Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
andotang

2 Room Bto Themeless With Philips Hue Lighting

The mechanism of almost all locks can be changed. You can take a picture of your current lock, bring down the photos and key to any reputable locksmith. They can tell you what to do.

Thank you Ks Toh! In the end my ID changed it for me..hehe..

andotang, thank u so much!

Btw your reno took u 3 months?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thank you Ks Toh! In the end my ID changed it for me..hehe..

andotang, thank u so much!

Btw your reno took u 3 months?

My renovation took about 2 months, I no rush to move in. Flat is idle for 3 weeks before I moved in as my mum want to choose a auspicious date. My renovation is not a rushed project, I gave them plenty of time to do things swee swee as sometime rushed work comes with poor workmanship. Happy with my progress.

On 24/01/2016 at 10:31 AM, yewtee99 said:

Hi andotang,

Can give more info on how to change the metal gate cylinder? If it is not too complicated I would like to change it myself.

You have provided very detail procedure in you previous post :thumbs up:

Thanks thanks

Sorry for the late reply as I took some time to take a new picture as I feel picture speaks a thousand words.

Metal gate cylinder is slightly more tricky then main door as the locking piston is always protruding out.

You need a philips head screw driver and your metal gate key.

First you unscrew just 1 screw as pointed by the yellow arrow in the pic.

XLock7.jpg

Now this pic show the cylinder for metal gate and main door, you see the locking piston is protruding out by
default whereas main door is seamlessly blend in. So you need to use your metal gate key to turn the locking
piston and wiggle the cylinder out, just apply little force to pull the cylinder out while turning your gate key will
do.

XLock8.jpg

You can take out this cylinder then lock your door with your normal padlock then use this sample to go buy

your cylinder from Homefix or duro headoffice.

Edited by andotang
replace all missing pic, somehow the blog mess up all my posted pic

• Like 1

Bought some fake green vines to decor my kitchen to add in some green.

Xtra1.jpg

Added some green to my pendant light for dining table. Can also see my curtain track for room partition in false ceiling if necessary then just hang up the curtain for privacy.

Xtra2.jpg

I finally managed to put the mattress aside to see how much space I can free up in the bedroom. This is the normal everyday mode.

Xtra3.jpg

This is after I push all my mattress to one side of the wall freeing up the room space. For a small house like mine which only got 1 bedroom, every inch count so this design allow me to free up space for event like makan or mahjong session in the bedroom. Or even yoga session.

Xtra4.jpg

I had my bedhead slanted so leaning on it while sitting on the platform is pretty comfortable.

Xtra5.jpg

My initial idea was to put the whole bed on one side so I could put a small working table the otherside of the wall for tv or a computer. But then after mattress is in I realized I need walking space to tidy my bedsheet, thus scraping the idea to have any other furniture in my bedroom except a kings bed which is 2x90 single mattress. The amazing experience so far is I really cannot feel anything when my wife woke up cos no movement to my mattress at all as they are 2 individual piece. She can toss and turn on her bed and I don't feel disturbed.

Oh another amazing feeling is my aircon, my old house the aircon is blowing from my right hand to left hand, whereby my wife sleep directly under the aircon fancoil, she don't get the cold wind much at all. Our new house the aircon blow from our feet to head, can feel very evenly spread out cold wind. So that's another good things which I totally never expected. From now on my aircon must blow from feet to head.

On a different note, my Starmax outdoor unit is dripping water to the aircon ledge whenever i turn on my 18k btu fancoil, but doesn't drip when i turn on the 9k btu fancoil. Is the outdoor unit suppose to drip water? Anyone can share whether your starmax outdoor unit drip water to ledge? I am using 28k btu outdoor unit with system 2. Thank you.

Edited by andotang
replace all missing pic, somehow the blog mess up all my posted pic

hi , how much is the cost for the pillar ? tks

You should be referring to the 2 carpentry ceiling pillars in my living room used to house the Hue bulb. I paid $600 for both.

Before and After - Part 1

Done up some before and after pic to add to my blog. Working on a video and will learn to post when done.

YBef4After1.jpgYBef4After2.jpgYBef4After3.jpgYBef4After4.jpgYBef4After5.jpg

End of Part 1

This new interface.... cannot preview my post before actual posting....and pictures seems bigger then the last time I posted.... and must log in everytime, last time will remember password.

Edited by andotang

Hi!

Can i know for the toilet position of the shower piping, from the hdb showroom visited, i always thought it was positioned at the middle. Do you know if all the water piping is original like your bto for all the 45sqm 2room?

11 hours ago, rainbow1979 said:

Hi!

Can i know for the toilet position of the shower piping, from the hdb showroom visited, i always thought it was positioned at the middle. Do you know if all the water piping is original like your bto for all the 45sqm 2room?

From what I observed if you have your wash basin and WC on the same wall, you will end up having the shower head in the middle of the opposite wall. However if I end up with a middle wall shower pipe, I will just do a wall ledge for shampoo and reposition the shower head pipe by hiding the pipe in the wall ledge to achieve a wet and dry toilet. I was lucky to get this layout but I got the layout with the plastic drain cover instead of step down slope at toilet entrance. My neighbours told me so many hair stuck on the plastic cover they eventually removed all cover and left with a exposed drainage.

15 hours ago, rainbow1979 said:

Hi!

Mine is not at the middle.

4 hours ago, andotang said:

From what I observed if you have your wash basin and WC on the same wall, you will end up having the shower head in the middle of the opposite wall. However if I end up with a middle wall shower pipe, I will just do a wall ledge for shampoo and reposition the shower head pipe by hiding the pipe in the wall ledge to achieve a wet and dry toilet. I was lucky to get this layout but I got the layout with the plastic drain cover instead of step down slope at toilet entrance. My neighbours told me so many hair stuck on the plastic cover they eventually removed all cover and left with a exposed drainage.

My basin and WC on the same wall, shower and window on the same side.  basin facing shower and WC facing window... -_-

Hi mmoh, how is your reno progress? confirmed your ID yet and will you be doing your own t-blog? You will be doing wet and dry bathroom? I am curious how much your total reno cost including furniture and electronic.

8 minutes ago, andotang said:

Hi mmoh, how is your reno progress? confirmed your ID yet and will you be doing your own t-blog? You will be doing wet and dry bathroom? I am curious how much your total reno cost including furniture and electronic.

Hi Andrew, I havent start reno. :D ID confirmed at about 16k cos more carpentry works.  got inspiration from your bathroom, I will do a slanted shower screen so I get my wet and dry bathroom. After VO should be more... lol

As I wont be moving in immediately, I wont have many electronic items to buy for now.  Furniture wise, I just need to get a bed and dining table to complete.