Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Good luck to your renovation! can't wait to see how it will turns out.

Are you looking at Tv or any sound systems? cause im actually seeking for recommendations! :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Good luck to your renovation! can't wait to see how it will turns out.

Are you looking at Tv or any sound systems? cause im actually seeking for recommendations! :)

Hi Lorennzo,

No TV, sorry! But I'm sure many renotalkers will be able to help you! :)

Our first blooper </3

20150914_180812.jpg

The aircon person didn't leave enough space for our false ceiling! Our false ceiling person says he has to leave the section around the aircon un-false ceilinged, otherwise the aircon cannot be serviced in future. Means the ceiling will have a hole/gap around the aircon... :~

We're going to ask Prosterroster K if he can insert a moveable false ceiling panel above the aircon. :idea:

Our first blooper </3

20150914_180812.jpg

The aircon person didn't leave enough space for our false ceiling! Our false ceiling person says he has to leave the section around the aircon un-false ceilinged, otherwise the aircon cannot be serviced in future. Means the ceiling will have a hole/gap around the aircon... :~

We're going to ask Prosterroster K if he can insert a moveable false ceiling panel above the aircon. :idea:

I think most false ceilings got cut one hole for the false ceiling one leh!

Don't worry la still will be pretty :good:

I am looking to do some upgrading works to my kitchen and bedrooms - do you mind to share your contractor's contact so that i can check if he is willing to take up my small project.. TIA!

All PMs replied! :) Today is mini update day.

1) Aircon Lobang (hole)

20150917_164211.jpg?w=720&h=407

Turns out bykaraanne was right; many false ceilings have accomodation for aircondition units! We saw many in the Nippon catalogue, haha. I've never seen one in real life though, so our home was the first time! And okay lah, I can live with it.

2) Carpentry

20150915_155404.jpg

We met our carpenter yesterday, and that makes a major part of the reno permanent - our designs! Actually today still got make one or two changes, but we're 99% committed. Here's a photo of our ownself-designed bookshelf! :) how will it look in real life?? Will it fail miserably? Will it delight spectacularly? That's part of the joy and trepidation of a self-designed home, I guess - creative freedom comes with risk!

We'll find out in about two weeks :)

3) We went to Taylor B, Ikea and Courts today! Will post pictures and comments soon. Watch this space!

:sport-smiley-018: ,

Bookworm

Hehe so exciting. And your service yard tiles... waliew. Really feature piece!!

:good::good:

Your kitchen is going to be legendary!!

Thanks babe!! Hehe, I guess that's what's meant by house pride; someone gives a complimentary sentence and it's like the sun shines happier or something haha! :dancingqueen:

I've been pretty stressed over paint colours though! We're confirming the colours within the next couple of hours and I'm tearing my hair out over which brown for the bedroom wall ARGHHH.

:angry2::curse::dunno::bleah::furious::fire::ph34r:

HI Peachydurians! Lovely service yard wall you've got there! I never thought it could be used there before! One of the IDs I chatted with actually said I should use those tiles for the backsplash! Love reading your updates! Can't wait for more. I so get what you mean about the wall colours. I chose 2 shades of grey for each room then the fiance actually picks one. That way I don't have to tear my hair out! *winks*

Edited by sapphire89

Thanks babe!! Hehe, I guess that's what's meant by house pride; someone gives a complimentary sentence and it's like the sun shines happier or something haha! :dancingqueen:

I've been pretty stressed over paint colours though! We're confirming the colours within the next couple of hours and I'm tearing my hair out over which brown for the bedroom wall ARGHHH.

:angry2::curse::dunno::bleah::furious::fire::ph34r:

Haha I feel ya babe!! Mine's agonizing over shades of grey. Lucky I'm not at that step yet, but soon!!

:sport-smiley-003::sport-smiley-003: you can do it!

Wow, your service yard tiles looks cool. great effect, waiting to see the completed project. It so nice to see many ideas and design from fellow forum members. Also great ideas to share and 偷师。 :)

Can't wait to see how your bookshelf turns out! I'm planning to do a full length / height one along my living room wall... But so much agonising.... Its always the uncovered ones that look the best and have the little bookshop on the corner charm, but the prospect of dusting has well, literally turned that plan to dust. Hoping to steal some inspiration from your delightful (yes I believe it will be a spectacular delight) bookshelf!

Hello! You've got such a chirpy style of writing, great to read. :)

I'm just starting out on my new home journey (just got my valuation report!) and am looking for contractors (don't need an ID). Would you be able to share your cobtractor's as well as J&E's contact with me please? Thank you!