Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
EAJW

Is It Very Hot (due To Sun-burn) In Hdb's Top Floor?

No intention on my part to offend anybody. Just telling it the way I saw it. These days in Singapore, no other group has such a big brood. Just economic rationality-- everything so expensive, how to make ends meet?

Nothing wrong with having 6, 10, even 20 or 50 kids. I, too, would love to have them. But I would first make sure I can afford to feed and upkeep them. You have a GCB or a big semi-detach, 20 kids would not look out of place. But 6, 10 in a small HDB pigeonhole? Everybody suffers.

Frankly, you dont need 6,10 or even 20 kids to give **** to your neighbours.....I used to live on the 11th floor in a 20 storey flat. This is the schedule for the noise level that I had to tolerate for a good 3 years from my chinese neighbour above me. No. of occupants : 04 / Daddy, Mommy, Granny and a 4 year old kid.

7:30am - Kid prepares for school - Jumps off the bed repeatedly, run, hops around the house, throw things on the floor when not happy with granny

8:00am - Kid left for school, granny starts cooking...chopping, dropping of utensils, dragging of chairs

8:30am - I leave for work

7:00pm - I reach home to be greeted with Granny screaming at the top of her lungs, Boy jumping up and down, throwing tantrums, running around the house, jumping off beds etc etc

8:00pm - Boy sleeps (Peace and quiet for now)

10pm - Mommy comes home (play with kid)

12am - Everyone goes to sleep

2am - Daddy comes home from work drunk most of the time. Furniture dragging, things dropping on the floor, occasional shouting

4am - Daddy sleeps

7:30am - Kid prepares for school - Jumps off the bed repeatedly, run, hops around the house, throw things on the floor when not happy with granny

This goes on on a daily issue.....HDB cant do anything and same goes to the police. I've moved out of the place 2 years ago and now living in a corner top floor EM. Heat issues? Yeah when it's really hot. But when u get a neighbour from **** above your unit...U R DOOMED!!!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Frankly, the heat & rain water are no longer issues. After island-wide LUP completes , HDB may want to make $ by selling vegetables/flowers plunk from rooftop, or selling electricity back to energy house by installing PV panels on roof top. New issues surface...

Edited by bepgof

currentlt staying top 4th floor in my bro house. Is definetly hot. mine is old flat. so i dunno abt newer flat. If can pls avoid top floor. IS REALLY HOT!! :o

My two friends' top floor units at Toa Payoh and Sengkang are very windy and cool leh. Theirs are not facing West sun.

I used to stay in a 2nd floor room facing West sun, cham man. I felt I was in oven from afternoon till 7pm everyday.

Personally I feel that a unit's facing is more important than its floor level.

My two friends' top floor units at Toa Payoh and Sengkang are very windy and cool leh. Theirs are not facing West sun.

I used to stay in a 2nd floor room facing West sun, cham man. I felt I was in oven from afternoon till 7pm everyday.

Before marry, stayed with my late father 8th floor, west sun. Though of pouring bucket of water onto walls.....switched on 2 fans also cannot tahan...

Edited by bepgof

which is why hdb still sells the same price for the highest floor (L) and 2nd highest floor (L-2)

No leh. For my BTO, the highest floor and 2nd highest floor has price difference of $2K. I can remember cos the unit I booked is one of them hehe.

Edited by forgotten

Before marry, stayed with my late father 8th floor, west sun. Though of pouring bucket of water onto walls.....switched on 2 fans also cannot tahan...

Yeah lor. It could even affect our sleep. The walls still felt very hot though sun had set.

Edited by forgotten

Cannot agree more. I have stayed high floor and low floor before, it is the facing(and surrounding+your neighbours) that is more important. When your facing is right, even low floor can be very windy and quiet. Personally I will always go for unblock+avoid west sun instead of looking at floor level.

which is why hdb still sells the same price for the highest floor (L) and 2nd highest floor (L-2)

We will soon learn that top floor units sell like HOT cake, once those "roof garden", "skypark",.....are ready. Might no longer price difference of 2K.....

Edited by bepgof

I stayed top floor (14th/15th), NS facing, to me it is not hot at all probably because it is windy.

Today is hot and the topic is HOT too!

Edited by bepgof

Today of course very hot. There're so many bins of burning flames all over singapore today haha.

Edited by forgotten

11th Top floor at Yishun 24yrs old resale unit, facing afternoon Sun and sibeh windy.

These recent days hot sun made the room temperature at 29.6deg the hottest ever recorded. Other than that if rain during day time, night is cool lowest recorded is 25deg no aircon.

DSC_3005.jpg

I would very much prefer no pipes and noise from above and higher ceiling etc. Weather hot buy aircon lo still can deal with it a bit.