Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
andotang

2 Room Bto Themeless With Philips Hue Lighting

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 14/07/2016 at 10:08 PM, Calamine said:

hi andotang,

nice greenery!

curious to know where you got your hue lights and how much are the prices.

Thanks!

Thank you. PMed to you.

This is the best ironing position I can find in my small house.

YIroning4.jpg

Got fan blowing me and aircon right above me. And lucky I put 2 socket into the carpentry. Now use for fan and iron.

YIroning5.jpg

I am so lucky the base of ironing board I bought fit perfectly into the groove of my platform bed, which make it more stable while ironing.

YIroning6.jpg

One bed setup to free up space. Might put a computer into bedroom. Cos I need to setup my sound system in the room as living room will be too loud will disturb neighbours.

YIroning7.jpg

• Like 1

Curtain Partition

Finally I bought my curtain for my living room to enclose the area for privacy and isolate the aircon. The area in red is my partition and blue is the aircon. The curtain track was already installed during my renovation. Specifically told them to add structure inside the L box at that area to mount the track.

YIroning8.jpg

Bought the curtain at $110.

YIroning9.jpg

Curtain opened. So lucky ready made curtain is just the correct height and length.

YIroning10.jpg

Curtain closed. This allow more privacy to get change in the house without closing the window's blind. As my wardrobe is just behind the curtain, this partition helps a lot for privacy. In a small house like this, you usually get changed in the living room instead of bedroom.

YIroning11.jpg

This allow aircon to go into my bedroom or the aircon from bedroom to living room. So i can save some electricity without turning on both. As my living room is 18000btu so I prefer to turn on the 9000btu in bedroom if possible.

YIroning12.jpg

Added even more ferns for green. Gonna customize a new rattan chair in white to fit into my theme.

YIroning13.jpg

I setup a computer in the bedroom too just to watch movies in DTS for my sound system. It's a messy setup but it get the job done. Once speaker spoil will not buy again as 2 room BTO sound proofing is really bad, you cannot really turn on loud to enjoy. Already hide this inside my bedroom behind all those doors and still leaked sound to the neighbours if too loud. If play in my living room will be even worst. So new 2 roomer don't bother getting any soundbar or good speakers, you can't really enjoy them without disturbing neighbours.

YIroning14.jpg

Messy setup due to wiring of surround speaker around the room.

YIroning15.jpg

After staying for 10 months now, I find I need a fan in the toilet, else the air inside very stale while I am in there. Was looking at this 22 inch ceiling fan by alpha fan which will fit on the the center spot of the toilet ceiling and fit within those box up.

YIroning16.jpg

But I have to remove my existing light from that spot, alternative is to buy a KDK orbital fan M40RS. Would have gotten this alpha fan if I would have know of this product earlier. It should help dry the toilet faster too.

After staying for 10 months, I realised the dust/dirt when keeping the windows opened is too much for me to handle. you need to clean/mop a lot, and everything in the house get dusty. Thus now I seldom open my windows. Another note is noise from the KJE, it is really loud if you are facing that road even at high floor. By keeping the windows closed, you can block out all the noise. Critical during night time when sleeping so that you don't get to hear any motor noise from the road. I cannot even hear the rain even if it is thunder storm outside my window. Cannot sleep at all if keep windows open, you will be counting the numbers of vehicle passing your block.

• Like 1

Hi andotang,

Nice home and thanks for sharing. Could you please PM me where you bought and how much for the E27 downlights holder and hue lights? Intending to install hue for our entire HDB also.

Btw any issues for the hue bulbs so far?

Thanks.

On 21/09/2016 at 4:01 PM, msShin said:

Hi andotang,

Nice home and thanks for sharing. Could you please PM me where you bought and how much for the E27 downlights holder and hue lights? Intending to install hue for our entire HDB also.

Btw any issues for the hue bulbs so far?

Thanks.

PMed. Remember to plan using a Hue Tap, cos each time you turn on the light, the default is warm white. Using a Tap you press and switch to the preset you want. Or else you have to use a handphone apps, more steps. Each Tap can set 4 preset. I make them cool white 20%, cool white 50%, cool white 100% and OFF. and i use blue, dim yellow, magenta and slow single random colour change on my other tap. Had my bulb for 10 months and no light issue at all so far. However Hue 2.0 is out already so you should buy the newer version. The best app for hue is Onswitch.

On 22/09/2016 at 6:24 PM, andotang said:

PMed. Remember to plan using a Hue Tap, cos each time you turn on the light, the default is warm white. Using a Tap you press and switch to the preset you want. Or else you have to use a handphone apps, more steps. Each Tap can set 4 preset. I make them cool white 20%, cool white 50%, cool white 100% and OFF. and i use blue, dim yellow, magenta and slow single random colour change on my other tap. Had my bulb for 10 months and no light issue at all so far. However Hue 2.0 is out already so you should buy the newer version. The best app for hue is Onswitch.

Hi andotang,

Great stuff and thanks for sharing. Could you please PM me where you bought and who to look for for the E27 downlights holder (I remember seeing it's $10)? Intending to install hue for our entire HDB also.

Btw, happy with the hue bulbs so far?

Thanks mate

cheers

On 14/11/2016 at 11:20 PM, Clover1982 said:

Hi andotang,

Great stuff and thanks for sharing. Could you please PM me where you bought and who to look for for the E27 downlights holder (I remember seeing it's $10)? Intending to install hue for our entire HDB also.

Btw, happy with the hue bulbs so far?

Thanks mate

cheers

PMed. Yes less then $10 each. Very happy with my hue, hardly use the colour feature of it, probably only the blue hue which look **** cool to me when in blue, but i switch between day light and warm light and light intensity a lot.

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 4:14 PM, andotang said:

This is the best ironing position I can find in my small house.

YIroning4.jpg

Got fan blowing me and aircon right above me. And lucky I put 2 socket into the carpentry. Now use for fan and iron.

YIroning5.jpg

I am so lucky the base of ironing board I bought fit perfectly into the groove of my platform bed, which make it more stable while ironing.

YIroning6.jpg

One bed setup to free up space. Might put a computer into bedroom. Cos I need to setup my sound system in the room as living room will be too loud will disturb neighbours.

YIroning7.jpg

Hi, May I know how much you spend doing the platform? Thinking of doing one for my bedroom....

21 hours ago, Gold Sia said:

HI andotang

May i have the toilet contractor and ID contact?

PMed.

13 hours ago, kelvinangsw said:

Hi, May I know how much you spend doing the platform? Thinking of doing one for my bedroom....

I got it from Evorich directly at $2500 including the bedhead. less about $250 if you don't need bedhead.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2016 at 0:10 AM, andotang said:

PMed. Yes less then $10 each. Very happy with my hue, hardly use the colour feature of it, probably only the blue hue which look **** cool to me when in blue, but i switch between day light and warm light and light intensity a lot.

so cheap!!!!!!! pinning your post! very reasonable and smart setup :)

On 28/11/2016 at 3:57 PM, nin3tails said:

hihi, forget to ask you about the spec of the E27 holder. Do you remember what is the height and width of the holder as well as the width and depth of your "wood" beam?

IMG_7600.jpgIMG_7595.jpg

My beam is about 7 inches depth. Same for false ceiling. It's hard to find this kind of downlight anymore, all is led now. Buy first before you make your false ceiling. If you cannot find this kind and use led then no need make 7 inches so deep. But the convenient of replace the bulb makes me want to install this rather then replacing those drivers of led downlight. $10 for this holder that hardly spoil. I feel very worth it.

• Like 1