Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ZzzMonster

Second Home First Reno

Thank you for all the reviews. That makes my choice easier. I need 2 fans, so Haiku is a must for living room, also heard the wind spam 2 meter away from wing tip so I am sure it be windy enough for me since I am only 2 room BTO and I can only use the 52" instead of 60", wish I could use the 60" since same price but will be very near the wall structure, think must give allowance for air to circulate. For bedroom I can use a Spin or Haiku, all other DC fan seems no competition to these 2 at all. So either I buy a $1500 haiku and a $900 spin or just get 2 x $1500. Only worries I read about haiku is people who used after 2 years start getting abnormal clicking noise, if my $1500 haiku don't last me many years more then the spin then really not worth the investment, but then again, the haiku looks **** bloody awesome that you got to get it for the looks. Not gonna get the led light or sense me option for haiku too so to make it bare bone so less thing will spoil. add too many feature more chance of break down and waste money asking them to come service. You think it is too much to ask for 5 yrs of usage without problem for the haiku or you are happy even with 2-3 yrs and it become noisy and beyond repair. Was thinking to buy 2 haiku so I can swap the parts out if one failed and keep it as spare part for the other one still alive and kicking. Zzz if your spin break down and you need a new one, you will get haiku or spin for your bedroom?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thank you for all the reviews. That makes my choice easier. I need 2 fans, so Haiku is a must for living room, also heard the wind spam 2 meter away from wing tip so I am sure it be windy enough for me since I am only 2 room BTO and I can only use the 52" instead of 60", wish I could use the 60" since same price but will be very near the wall structure, think must give allowance for air to circulate. For bedroom I can use a Spin or Haiku, all other DC fan seems no competition to these 2 at all. So either I buy a $1500 haiku and a $900 spin or just get 2 x $1500. Only worries I read about haiku is people who used after 2 years start getting abnormal clicking noise, if my $1500 haiku don't last me many years more then the spin then really not worth the investment, but then again, the haiku looks **** bloody awesome that you got to get it for the looks. Not gonna get the led light or sense me option for haiku too so to make it bare bone so less thing will spoil. add too many feature more chance of break down and waste money asking them to come service. You think it is too much to ask for 5 yrs of usage without problem for the haiku or you are happy even with 2-3 yrs and it become noisy and beyond repair. Was thinking to buy 2 haiku so I can swap the parts out if one failed and keep it as spare part for the other one still alive and kicking. Zzz if your spin break down and you need a new one, you will get haiku or spin for your bedroom?

Good question... If my spin break down, I'll replace it with haiku.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my fan will last at least 5 years. I think it's a reasonable time frame to ask for a fan. If it can't even last for 5 years, then it's not worth paying so much for it.

Yayyy!!!!!

If you followed by post, the dimension of my dining table that was delivered to me was wrong... It was 1.5m x 0.9m. Because my place is small, living and dining combine, I need a thinner table, so I ordered a 1.6m x 0.8m table. This lady who sold me the table told me she will remedy it. In fact, they ordered another table and its shipped in and delivered to me today 👍🏻

I'm very happy that they delivered their promise.

Here's some pics of the table...

image.jpg1_26.jpg

image.jpg2_13.jpg

This is the table with the wrong dimension. Not sure if you can see from the pic, it is fatter... 10cm may not be much, but trust me, in a tight area, it means a lot of difference... It looks sleek too 😆

image.jpg1_23.jpg

Are the chairs make of leather or PU?

Hello!

I have a feeling we both have the same ID. Designer S. :) You are right she is really very responsive and responsible. Accommodating too. best of all. Always on time when we meet. NEVER ever late.

Review of ID and sharing of reno experience

I must say that I'm blessed to have the correct ID handle our reno... From the shortlisting process, she is one of the IDs who stood out amongst others. The reason why I chose her is because she can visually show me the end result. Although it's not 100%, it is close to 80-90% similar (just from her sketches, no 3D at that point).

ID is patient person, we change our choice of laminates a few times (of course before carpentry fabrication). We spent quite a lot of time choosing laminates. At the end of each session, wifey and me were shack and drained. I guess ID would be worst, but she still got a lot of energy in her...

During the reno process, there are some things not right. I'm quite good at spoting things that are not right..... ID got these fixed, I guessed some of these are at additional cost to her, but she willingly do that without pushing back. For this I am grateful to her. In my earlier post, I shared that I did a minor reno to my previous house bathroom, the ID I engaged always push back and told me to top up when things need to be remedied. So now u know why I like my ID.... Even after handover, she still respond promptly when I need to fix some things, which is of no fault of hers.

In this reno, I managed everything very closely (closely may not be the right word, but can't think of a better word). I went to the site almost everyday. This is so I know the progress and also most importantly, if there is any problem, I can flag it up to ID immediately. I believe that it is easier to remedy any issue immediately rather than when everything is built up... And my ID is very prompt in replying my whatsapp when I flag up these issues to her. She responds almost immediately or within 2 hrs if she was in a meeting. I think some other IDs, especially those with high ego, may be put off by how I managed the reno process. That's why I find my reno process very pleasant.

I didn't do much wet works, so I won't comment on that. Her carpentry, false ceiling and painting contractors are good. I'll rate them about 8-9/10. The electrician contact she recommended is good as well about9/10, but pricey...

Actually, I recommended my ID to my parents who were also looking for ID to renovate their new place.... I must say that during the reno process, my parents are much more difficult than me. So it prompted me to ask her is my parents her most difficult clients. She told me no, she had clients who made a lot of changes through out the reno. And she understands, because the homeowners have spent so much in a new home, they could have just spend a minimum amount to furnish it and live in it. But if they choose to spend more money to renovate it, they have to like their reno. So she will do her best to fulfill their needs. I must say I'm impressed with her answer.

Hello!

I have a feeling we both have the same ID. Designer S. :) You are right she is really very responsive and responsible. Accommodating too. best of all. Always on time when we meet. NEVER ever late.

Haha. Congrats! Is your reno completed?

Errrr.... she is late a few times but she will inform me but I would be at the meeting point by then. Well, I can accept it as she did a good job for my reno.

Edited by ZzzMonster