Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ZzzMonster

Second Home First Reno

Master bedroom

image.jpg3_20.jpg

image.jpg4_15.jpg

The bed storage... The height is good but depth not good enough but no choice, think ID said that the bed frame need a back bone to support so the drawer can't be too deep...

image.jpg6_5.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wow, your house designs look really nice. enjoyed reading those posts and looking at the pictures keep on posting :good: i guess the best part about renovation is getting all the furniture like sofa etc or televisions. haha.

Wow, your house designs look really nice. enjoyed reading those posts and looking at the pictures keep on posting :good: i guess the best part about renovation is getting all the furniture like sofa etc or televisions. haha.

Thanks lorennzo!

Yes, best part is to put the furniture with the carpentry to see how it looks. Talking about furniture, they will all come in tomorrow 😀

Edited by ZzzMonster

I seems to miss out sharing of the TV I purchase... In my research, I narrowed my choice of TV to 3 brands: Samsung, LG and Panasonic. So after looking at the various models, I decided to get the one that gives me the best value and it happens to be the cheapest amongst these 3 brands...

image.jpg1_20.jpg

The model I bought is Panasonic TH-55AX670S for the living and TH-48AX670S for the TV room. This is an slightly older Panasonic model compared to what they have today, so the price is much lower.... But surprisingly, the specs imo is better than the new ones. This one got 3D SMART and 1200Hz. The new ones some have 3D but no SMART, some have SMART but 3D...

Today I installed my store room rack... I happen to see this galvanized finish rack and like it. But after installation, I got mixed feeling if I like it??? It looks ok, but I think not as sturdy as those using plywood... The weight it can take per shelf is 150kg. But then again, I may not have so much heavy things to put on the rack.

image.jpg1_21.jpg

image.jpg3_4.jpg

Today is a busy day, I've got a few furniture deliveries, air con servicing, TV delivery and digital lock installation... Here's how it looks like with the furniture...

image.jpg1_22.jpg

image.jpg1_23.jpg

image.jpg1_24.jpg

• Like 1

When I took delivery of my dining table, intuitively, I find that the dimension is not right. But I don't have my measuring tape with me. So I asked the delivery staff what's the dimension. I guess he doesn't have measuring tape with him, he just look at the invoice and read to me the dimension which was written when I bought it. The dimension of the table is supposed to be 1.6m x 0.8m.

Today, I brought the measuring tape up to measure the table and my fear is confirmed. The dimension is wrong. It's 1.5m x 0.9m. You may wonder what's the difference.... It actually makes a lot of difference, because the table looks too short as there are more space for the length of the table. Whereas, I purposely customized a 0.8m table because of space constrain. That's why the place looks tight and the dining light is not in the center of the table....

I called the staff who sold me the table today, she said she'll check for me tomorrow and will let me know. Hope she will get it fixed for me... Sigh...

Edited by ZzzMonster

Nice dining set! What wood is that? Could you share How much and wre did u purchase from?

Thanks! I'll pm u the rest of the details except the shop until they get my orders right.

Taobao Purchases...

How can I not buy from taobao.... But my Chinese is very bad.... Fortunately, my colleague is very proficient with taobao. She bought almost everything there. So I asked her to help me search for rugs. She immediately told me she bought some rugs from taobao before and showed me the various options.... The price is so cheap. When I walk into any shop that sell rugs here, it will cost from $700+ to $2000. A couple of online rugs store in Singapore sell their rugs from $200+ to $500. In taobao, I bought 4 different type of rugs and of different sizes, the total cost including shipping is only about $200. This saves me at least $1k.

Here's some pics of the rugs I bought...

For living room and a smaller one for the master bedroom

image.jpg1_25.jpg

For the TV room so that the rocking chair can sit on it

image.jpg3_5.jpg

For the study room for the study chair to sit on it

image.jpg2_12.jpg