how others live! :P

Also feeling envious of the piping placement you have in your SY :) For my place, there's 2 large pipes running horizontally on both sides of the SY so even a regular size washer can't fit in nicely. Sobs.

15 hours ago, Lazyfatcat007 said:

Hi Kara, love your organisational skills!! And the new SY n kitchen storage looks great!

Thanks! Fridge still very messy haha. Should take my drawers next time, drawers very neat hahaha.

update more of your house leh! 

10 hours ago, kingandbin said:

Hihi your service yard is looking great and functional! You really made use of the nooks and crannies well (i.e. hanging the sponge srubs from glass panel. Wouldn't have thought of that!) Kitchen and fridge super well-organized with all the labels too! Seriously, good job. Haha. Love love having a glimpse of lived in homes as it gives a chance to openly kaypo about how others live! :P

Also feeling envious of the piping placement you have in your SY :) For my place, there's 2 large pipes running horizontally on both sides of the SY so even a regular size washer can't fit in nicely. Sobs.

Haha yeah after time passes I can know even more how I live and make changes. Which is why I changed out my dining area. 

Both sides?! that's unfortunate. We were quite lucky, but our SY is already small (since 3R), if they still pipe like that, really don't need put anything alre.

On 5 October 2015 at 11:45 PM, bykaraanne said:

TAOBAO SHOPPING (MORE!):

Ceiling Medallion

I finally caved and got a ceiling medallion! Asked my contractor and he said he would be able to install it for me. So I'm a happy girl! This cost like $20+ so no big loss even if it doesn't turn out that nice. Just more accents for my living room!

TB2.PSXapXXXXXWXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!644197658.

Philips LED Light Strip

Edmund encouraged me to have countertop lighting, so I ordered 5m of Philips lights from TB! More than half off Singapore, as per my dad's "research" when he went to Mustafa. So I reckon I got a good deal!

TB28xk1XVXXXXbPXXXXXXXXXXXX-748390603.jp

Digital Peephole Viewer

For safety purposes. All-in-one CCTV / Doorbell / Peephole solution. Though we will buy another doorbell for the one that's connected outside, because I don't think anyone would think to press the doorbell through the gate.

TB2quNGdVXXXXbiXXXXXXXXXXXX-799565881.jp

Also got some HEPA Filters for my Panasonic air purifier, since it's light and I can ship it together, and some bicycle digit locks for my dad (they were on SUPER sale). A last shipment of decorative elements and carpets for the entire home to come later since my renovation is delayed, so I will order that later in October.

May I know what size is your ceiling medallion? Your living room fan size as well?

Hi Kara,

Read on your blog about your Mayfair WC with the strong flush.

Are there many mayfair models so I wun get lost when I go down to HL. 

Does HL has many WC on display as well? 

Paisei, Do u think you can share with me how much was yours? 

Thanks for your time

Edited by Cazfaith

On 9 August 2016 at 4:03 PM, Jess Ong said:

May I know what size is your ceiling medallion? Your living room fan size as well?

Sorry cannot remember. Looks like about 50-60cm diameter. 

Living room is 52" iirc! Fanco aroma. Love it still.

7 hours ago, Cazfaith said:

Hi Kara,

Read on your blog about your Mayfair WC with the strong flush.

Are there many mayfair models so I wun get lost when I go down to HL. 

Does HL has many WC on display as well? 

Paisei, Do u think you can share with me how much was yours? 

Thanks for your time

Hmm I don't think so! James' BIL recommended to me one. I got it at $260-280 I think. U let them know is Isaac and Kara friend lor see got discount anot. Idk if ours is special price or not.