Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hc28

4Rm Resale Reno Journey!

Kitchen

AiKsASA9ODuOfeiCYOB-lyRSIen7q5swGTj4P4kg

f54408f8-8d39-42eb-b8b4-10c6d8ad30fe.jpg

Not sure if I am going to regret using white laminates for the kitchen cabinets.

50e265ba-b89d-4db2-8eb2-1fa168bb9795.jpg

Track lights for kitchen. Maybe not bright enough but should be easy to add in another one more point.

da00d95c-ae54-45c1-b995-9cc59d7d5a8f.jpg

washing machine all the way at the end. No service yard like new HDBs. So have to carve one out.

6fb121c3-ea31-4ae5-8a69-399ac29c17c3.jpg

Black galaxy india granite for tabletop

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Common bathroom

293a0ef9-8bb7-4898-b166-bacf39daf8e6.jpg

We did not do much to change the common bathroom as space was a constraint. We were also told that we could not shift our WC position from our first ID but we subsequently learnt otherwise from @ahyong81 and my contractor. Very wasted as we would have loved to change the layout of this washroom.

Common BR3

52f928dd-81ed-459c-8c5a-c558efe6ec7f.jpg

L-box for this room was done in an L-shape which is same for our common BR2

Common BR2 (original MBR)

ca48d0df-4438-44ae-8396-1b056ff51bfe.jpg

This is the original MBR. The previous owner had shifted the MBR and we chose to retain the design. Not much of view anyway.

886c1d0d-ea3e-45cc-a025-5953344212e0.jpg

L-box and carpentry. These are the only lights in the room.

b3ec9c07-926d-4675-ac3a-23c5153c083c.jpg

Do you find this hob easy to use ? I am unable to get the flame stay lit??

due to our kitchen layout, our kitchen sink was limited to 31.5inches.

When we first started with our renovations, we had wanted to get an undermount granite sink with 50:50 double bowls. after reading this thread, we starting looking at kraus sinks on amazon. but kraus granite sinks although reasonably priced (qualifies for amazon free international shipping to SG), exceeded our maximum length of 31.5inches. with no other choice, we started looking locally. We visited hoe kee to look at the blanco sinks. We only found one that could fit into our kitchen and came with a 50:50 double bowl. However, the problem was with a 50:50 double bowl, the regular sized pots and pans couldn't fit into the bowl. we agreed that this would pose serious challenges when it came to washing and decided to forgo the 50:50 bowl.

We then visited bathroom warehouse with the intention to look at craysil granite sink. there is only one model that will fit into our kitchen, comes with a double bowl, but in an odd shape that i do not really like. luckily for me, once we reached the kitchen sections, my wife chanced upon this tempered glass monic sink and immediate said, "i like this. can it fit?"

sinky-14-300x300.jpg

although it does not meet any of our criteria of what we wanted for a kitchen sink. suddenly, double bowl or single bowl doesn't matter anymore. granite or stainless steel also ok. its overmount, deep enough and can fit the regular pots and pans. immediately told the salesperson to get me one new piece. one less item to look at.

just a sidenote to fellow renotalkers. I read that blanco sinks have some hazing issue after usage that can be difficult to clean off. perhaps this can be part of your consideration.

apart from our kitchen sink, we have also settled on our hob and hood.

Bosch 2 burner gas hob with black tempered glass

main_PBD7231SG.jpg

the reason why we chose bosch is because after you remove that circle gas burner, the silver metal piece is flush and makes for easier cleaning. the hole is also in the centre which makes it less likely for food or overflowing water to drip into the cabinet below. I have noted that many gas hobs have their tempered glass mounted on top of the metal piece which will make cleaning slightly more difficult as they will get trapped at the sides where the tempered glass and the metal piece joins.

Techno hood

tecnogas20hood.jpg?t=1444727101

we picked this tecnogas hood mainly because of its design and with the LED touch controls. .which seems quite cool. i'm not sure how good it is but its definitely not comparable to fujioh which everyone is raving about. the reason why we didnt get fujioh was because it was big and bulky and we are not expecting to do any heavy cooking. i am also not sure how to measure the effectiveness of a hood to decide which works best. maybe its because i'm not interested. :notti:

On 11/4/2015 at 10:02 AM, hc28 said:

Kitchen

AiKsASA9ODuOfeiCYOB-lyRSIen7q5swGTj4P4kg

f54408f8-8d39-42eb-b8b4-10c6d8ad30fe.jpg

Not sure if I am going to regret using white laminates for the kitchen cabinets.

50e265ba-b89d-4db2-8eb2-1fa168bb9795.jpg

Track lights for kitchen. Maybe not bright enough but should be easy to add in another one more point.

da00d95c-ae54-45c1-b995-9cc59d7d5a8f.jpg

washing machine all the way at the end. No service yard like new HDBs. So have to carve one out.

6fb121c3-ea31-4ae5-8a69-399ac29c17c3.jpg

Black galaxy india granite for tabletop

Hi is the white cabinets in matte or glossy finish? How has maintenance been so far?