Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mpeng

Cabinet Door Hinges

Hi,

I realized that the door hinges in my kitchen cabinet started to rust after 3 months.

Qns:

1) is there any stainless steel door hinges?

2) did my contractor given me a lower quality hinges since kitchen tend to be moist?

3) can I just go to the hardware store and purchase these door hinges and DIY, any sizes?

I hope friends online can provide me with some advice. Thank you.

hinges

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

Not sure if all hardware shops sell them, but I usually go to Shanghai Tong Lee at Textile Centre to buy fittings such as hydraulic stays etc. Price wise is quite reasonable..

The safest way would be to remove one of your current hinge and bring it down to ask them for a suitable replacement,

Cheers

Edited by roland

1) About stainless steel hinge, never seen them before but would be expensive if they exist.

2) I don't think your contractor give you low quality hinge. It could be the hinges was expose to water during storage, renovation, etc... if you have not use a very wet cloth to wipe them after the renovation. These hinges normally don't rust that easily.

3) You can purchase from normal hardware shop but roland is right, bring a piece along as sample.