Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hc28

4Rm Resale Reno Journey!

Hi, hc28 your broken marble look retro clean and shinly as now nobody will do this kind of flooring again good to keep it,may i know how much you pay for polishing the broken marble and can share with me your contractor contact too :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, hc28 your broken marble look retro clean and shinly as now nobody will do this kind of flooring again good to keep it,may i know how much you pay for polishing the broken marble and can share with me your contractor contact too :)

Hi!

Pm'ed you!

Thanks for the compliment on the broken marble flooring. In this age where broken marble flooring is not "in" anymore, I had a tough time convincing my wife to keep it.

Luckily after polishing, it really shines and does not conflict with our chosen laminates.

Edited by hc28

Wahhhhh so much progress!! Congrats on almost finishing the journey!!

Wow,nice progress, my house also in the final sprint this week, everything will be done this week. Power.

Haha. thanks guys! I am really happy and finally breathe a huge sigh of relief when the carpentry works were completed. There was a stage in my reno that i really thought have to say goodbye to my reno already.

Haha. thanks guys! I am really happy and finally breathe a huge sigh of relief when the carpentry works were completed. There was a stage in my reno that i really thought have to say goodbye to my reno already.

Mine just completed carpentry leh... Pending rectifications. Haha.

But should finish by end of next week... Hopefully.

So happy for you. Everything looks great!

looking looking good, happy for you that everything now is almost complete.

I today just got chase by my ID to go buy all the item I shortlisted 8|

Mine just completed carpentry leh... Pending rectifications. Haha.

But should finish by end of next week... Hopefully.

So happy for you. Everything looks great!

whahah. i'm very excited for my reno to be completed (with all rectifications done).

We spotted some more defects that needs to be rectified by our contractor. But i think a 100% perfect reno is very difficult to come by.

looking looking good, happy for you that everything now is almost complete.

I today just got chase by my ID to go buy all the item I shortlisted 8|

Hehe. Thanks!

I am amazed that you can hold out until your ID chase you. I was actually very gan jiong to go shopping. very painful on my wallet but also very shiok cos buying things that will go into our house.

This afternoon I met my contractor for final gas pipe connection and to run through the rectified defects. I was pleasantly surprised by my contractor yet again.

IMG-20151027-WA0003.jpg

My blinds have been installed!

We were busy discussing other details and fixing up the TV bracket that I forgot to take photos of the other blinds before leaving.

I am quite impressed with my contractor. He asked me whats the height of my sofa, measure my tv. Made sure that we dont need to stress our neck just to watch TV. Didn't know there were so many considerations. I always just thought that the height to mount the TV is quite standard. Or maybe I'm just a mountain tortise. Hehe.

help/advice needed

My flat comes with the built in rubbish chute which is already the flat kind. So last weekend, there was a fogging conducted at our block and I had promptly sealed up the rubbish chute to what I thought is the max.

When I removed the garbage bag covering the chute today, there were 2 small cockroaches inside. Small = 1dollar coin. One already died, stuck to the tape. Another one was crawling in the bag, not dead but dying. I also noticed got 2 smaller babies, like ants size, outside of the bag but still in the cabinet also dead already.

My question to bros here is how do you seal ur chute until not a single roach can escape, including the babies.

Also flat kind means the new chute type if I'm not wrong. Will the cockroaches still be able to escape from these chutes if I change a new flat chute? (I'm referring the those normal flat hdb kind and not those magnetic super cool need expensive maintenance kind.) or its normal that there will still be escapees?

Thanks in advance!! I'm actually quite bugged by this cockroach issue.

whahah. i'm very excited for my reno to be completed (with all rectifications done).

We spotted some more defects that needs to be rectified by our contractor. But i think a 100% perfect reno is very difficult to come by.

Hehe. Thanks!

I am amazed that you can hold out until your ID chase you. I was actually very gan jiong to go shopping. very painful on my wallet but also very shiok cos buying things that will go into our house.

I super drag drag kind, my ID can't tahan me on this. But I manage to make some payment today for my basins, hob and a set of toilet accessories.

This afternoon I met my contractor for final gas pipe connection and to run through the rectified defects. I was pleasantly surprised by my contractor yet again.

IMG-20151027-WA0003.jpg

My blinds have been installed!

We were busy discussing other details and fixing up the TV bracket that I forgot to take photos of the other blinds before leaving.

I am quite impressed with my contractor. He asked me whats the height of my sofa, measure my tv. Made sure that we dont need to stress our neck just to watch TV. Didn't know there were so many considerations. I always just thought that the height to mount the TV is quite standard. Or maybe I'm just a mountain tortise. Hehe.

help/advice needed

My flat comes with the built in rubbish chute which is already the flat kind. So last weekend, there was a fogging conducted at our block and I had promptly sealed up the rubbish chute to what I thought is the max.

When I removed the garbage bag covering the chute today, there were 2 small cockroaches inside. Small = 1dollar coin. One already died, stuck to the tape. Another one was crawling in the bag, not dead but dying. I also noticed got 2 smaller babies, like ants size, outside of the bag but still in the cabinet also dead already.

My question to bros here is how do you seal ur chute until not a single roach can escape, including the babies.

Also flat kind means the new chute type if I'm not wrong. Will the cockroaches still be able to escape from these chutes if I change a new flat chute? (I'm referring the those normal flat hdb kind and not those magnetic super cool need expensive maintenance kind.) or its normal that there will still be escapees?

Thanks in advance!! I'm actually quite bugged by this cockroach issue.

For the rubbish chute, I will spay baygon inside the chute and the bin before I seal it with masking tape just directly cover all the opening.

Hope this tips help.

The baygon tips I learn my ex landlord, last time when fogging she only did that not even seal the rubbish chute and it works. as for me I KS so I do both.

For the rubbish chute, I will spay baygon inside the chute and the bin before I seal it with masking tape just directly cover all the opening.

Hope this tips help.

The baygon tips I learn my ex landlord, last time when fogging she only did that not even seal the rubbish chute and it works. as for me I KS so I do both.

I did both also leh. I wonder where I went wrong. But on normal days, the smell still come out. Isit normal?

Hehe. Thanks!

Yes this the best time purchase things and meantime $$$ will out not not in

Our renovation has been completed!

Over the weekend, we met up with our contractor to run through the rectification done for all the defects that we have highlighted. All works have been completed to our satisfaction and our contractor also told us if got anything that we discovered after we move in, we can just call him and he will definitely assist us.

5d07961a-5f00-4527-893a-0d857587c57b.jpg

TV console area with ceiling cove lights

794f5a2c-bd4b-4613-b67c-71b6413c1d62.jpg

TV console with cove light.

It seems that in the photos, the cove lights are very concentrated on one area and not spread out. is it camera issue or just technique?

Kitchen is next to our common 3. No kitchen door as we are not sure whether we really need it. If cooking, will the oil fumes flow to the living area? As we couldn't make up our mind, our contractor mentioned that kitchen glass door (with or without frame) is very easy to install and we can choose to add in if we find that we need it in future. Any kind advice from bros here?

b113ec0b-eb00-4df5-8e32-118bc114e229.jpg

Full height cabinet to house the DB and full height suspended cabinet with open shelf surround our main door.

Total have lots of space to keep shoes and storage. Our contractor provided us full adjustable tracks for the internal (train tracks), so we can adjust them according to our needs.

Our new door as compared to the previous one below. Our initial plan was to remove the grooves and patch up the door before painting. However, after painting, can still see the shape of the old design. Not sure if the worker no skill or the door condition poor. In end up, top up to change the main door.

4b624aae-e0b5-4249-8352-731d999931fc.jpg

Edited by hc28