Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
umangnaik29

Casetrust Accredited Renovation Firms To Recommend?

Just as many of you here I too am embarking on my renovation journey. Mine is a 4A room resale HDB flat in Jurong East. I learned that it would be better to engage a Casetrust accredited renovation firm. I would like to know the opinion of the experienced people here. I have a few questions

1) Are Casetrust accredited renovation firms really reliable?

2) Any Casetrust accredited renovation firms with ID (contact person) to recommend?

3) Apart from Casetrust accredited firms, any other renovation IDs to recommend?

Appreciate your responses.

Cheers

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi there,

At the end of the day, it is the individual interior designer/design consultant/contractor/whatever they call themselves these days that you engage with that matters. It is in the company's interest to gather certifications as it is a competitive industry. Come to think of it, the reason why Casetrust exist is because of bad egg companies who gave the industry a bad name. Every company, big or small, should be expected to have at least proper business practices and systems. While Casetrust accreditation means that the company follows through the guidelines set by Case, it does not however ensures you the best price and service attitude. As for workmanship, the company going for Casetrust accreditation would have to go through some worksite assessment. They would need to produce one times solid swee swee project (two projects for medium sized companies, and three for large ones) for the assessor. Even when failed assessment, the company can re-attempt up to 3 times. After certification... what about the rest of the projects? Can they promise consistent results?

I've engaged some IDs whose companies are Casetrust accredited and there were a few who kept repeating they are Casetrust certified until it's quite unbearable. It's like it's the only thing that matters! A few did explain the reasons they got accredited, and focused more on discussing design matters (imo, those truly deserve the accreditation!). And there were a few... well let's just say no big budget no talk. :deal: SO... are they really reliable? Well it's a bonus to have Casetrust, but a small bonus at that. What matters would be the price quoted, workmanship and service attitude, all of which are independent of whether the company is Casetrusted or not. For recommendations, there's quite a few around here that highly recommended, but to build "chemistry" with the person is another thing. :paint:

On 7/27/2015 at 4:34 PM, pDark said:

Hi there,

At the end of the day, it is the individual interior designer/design consultant/contractor/whatever they call themselves these days that you engage with that matters. It is in the company's interest to gather certifications as it is a competitive industry. Come to think of it, the reason why Casetrust exist is because of bad egg companies who gave the industry a bad name. Every company, big or small, should be expected to have at least proper business practices and systems. While Casetrust accreditation means that the company follows through the guidelines set by Case, it does not however ensures you the best price and service attitude. As for workmanship, the company going for Casetrust accreditation would have to go through some worksite assessment. They would need to produce one times solid swee swee project (two projects for medium sized companies, and three for large ones) for the assessor. Even when failed assessment, the company can re-attempt up to 3 times. After certification... what about the rest of the projects? Can they promise consistent results?

I've engaged some IDs whose companies are Casetrust accredited and there were a few who kept repeating they are Casetrust certified until it's quite unbearable. It's like it's the only thing that matters! A few did explain the reasons they got accredited, and focused more on discussing design matters (imo, those truly deserve the accreditation!). And there were a few... well let's just say no big budget no talk. :deal: SO... are they really reliable? Well it's a bonus to have Casetrust, but a small bonus at that. What matters would be the price quoted, workmanship and service attitude, all of which are independent of whether the company is Casetrusted or not. For recommendations, there's quite a few around here that highly recommended, but to build "chemistry" with the person is another thing. :paint:

Thanks for your insight! This is helpful, as there are hundreds of IDs out there, but it seems like only 40-50 of them are actually certified under 'CaseTrust for Renovation Businesses' or 'RMCA' -- and even fewer that are certified by both 😕 Really limits our options!