Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
JasperL

Living Room Feature Wall / Tv Console

Hi guys,

Seeking a second opinion about doing up a feature wall for my place.

Our first option was to do a 8 ft full height feature wall. I was determined to have it full height because I think that really makes the place looks bigger (same reason why we do built in wardrobes)

Then the second suggestion came, which is to do a full length and full height feature instead, which extends all the way to my dining. That would probably cost be 2.5 times the cost.

The last idea is to do a full length one, but suspended and also a little shorter at the top, and then cove lights on top and bottom. This is half the cost of the second option.

All 3 has their pros and cons. Just wanted to hear some opinion especially from those who already did theirs and have any regrets.

Thanks again guys!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Jasper,

To be honest all 3 options are workable. Probably take the following additional pointers before designing your TV console;

1. CONCEPT, your design has to fit with the overall concept of your residential unit, i.e.modern, warm, cool, raw or etc style. If not your TV console will look like a sore thumb unless you want it to stand out from your other parts of your house.

2. TERMINATION, all options you have in mind might not look good if your carpentry termination towards the ceiling, flooring and wall are not taken care off. Try to introduce shadow gaps or even introducing another material can give a better visual to your design.

3. SPACE, do not over design. Some home owners got carried away having oversize carpentry causing weird circulation space in the house. The distance between the TV to where you are sitting plays a role for a better viewing experience.

Hope the following pointers help you to decided on your decision making. =]

Azhar