Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On ‎19‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 4:02 PM, ahjack said:

Hi

for the rain shower.- u got the storage heater ? is it must have storage heater for rain shower ?

Grohe sales person did shared with us it is better to install storage heater if you wish to have rain shower.

storage heater u can consider a few brands, one of those I am thinking of getting is ao smith.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 19/01/2017 at 0:46 PM, ahjack said:

Hi

Mind to share where to get Replica Tom Dixon Copper Ball Lamp Shade ? Thanks

Taobao!

On 19/01/2017 at 4:02 PM, ahjack said:

Hi

for the rain shower.- u got the storage heater ? is it must have storage heater for rain shower ?

I use gas heater! Rainshower works fine!

On 23/01/2017 at 4:04 PM, fifteenmay said:

can i ask where did you get your main door and gate from?

It's original HDB just painted over.

On 19/02/2017 at 10:55 PM, geneo79 said:

HiHi

Can i check from where you get your bathtub? The dimensions and the model as well.

Thanks Thanks!

Ideal Bathroom at Balestier! I don't have the model anymore. It's the 160x75cm model iirc! Should've gotten slightly longer, I underestimated the length of my bathroom.

On 19/02/2017 at 11:57 PM, arpanbagchi said:

hi - can you share your contractor details pls ? sounds like he worked out really well for you...

Hello! I've DMed you.

Hi there, do you mind to share how much you bought the bathtub for and so far, is it practical to have it in your house? (since it is shorter than those in hotel)

Do you mind to share your contractor's details and how much he quoted you? Thanks! :)

Hi @bykaraanne!! Wanted to ask if evershine insisted on you making full payment before they fabricated and installed the solid surface top? Also, did they charge you GST too? 

On 21/02/2017 at 11:57 AM, Butterflious said:

Hi there, do you mind to share how much you bought the bathtub for and so far, is it practical to have it in your house? (since it is shorter than those in hotel)

Do you mind to share your contractor's details and how much he quoted you? Thanks! :)

$250. Depends on how tall you are. It is good for me but I'm petite (1.56m). My husband uses it too but less often.

my toilet can do longer but I didn't. If given a choice again I would buy 1.7- 1.75m.

but I'm not unhappy with it. :) i use it very often and didn't regret the decision once to have a tub.

On 28/02/2017 at 6:28 PM, POX said:

Hi @bykaraanne!! Wanted to ask if evershine insisted on you making full payment before they fabricated and installed the solid surface top? Also, did they charge you GST too? 

I think yes - my contractor paid on my behalf first. Not sure about GST, my contractor liaised! 

I'm pretty sure all must pay to fabricate.

On 27/07/2017 at 11:26 PM, honeybunny said:

hi kara, may i know the color for your main door paint? i'm thinking of painting my bedroom doors the same color as it looks like a light mint :)

Hmm I think it's Dulux Royal wedding.

On 02/09/2017 at 4:09 PM, Teebag said:

Hi, read in one of your posts that u bought a Mayfair 8116 wc. Does it work well? Any problems ?

No problems for me. :) 

Btw I'm back because I wanted to update on my Taobao buys after almost 2 years of using, as requested by a previous Renotalker.

My main Taobao items:

Authentic Hansgrohe Shower set and bathroom taps

These held up well of course and are definitely authentic. No issues. 

Probably authentic Hansgrohe rainshower set

This only rusted slightly at a very inconspicuous spot, near the top of the rainshower stem. Otherwise no other rusting. I sprayed transparent Rustoleum on it after and no further rusting.

Gold Kitchen Faucet

No leaking but there is some discoloration at the bend of the handle. Not very obvious but it's significant. Didn't affect usage so I'm okay. 

Bathroom Accessories

Toiler paper holders, bath towel holders all held up well. No rusting or discoloration. 

----

I didn't want to praise it all, but honestly they all held up well. :) My home has stayed relatively the same except for my dining table, so I've really used these things for the last almost 2 years. :) 

hope that helps!

Hey Kara! We have engaged Edmund too and he is still very fond of you haha. Good to see u coming back to review after 2 years! I have read through your entire blog some time ago and not sure if u have mentioned this before. May I know where you bought your Rustoleum spray? Tried but couldn't find it in Homefix..

5 hours ago, pandacel said:

Hey Kara! We have engaged Edmund too and he is still very fond of you haha. Good to see u coming back to review after 2 years! I have read through your entire blog some time ago and not sure if u have mentioned this before. May I know where you bought your Rustoleum spray? Tried but couldn't find it in Homefix..

Selffix! :) 

And hope it all goes smoothly for you! :) 

Edited by bykaraanne