Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

A Panoramic View

Took a trip down to our unit today and took a panoramic shot of our MBR/MBR Shower/Study/Wet Area & Kitchen/Dining area.

MBR Panoramic

IMG_0166_zps2kszivai.jpg

Kitchen & Dining View

IMG_0171_zpsiier2kgu.jpg

Painting now in line for next week while awaiting carpentry fabrication and installations...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

So exciting! Can't wait for more updates! :dancingqueen:

Yes anticipating the next phase to come too. Let's see what gets done next week.

Glad to see that my ID is able to coordinate multiple team of workers in site working at the same time to expedite the whole Reno process.

TB Time

It's time for some TB and after shopping the hot areas for lightings like Balestier and some others in Paya Lebar Ubi areas we came to a conclusion. Most of the shops are getting their supplies from TB but we pay the premiums buying here for the QC done by the shops locally compared to us taking the risk and purchasing ourselves on TB.

Decided to take a plunge by going 50-50 which meant 50% of our lights sources locally with 50% purchased from TB. Can't resist the savings and more so the variety of choice to choose from really.

So here are some of our loot which are on their way over freight now. (Fingers cross all will arrive safely and nothing missing)

Common%20Bath%20Ceiling%20Mount.jpg_zpse

Kitchen%20Ceiling%20Light.jpg_zps9jbbigr

Study%20T5%20LED.jpg_zpsosvpxoys.png

Dining%20Hang%20Lights.jpg_zpsd6fzyo0v.p

MBR%20Vanity%20Mirror.jpg_zpsgw5nzx6z.pn

Paint work is ongoing now and hope that finishes well.

I heard u plan to shift in next week.... That's a very tight timeline.

All the best.

Thank you and it was a concern and a big challenge since day 1 and we are glad to have engage the right ID for the job.

Feared the possibility of completion yesterday but was quash today when we drop by the unit and see 4 teams working in the tight space.

We saw the tiler cement screeding an area missed out earlier so a door can go in today. The aluminium guys who are up to install all our partition frames in kitchen, study area and MBR shower.

Carpenters who moved the full load in and working on it and also the painters who are squeezing in all the tight spaces around pockets of space to paint.

This has left me impressed with the wrmfforys made by our ID when she made us the promise that she would try her best for us.

We understand coordinating so many teams will lead to frustration as all their work gets hampered by lack of space and often have to wait for others to finish before they can do their part so time wasted.

But all were still smiles and great banter going on between the different groups as they also know each other well as the ID team.

ID also made the effort to fabricate all our carpentry over 3 teams instead of 1 carpentry team so all items can be fabricated for installation ASAP.

End result? Detailing discussion on 9th sept and installation today in a week.

So glad we are working with someone so attentive to our needs and understands our requirements.

Edited by doubleEM

Week 6 Updates Part 1

It's the end of week 6 and things are building and moving much faster with most of the installation expected to complete by week 7 thanks to amazing job by our ID... :thumbs up:

Kitchen

IMG_0464_zpsrnmwclwa.jpg

Kitchen cabinets have gone up after the massive "work out" they did yesterday. The panels have started going up as well with the sliding panels going in by Monday.

We got some bad news today that our chosen kitchen top which was a grey granite top does not have enough materials for our kitchen so we have to swap.

IMG_0478_zpsgsgr8elk.jpg

This was the choice given to us and ended up we don't have too much to complain for as this granite top looks so much like a marble finish. We didn't go with marble because of its porous finishing and to get this marble effect with granite is more than we could ask for. I guess there is a good in every bad :sport-smiley-018: .

Dining Coloured Wall

IMG_0455_zpsyuefaglp.jpg

We went with a geometric paint job for our dining wall with the open slot between the cabinet is where our F&P fridge will sit. A subtle touch of color to the white wall.

Kids Playroom

IMG_0472_zpspfmpfgvk.jpg

We built up a wall to wall cabinet in the original MBR upstairs to act as storage for kids toys and also as a storage for the house.

OMG! The granite top! Pretty!!

:thumbs up: I think you got a better choice too.

Seems like your move in is getting closer. Your home is so big I can't even!

Was the granite top coordinated by your ID or? I still haven't placed my order for my Silestone one... Can PM me the price and where you got it? :idea:

Week 6 Updates Part 2

MBR

This is perhaps the place with the biggest work after re-orientating the whole layout of the unit and having our MBR shifted downstairs.

MDR New Door

IMG_0471_zpsed97l4uc.jpg

We went with a soft color barn door look with the diagonal barn door strip only on the outside. What we see here is the inside view of the door. Save some cost by not having the diagonal cut on both sides.

Entrance to Study Area

IMG_0468_zpskbrcak1m.jpg

There was no space for a book rack or shelf in my home office so ID suggested to cut a part of the wardrobe space so she can make a book shelf for me! Of course I love it. Turns out it is much bigger a space than I've expected it to be. Love it...

In the background is the vanity cabinet for the MBR bathroom which has been extended out into part of the original service balcony space where the floor has been raised for this purpose.

Walk in Wardrobe

IMG_0466_zpsggie7bh4.jpg

This is the small wardrobe space we have left after the book shelf has been cut out of an already small wardrobe for us.

MBR Shower Panel

IMG_0450_zpsvslevsxg.jpg

Our shower panel is finally up. we used a wire mesh frosted glass instead of a normal glass and the effect turned out much to our liking. A boo boo here for the ID as the panel powder coat color was not done correctly but we are ok with this so we told her not to worry about it. :)

She seems pickier than we are about the quality of the job which makes shows us how serious she is with her work.

Wet Area Divider

IMG_0467_zpshj4rckzl.jpg

Separated the balcony into 2 parts with this panel, we left the wet area in cement screed as seen. Anticipating the finish look to this whole area now.

This marks the end of week 6 and looking forward to the finishing touches in week 7 and we can move into the 2nd story while ID completes the 1st level for us.

Edited by doubleEM

Was the granite top coordinated by your ID or? I still haven't placed my order for my Silestone one... Can PM me the price and where you got it? :idea:

According to our ID this granite finish was suppose to be more expensive but the granite guy told her no need to top up cos their fault for lack of material :thumbs up:

Than change was coordinated by my ID but I can try to get the contact person if possible. PM you when I get a reply from my ID.

PM'ed you the cost

Thanks bro... Or sis?! Haha.

Will check it out. Really appreciate it.

How's the house coming along?

New updates soon since we made a trip to the unit today and snap some pics.