Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
novan

Aircon Piping Type

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My friend just got his aircon installed by gaincity 3 days ago. They used armaflex insulation for him. So I don't think its outdated. Maybe armaflex cost higher so ur contractor trying to help u save cost ?

Edited by Buzzy

Armaflex class 1 or class 0 still available in market, why too worried?

If they used cheap one then more concern about condensation in future as well too

I just opened up the aircon trunking to see what insulation they use in mine. Mine is armaflex insulation and it was installed 16 years ago and it still in good condition.

The salesman told me Aeroflex is better and no longer using Armaflex. That's why I'm asking if Aeroflex is better or not?

The salesman told me Aeroflex is better and no longer using Armaflex. That's why I'm asking if Aeroflex is better or not?

Maybe their company don't stock or use armaflex for installations so salesman may be trying to push for aeroflex. I tried asking my colleagues and they are all using armaflex insulation for their aircon piping. I have not come across anyone using aeroflex. Are you going to conceal the aircon piping ? If u are not concealing the piping maybe u can just try the aeroflex insulation. If it ever deteriorates (touch wood ) then its easier to change to armaflex in the future.

Edited by Buzzy