Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
andotang

2 Room Bto Themeless With Philips Hue Lighting

On 13/04/2017 at 0:29 PM, casperlai said:

@andotang Sorry if this is starting to annoy you, but can you let me know where you got your Philips Hue from and price? Or can you just post it on here (if the forum rules allow). Cheers.

PMed. No problem at all. But I see some renotalker already posted the newer 2.0 version, so you better buy the newer one.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 19/04/2017 at 3:25 PM, 10153218960838133 said:

Hello Heloo andotang, can pm me where you got your simple human and those suction cups where you can hook on your utensils? your bomb shelter rack contacts also? thanks 

PMed.

On 19/04/2017 at 3:26 PM, 10153218960838133 said:

Why is your hue lightings so cheap? you got it from? thanks

It's not cheap. Only the E27 downlight holder is cheap at $10 each and they never spoil and you don't have to worry about changing drivers. Honestly if I have a LED downlight with drivers, i wouldn't know how to replace it when it spoiled. Scare of live wires and hard to source for drivers if it is outdated, then you buy a new light which will not look the same with your other lights. Not cheap to ask a electrician to come to just replace a light for you. Which is why I used E27 base. Just replace the bulb.MPurchase15.jpg.6bec762b3a7a4134c6a8dcb67a2eb40f.jpgQLight5.jpg.cba37032d3e6792dc0815ed55ab27650.jpg

My Ceiling Fan Adventure

Finally after living for 18 months in the new house then I bought my 2 ceiling fans. Well I didn't get my dream  $1500 Haiku Fan as the price is really too high and I didn't want to pay it base on the negative feedback on their after sales service.

So I got myself the latest KDK DC fan U48FP. Was $638 official price by KDK. Courts was selling at $580 and some neighbourhood shop selling around $560. When I saw a Promo for this fan at $535 each. I decided it is time so I went to cash and carry back 2 pieces. I ask for installation and they charged $60 each and need to wait 4 days. I decided to ask the malaysian guy recommended by fellow renotalkers, he charged $40 each and he come the very next day to help me install. I was worried about not getting the proper installer as sales person tell me if never install and balance properly will have noise issue. After seeing how it was done, there wasn't any thing to adjust at all, not like you have to adjust the blade angle, simply just screw on the blade and nothing to adjust. Only adjustment I see is to make sure you hook the fan properly parallel to the ceiling will do. Malaysian guy told me other model might need balancing but not this model.

YIroning18.jpg.076ade987e566a49152f83c0af71b708.jpg

He asked me how much I bought. I say SGD535 and he say expensive, some people got it for less then SGD500. Then he tell me malaysia also launch this model already and have grey color. He say malaysia selling for RM690 and he charge $30 to bring into singapore and $40 to install, all in about SGD300. I argue that that is not local set and might have warranty issue. He say yes but warranty only 1 year, usually nothing will spoil, after 1 year also need to pay for KDK to come your house to service. Malaysia model need to send back to malaysia for servicing but for the price saving... I realized if given a choice, i should have just bought the malaysia one for SGD300 each while I paid SGD1150 for 2 in SG. Wish I know this option before hand as it is too troublesome to go JB to buy myself. If I were to get more fan i will look for him next time. Oh he also say grey version is by panasonic which is not sold in singapore.

Bed Room fan, just on the minimum speed 1 of 9 at night is already too cold if not using blanket. See how many lights I have in my bedroom now.....

YIroning19.jpg.908cd3f7ecc46e43d85d1228e2fb8057.jpg

Living room fan. i was surprise the attached LED daylight is very bright. Added another alternative lighting option to my living room.

YIroning20.jpg.ff0e41558b30625209b04a757c62cc5e.jpg

Something worth mentioning here is my curtain. My vertical blind in living room which i choose not to be black out blind, During my off day to use computer at home in the afternoon, It is too bright. So I contacted my curtain guy to help me install another curtain track so i could put a black out curtain. He managed to squeeze into the gap between the vertical blind. I bought this curtain in chinatown for really good price for this quality. $90 for a total of 4 pieces. 2 for living room and 2 for bedroom. The heavy duty track cost $200 so total $290 to get this extra curtain done. I conclude that best solution for curtain is to have duo track and a daylight curtain with a black out curtain.

YIroning21.jpg.9d551dcf396845aba4b47579f388e1b6.jpg

This is my duo curtain track. I would say my vertical blind is redundant already.

YIroning22.jpg.672083a648a8991744fefa0650fffbca.jpg

Sometime I would put my mattress in my living room so that I could watch my movies on my computer from my bed. No sofa is good as you really have no space for it for a 2 roomer.

YIroning23.jpg.b262ed3aeaa9f5a80460ce1259655e4f.jpg

Been using the fan for a while now and I usually turn on speed 1 to 4 only and don't hear any fan noise. If turn on above 7 you will hear blade noise. Yuragi is also good as it provide a more gentle breeze of winds. Comparing to the table fan i am using for the pass 18 months, now i feel my living room very cozy and windy. I just feel my house very cooling and I end up having my fan turned on for many hours and DC fan help me save electricity. Great purchase....

until yesterday I saw my fan being advertised for SGD425..........

Hi, could you PM me the Malaysian guy's contact number. Would like to use his service, getting the KDK fans from JB and him installing them for me.

Edited by typkoon1312

Hi, love your detail write up. Btw can you PM me the contact for the fan installer and where did you get your Philips Hue lights and pricing? Thanks!

On 07/05/2017 at 7:21 PM, typkoon1312 said:

Hi, could you PM me the Malaysian guy's contact number. Would like to use his service, getting the KDK fans from JB and him installing them for me.

PMed.

8 hours ago, spikeling said:

Hi, love your detail write up. Btw can you PM me the contact for the fan installer and where did you get your Philips Hue lights and pricing? Thanks!

PMed.

On 9/4/2015 at 10:08 PM, andotang said:

Evorich Platform for Bedroom.

I approached Evorich directly to secure a deal for my bedroom platform. Got quote from some ID and they are using Rubber Laminate which I worried got rubber smell, also worried that they might cut corners and give me some weird kind of materials, as I have also gotten quote for the platform at 1/4 of the normal price if I can accept the basic ready-made kinds of lego platform. ID told me Evorich is good but expensive. As i don't want a thin laminate on top of those planks, I head to Evorich head office and talked to the manager there. Prices is cheaper then what all ID have quoted me, as such I paid my first confirmed deal for the house even before i engaged my ID. Paid for a platform bed with pelmet for cove lighting, and a slanting bed head instead of straight so I can sit comfortably leaning my back on it. Once wet work is done, now it is time for Evorich to come.

The bedroom where the platform will be installed. Wiring for the lighting is already done as the wires need to be hidden under the platform.

And the final product. I tried jumping on it and it is solid like cement floor. No hollow feeling. The HERF itself already very heavy, I tried carrying and omg.....

JEvorich5.jpg

how much is the platform bed evorich quote?
i am thinking to engage them as well
worry ID can do the platform bed as good as evorich
TIA

Hi Andotang - Good to know you bought the KDK fan. I will opt for the black version when I get my flat. I also saw the new prices advertised in the Saturday papers. I am pretty surprised how the prices have dropped.

On 15/05/2017 at 2:29 AM, leeturbo said:

how much is the platform bed evorich quote?
i am thinking to engage them as well
worry ID can do the platform bed as good as evorich
TIA

The price is $2500 with the bed head, without is less 2 to 3 hundreds.

• Like 1