Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi all, manage to get some time off on a Saturday to post some updates. The gallery problem under the forum is giving me trouble, had been trying to upload the photos for the past hour.

Here to update on my new doors!!! Decided to change all the doors in the house, here are some pictures:

U3SCmhl.jpg

1Q2rsZR.jpg

1Q2rsZR.jpg

Also got a digital lock for the main door, the Samsung Pull and Push Lock system!! SO excited about the lock (although quite pricey), had been very convenient so far without carrying the keys around. Deal was recommended by ID too.

eB5b30M.jpg

lQG5Tfn.jpg

Continue to next post....

Edited by LeeSE

Next is to showcase our humble renovated common and master toilet which had been praised by outsiders that the toilet got the "hotel feel", hahaha..... The 2 toilet was the most expensive "rooms" for this renovation as mentioned in my above post, was shocked on the costs but ID patiently explain and breakdown the costs to me, the bulk actually went to the overlaying tiling of the walls and floor, in which overlaying them already saved me some big bucks comparing to hacking and re-tiling. Comparing to other quotations that I got, fifth avenue quote was fair enough for me to sign off.

In-Process:

IKMUXzz.jpg

uyV8qT3.jpg

Final Outlook: Master toilet

1gtQDgW.jpg

c21W6fj.jpg

Half wall mirror was advised by ID to give the "modern" feel, looks great!!!

r23tcvO.jpg

Continue to next post.....

Edited by LeeSE

Well, after much comparison with other ID, Me and my wife had finally decided to engage with Fifth Avenue Interior "Kelvin" as our ID, He is really very enthusiasm in our project and had been constantly keeping in touch with us, am hoping he could be like this till the end. LeeSE, able to show us the completed pictures?

Have been lurking around the forums for the past few months and engaged Fifth Avenue 2 months ago to do our reno. Just thought I'd share a bit of our experience for our 4 room HDB, which seems to be totally different from the other review here.

Before we signed on the dotted line and paid the deposit, ID was very responsive. My wife has many different ideas, ID everything also say can. But after the deposit was paid, the responsiveness dropped tremendously. At first I put it down to first home owner jitters, but eventually when the job started, the same issue remained - ID does not respond to text messages or only do so after a long time, calls go unanswered unless he wants to tell us something instead, and often late for our meetings, almost like avoiding us.

ID was also very forgetful, some of the items or designs for things like doors, toilet items, etc, my wife would have instructed early on, but the ID seems to have clean forgot and ask or chose the wrong items later on, leading to some delays. In fact, the ID forgot our start date and ended up pushing back things by a week. When asked if HDB inspection was necessary, at first say no need, then start work that time only say need, further delaying the project again. Still had the cheek to tell me it's only a few days.

The management of the timeline also is not very good, for days our house would be sitting empty with no works done despite the schedule the ID had drawn up. He would tell us that the contractors are coming down on a certain day, but when I go down to inspect, the contractors are not there and he would tell me they are coming another day. Things that previously he say can, now suddenly say cannot, but only tell us at the very last minute when things are about to be put up, such as the design for the cabinets or the position of the showers. All these could have been avoided if the ID had looked at it much earlier before the actual works started, especially when my wife kept questioning whether it really could be done, yet he still say can. Needless to say, this will delay things further as we have to look at alternatives, or be forced to accept something we don't want (which we suspect is the idea). Worse still, sometimes it'll be done wrongly without consulting us, then tell us too late, cannot be fixed.

The entire experience has been very harrowing for us. We are both super stressed and this even affected our sleep and our relationship. Not good for newly married couple. So I would advise anyone thinking of engaging Fifth Avenue to be careful and go in with your eyes wide open. The final outcome is still pending, as works are still underway, so I'll report back later on whether the ID managed to close the job properly in the end.

Feel sorry to hear that bro, so far i'm still having a very good rapport with my ID, He had been very responsive and attentive with our curiosity and even remind us with the thing we need to take note even when our keys is not collected yet... Though i had not start work but i'm very satisfied with his service now.

I believe it's all depend on the ID it's self, can't really just pin point on the company as I also have some friends who also engaged Fifth avenue interior as their choice, and their feedback towards their ID was really good. Therefore i make the courage to engage them as one of my choice...

Shall also keep here updated to share with everyone.

Been awhile since my last update, have been staying in my newly renovated home ever since, really shag out from the unpacking. Had few slight issues here and there, nothing major, had been contacting ID here and there to touch it up.

Here to update on my living room :)

Pictures to do the talking. Concept for living room was to be as minimal as possible as i do not wish to clutter up the space. Carpentry for the house was the few last things to be installed, so most of it was installed after we moved back in.

mSc810F.jpg

HBvR6DZ.jpg

Told ID we wanted a 'smoking corner' feel by the window so he proposed to tile up the corner and do a simple wall design with craft stone to give it a 'separated space' feel, which turns out to look really nice. The flooring by the window is tiled up whilst the rest of my floor was laminated.

A427jKa.jpg

f0i5QrD.jpg

sR3YlVY.jpg

Next is the altar. Was slightly smaller than our previous one as we followed the "lucky" length and width, haha. Chosen a more 'posh' laminate for it, ID suggested the 2 side to be glass as it will give it a more spacious look rather than boxing it up.

Qrxf6NJ.jpg

Previously had a slight issue with the drawer as the side board had scratched and it doesn't close up completely, nagged to ID about it so ID get the carpentry to fix it up :good:

y4GPjvZ.jpg

aSFThm9.jpg

Getting late, shall stop here. Will upload soon with the wardrobes and shoe cabinet :)

Have been lurking around the forums for the past few months and engaged Fifth Avenue 2 months ago to do our reno. Just thought I'd share a bit of our experience for our 4 room HDB, which seems to be totally different from the other review here.

Before we signed on the dotted line and paid the deposit, ID was very responsive. My wife has many different ideas, ID everything also say can. But after the deposit was paid, the responsiveness dropped tremendously. At first I put it down to first home owner jitters, but eventually when the job started, the same issue remained - ID does not respond to text messages or only do so after a long time, calls go unanswered unless he wants to tell us something instead, and often late for our meetings, almost like avoiding us.

ID was also very forgetful, some of the items or designs for things like doors, toilet items, etc, my wife would have instructed early on, but the ID seems to have clean forgot and ask or chose the wrong items later on, leading to some delays. In fact, the ID forgot our start date and ended up pushing back things by a week. When asked if HDB inspection was necessary, at first say no need, then start work that time only say need, further delaying the project again. Still had the cheek to tell me it's only a few days.

The management of the timeline also is not very good, for days our house would be sitting empty with no works done despite the schedule the ID had drawn up. He would tell us that the contractors are coming down on a certain day, but when I go down to inspect, the contractors are not there and he would tell me they are coming another day. Things that previously he say can, now suddenly say cannot, but only tell us at the very last minute when things are about to be put up, such as the design for the cabinets or the position of the showers. All these could have been avoided if the ID had looked at it much earlier before the actual works started, especially when my wife kept questioning whether it really could be done, yet he still say can. Needless to say, this will delay things further as we have to look at alternatives, or be forced to accept something we don't want (which we suspect is the idea). Worse still, sometimes it'll be done wrongly without consulting us, then tell us too late, cannot be fixed.

The entire experience has been very harrowing for us. We are both super stressed and this even affected our sleep and our relationship. Not good for newly married couple. So I would advise anyone thinking of engaging Fifth Avenue to be careful and go in with your eyes wide open. The final outcome is still pending, as works are still underway, so I'll report back later on whether the ID managed to close the job properly in the end.

Hi Samuel, sorry to hear about your incident with your ID. So far my process for the renovation was indeed tedious and draining, went through a lot of decision making and changes along the way. But ID was patient, cooperative and responsive. Do get some slow response sometimes, but definitely a response back. I guess different ID do have different working habits and style, but so far it was a pleasant experience I had with Fifth Interior. And hoping your project will close well in the end :)

Hi Samuel, sorry to hear about your incident with your ID. So far my process for the renovation was indeed tedious and draining, went through a lot of decision making and changes along the way. But ID was patient, cooperative and responsive. Do get some slow response sometimes, but definitely a response back. I guess different ID do have different working habits and style, but so far it was a pleasant experience I had with Fifth Interior. And hoping your project will close well in the end :)

Thanks, I hope so too. Have decided to start a new thread about my experiences, as I don't want to hijack yours with all your nice photos

Thanks, I hope so too. Have decided to start a new thread about my experiences, as I don't want to hijack yours with all your nice photos

No worries Samuel!! Sharing is caring. Very nice of you to share your experiences here. I do not deny that there are issues and problems along the process of the renovation, but I guess I learnt that somehow it's inevitable through the "stages of renovation", not any party's fault, just realize that it's in the "nature" of renovation, hah. Most importantly, if the ID is able to fix up the loose ends and get everything back on track to get the work done, that's all that matters to us. Ultimately, I suppose all us owners eventually just want the job to be completed at the end of the day, being able to move into our cozy little hut.