Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aidygirl

Botannia Resale Condo- Minimal Reno

Really???? But from what I heard, their rates are different...

Btw, congrats on your new home!

Vincent confirmed again today they are partners, their price range is about the same. Sometimes they throw in free pillows or give slight discount. Mr Chew's son is now helping to run the business.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Vincent confirmed again today they are partners, their price range is about the same. Sometimes they throw in free pillows or give slight discount. Mr Chew's son is now helping to run the business.

Thanks for confirming. Vincent seems to be very busy... Like that maybe I call Mr Chew...

Hi aidygirl, i am also thinking of doing some upgrading works to my current apartment. May i know if Mr Heng, the main contractor, is also the ID? I am wondering if i should engage an ID to oversee the design and carpentry works or more worthwhile to engage separately since its not going to be a major upgrading works.

Hi aidygirl,

I'm interested to know the contact of Vincent's partner, Mr Chew. Cld you pls PM me if you have? Thanks in advance for your time.

Hi Grizzlybear

Mr Chew's contact is nine653 xxx

Hi aidygirl, i am also thinking of doing some upgrading works to my current apartment. May i know if Mr Heng, the main contractor, is also the ID? I am wondering if i should engage an ID to oversee the design and carpentry works or more worthwhile to engage separately since its not going to be a major upgrading works.

Hi jcy

Heng can do id, you can request him to quote carpentry for price comparison.

I've used Uncle Cheong previously and I'm very comfortable and confident of his workmanship. Hope this helps.

Storeroom Shelf: Yee Sin

I called Yee Sin, giving them the measurements I took (floor to floor). They were able to install the shelf the next day. :good:

I chose grey colour slotted angles with white PVC plywood (top up $20). The standard shelf height is 1.8m, 4 layers, I top up $10 for higher rack (2m). Total cost: $270

2 Uncles came to install the shelf and they were really fast. Best investment. :thumbs up:

2j2ernm.jpg

Edited by aidygirl

Movers: Gethsemane Care Ministry

Thanks again to the recommendations in this forum, we have engaged Gethsemane Care Ministry for the house moving job. Initially Gary projected we will only require half load, price is $180. As my current room is on 3rd floor, they charge extra $60 ($20/level) for no lift access. For half load, they do not give complimentary boxes. Price/ box is $2. I have also contacted:

1) Shalom Movers @ $505. Shalom is the most professional as they have insurance form, give you the assurance that you will be compensated if there are any damages to your items.

2) Soon Seng is the most expensive @$550 nett (no GST)

We only used up 13 carton boxes. Final price is $323 as we end up with 3/4 load and there is misc cost of long passageway to our condo unit from the unloading area.

There were 4movers on that day and 2 of them have big biceps :notti: . They arrived on time, cling-wrapped our items and even helped us unwrapped and dispose the clingwrap in our new house. The entire move took about 1hour as my new place is about 5mins drive.

We gave each of them an ang pow and 2 packet drinks each at the end of the job. Will recommend them as it is for a good cause and their charges is quite cheap and they handle our items with care.

I will not be checking this forum very often. I will post my final costing fy reference:

Renovation: $9000

Carpentry: $6050

Aircon: $6800

Curtains: $1100

Storeroom Shelf: $270

Movers: $323

Will try to post some photos of our furniture and Taobao purchases. Thanks for reading my blog!