Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I feel so stupid to not look for this info before we sign with them.

They gave the worst (cheapest) sub-con they can find & can even tell us they will.not use those sub-con again & I ask so u used my hse as experiments?  He just laughed it off.

We forced them to hand over the keys (as we have already arranged for hse moving) if not they will not hand in the keys too!

Up till today, is exactly 4 months from 1st day we handed them the hse keys, stil so much things not clear. The sub-con has very bad attitude also, especially BUMI MEGAH. They nailed nails after doing lamination & wanted to use putty to "touch up" those holes!

Toilet tiles are done by 1 China guy, the gaps are so big I feel like I am using public toilet everytime I am in it, & he even left out some tiling guides in the cement. Very bad work & yet the charges are sky high!

They even forgot all the special request for the kitchen cabinets & sub-con is not willing to do anymore changes to it saying it's too major a change.

Overlayed vinyl flooring, sub-con never even check if the floor is levelled & just lay vinyl tiles over, so some part of the hse u can feel is not leveled & is popped higher.

The list goes on & on.

NEVER NEVER sign with them!

Writing here does not benefit us anything but we can at least prevent another unhappy Reno experience as we believe if the process is a happy experience,  the hse will bring u more happiness.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I am always contactable on my personal mobile at +65 90090808, if you have any enquiries. I will be most pleased to assist and do my very best to help.

Wonderful greetings to all,

I wish to clarify that the owner, Miss Pearlyn Oh, has refused to pay us the outstanding balance of more than $5k, despite we have cleared all defects and handed over promptly. She remains absolutely uncontactable and we decided to move on and not pursue the matter. I wish to reiterate that we always take great pride of our designs and work with our hearts and true conscience as God will be watching us. We always do our utmost best to ensure every projects we undertook are done well and we do take full responsibility. Company's reputation is more important than monetary matters. All my customers realized that I am always remain contactable and be there to solve any problems they face with. In the end, we aim to create long trusting friendships.

I seek your understanding on this matter and you be the best judge of our commitments. Thank you all for reading my comments and may the gracious Lord blesses you all.

Triston Lim

Hi to all,

I am the boss of the company and have personally handled Pearlyn's project myself with my project manager. What she has commented is highly bias and totally untrue. I have been in this line for 11 year and completed over 1000 projects. I had lots of good testimonies from my clients and was frequently being gracefully invited to their house warming for doing a great work for them. But this is really the first time I came across with such a nasty customer like Pearlyn. The details are too vexing and lengthy to mention further. In short, she is a very detailed person and every words in the contract are meticulously vet through by her, questioned and replied to her complete satisfaction. Nothing is left untouched. We have even given her a great deal of free items as she would frequently request. 

The project was completed in due time as my project manager is a very experienced and highly efficient person. We listed 3 rounds of defects and all are cleared. However, when come the collection of the final payment of 5%, she either gave the excuses that she is out of town or starts to list another round of defects again, which some of the defects are pretty ridiculously highlighted. Even for that, we still perform our duty to clear for her as I do not like to owe people. The whole process dragged for 3 long months without collecting the last payment. Finally, when all the 'defects' are cleared. She asked for 50% reduction of the last payment. Till today, she still never pay. Of course we are in total shocked and disbelief. It is not about the money anymore. It is the principle that she treat us like beggars. I have been quiet all these times, but after read her comments on this forum, I felt that I cannot simply remain quiet anymore. I would leave the rest for all of you to judge. My motto is to have a clear conscience and serve my clients well, except the pretty nasty ones. 

Thank you for your kind attention.

Triston

Hi.

I am sure you have already gone ahead with your renov; and completed it?

I did my renov with Piuttosto Design.

I would like to share my experiences with them; so that other owners will not land in the same plight as me.

Please avoid this ID; by all means. I have had very very bad and nasty experience with them. I moved into my new home in March16. Till today, I have not gotten back my lift card+main door key. Things were left unsettled and the ID (aka boss himself) - his attitude n tone changed, when we paid everything as per contract n left with only 5% not paid. I couldn't possibly write everything here. Maybe just some pointers. Eg. Kitchen quartz quoted to me was based on 23.5ft as an estimate but actual used was only abt 17ft. I asked him for a recalculation as the actual used was much lesser. The ID got angry and exit the group chat and didn't even come to rectify other issues that was not done. As the balance payment left was only 5% - I presume the ID chose to exit the chat - without coming to do the rectifications that they didn't do (which I brought up before I moved in, and they have agreed to do it, after I moved in). Instead of coming to a consensus of the issues, the ID chose to just exit the chat - despite my husband suggesting that we meet - to settle the issue & final payment. So now, we are left with rectifications not done, touch-up paint after moved in not done, key not returned to us, overcharge of quartz, the one year warranty of defects not given (as promised by the ID when we signed the contract). The 5% balance payment is a small amount to pay - we have already paid of 95% - to us, the 5% is easily affordable and manageable. As an owner - we will not escape this payment. What we want is a proper handover and the defects done with proper follow-up.

To add on, all our quotes on wardrobes was also wrongly calculated. Our ceiling height is higher. The ID calculated based on 8ft while our ceiling height is 9ft. (Thought verbally as a layman, we have indicated we want to do 3wardrobes in 3bedrooms till ceiling). As we were not careful, the contract indicated was 8ft, so the ID's contractor has to charged us extra for that one ft up till ceiling. And we paid for it. I just want fairness. We add on to the wardrobe; cos it makes sense to do till ceiling (no home owners would want a one ft gap fr top of wardrobe to the ceiling). I was told by the ID - "we base on contract" - after we signed the contract - his mannerism changed totally. Basing on the wardrobe issue - then I do feel that - since the kitchen quartz  is quoted as 23.5ft - and actual used is 17ft - then what do we do with those extra quartz quoted and charged to us?

What's done cannot be undone; its just 'bad luck' on our part that we have chosen Piuttosto Design. I couldn't find much reviews on them too; when we were finalising an ID for our home. The least I can do now is - to alert other home owners - if you are planning to engage Piuttosto - please don't - I think most probably you will regret it. Not only do they overcharge for many items, but the end result is no good (meaning we are left with defects not done). For us, we are okie to pay the amount; but not okie to pay and not get the rightful service and work done.

Thank You.

Hi,

Has anyone here have had experience with Piuttosto Design? Haven't been able to find any reviews on them (a google actually turn out pretty much nothing).

Thanks.