Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
andotang

2 Room Bto Themeless With Philips Hue Lighting

On 09/06/2017 at 1:16 PM, homesweethome96 said:

Hello Ando!

Can you pls PM me the contact details of the malaysia guy? Will like to engage his services as well as the fans from him =)

Thank you in advance!

PMed.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Andotang. Like the others, I am quite interested in the Malaysian guy's contact number, could your pm me the details? I want to install two KDK fans in my flat :) BTW, great posts and thread on your renovation.

Edited by saisai

On 18/06/2017 at 0:22 PM, saisai said:

Hi Andotang. Like the others, I am quite interested in the Malaysian guy's contact number, could your pm me the details? I want to install two KDK fans in my flat :) BTW, great posts and thread on your renovation.

PMed.

hello andotang,

just curious, 

1) roughly how much is your total renovation cost from start to end? roughly.

• like kitchen how much,
  • bedroom how much
  • living room how much
  • toilet how much, (all roughly? around in the range of?)

2) you used 1 ID to cover the entire thing or 1ID 1 kitchen, another ID do bedroom and so on?

Cheers

Edited by veto

On 02/07/2017 at 6:47 AM, veto said:

hello andotang,

just curious, 

1) roughly how much is your total renovation cost from start to end? roughly.

• like kitchen how much,
  • bedroom how much
  • living room how much
  • toilet how much, (all roughly? around in the range of?)

2) you used 1 ID to cover the entire thing or 1ID 1 kitchen, another ID do bedroom and so on?

Cheers

Hi veto,

I will answer your second question first, I used only 1 ID to do all the work, except I sign up with Blum Kitchen myself so I just get the kitchen ready for Blum Installation and I called them to come, just took 1 day to install. I also signed up with Evorich to do my platform bed which I also get the room ready for installation and arranged them to come.

Your first question is tough to answer, its hard to break down to how much each room cost. I planned my budget by having a list of items i need for the house In excel and I keep maintaining it as soon as i got a quote or made a purchase. I can clearly see how much total I am spending on the house. I will attach here for your reference, You can try create your list too so you can visualize.

ZDyson10.jpg.7fedd207c446e5b145d2497c74009b77.jpg

As you can see I spend over 50K including minor household items which I didn't put into the list. I will elaborate on the Total ID cost of 20,830.76 which I paid to the ID. This sum consist of :

Painting                                 1200
False Ceiling                           500
Living room Cabinet               2000
Besglas 1.6m Wardrobe         2000
Granite worktop for kitchen    1400
Overlay WC flooring                950
Masonary work in toilet          1200
Granite Worktop for WC          750
Sliding Shower Screen in WC  800
2 new Besglas toilet door       1160

I can estimate I spend about 6000 on the toilet and 7500 on kitchen.

YBef4After2.thumb.jpg.c0d34a8c6e2460b1c974d79fbde16c0a.jpgYBef4After8.thumb.jpg.80580e647fb4423051addbaf518a98b4.jpg

Hope I answer your question this way can give you a better idea to work out your budget. I only have one advice to you which is if possible, reduce the amount of carpentry work to minimum as they are expensive and hard to replace them few years down the road when they deteriorate. You will see a huge chunk off your ID cost if you don't do carpentry.

• Like 3

Hi, can i have your Malaysian electrician contact? 

what you said is right. my led downlight with attached driver blow, and i dont dare to pull it out from my false ceiling. :/

On 04/07/2017 at 9:03 AM, dtsingapore said:

Hi, hi!

Can you pls PM me the contact details of the malaysia guy?  He seems to be good guy...

Many thanks....

PMed.

On 04/07/2017 at 10:37 AM, mummychua said:

Hi, can i have your Malaysian electrician contact? 

what you said is right. my led downlight with attached driver blow, and i dont dare to pull it out from my false ceiling. :/

PMed. I am curious to know how long did your led driver lasted before it blew? 5 yrs?

15 hours ago, andotang said:

PMed.

PMed. I am curious to know how long did your led driver lasted before it blew? 5 yrs?

about 3yrs. i on that light everyday. i though LED light is suppose to last longer than that. maybe i should just change all my downlight to the e27 type. imagine having to get a electrician everytime a light blow. 

On 15/03/2017 at 1:33 AM, andotang said:

YIroning17.jpg

Are you referring to this cabinet? It's 2.34 meters or about 7.67 ft. Comes with full internal laminate of my choice too instead of plain white laminate. All Blum hinges. exclude LED light stripe. I paid $2k for it.

Pmed.

Hi you used Philips Hue for kitchen cabinet please advise where is the socket, hidden inside? Do you have to permanently switch on Philips Hue lights?

13 hours ago, Mannequin said:

Hi you used Philips Hue for kitchen cabinet please advise where is the socket, hidden inside? Do you have to permanently switch on Philips Hue lights?

I told electrician to make a 3 pin socket inside the upper cabinet, and it will be switch on using the lighting switch as you see on the side panel of the cabinet, and need to drill a hole to allow the led stripe to pass thru so I can paste them as you see the blue led in the pic. I kept the 3 pin socket switched on forever, when i want to turn on this blue led i just switch on the normal lighting switch which in turn provide current to the 3 pin socket. I have 2 such installation in my house, the other is the blue led on my evorich platform in the bedroom. The trick to this installation is you need a 3 pin socket, and you need to tunnel a hole to allow your led stripe to reach where you want to place it, and you need a lighting switch to control the 3 pin socket, and also please note that your hue stripe will come with a big piece of transmitter between your led and 3 pin socket, as least for mine, I don't know if newer version does, I believe it does as it is the transmitting unit to receive instruction from your hue controller. I can also use a hue tap to turn on/off the light if i leave the lighting switch power on forever. I hv 2 tap sitting on the cabinet beside the switch which I use to switch colors and brightness instead of using apps.

SLamp3.jpg.811b9edc97797993aff1ecd75b1ca23c.jpg

WCompleted5.jpg.2ace56c100b0ff5a4ff7a83b5e0f4956.jpg

See the hole on the right side which i slip thru my led stripe.

WCompleted6.jpg.9db27bdca9f9a4ef27ddffba9eb0db2c.jpg

I always turn on my platform led when sleeping, not too bright for the eye and I can still read the clock. My favourite is blue led.

So look at your hue stripe and think of the way to tunnel thru your cabinet to reach where you want to place it and have your electrician wired the 3 pin socket to your lighting switch.

Hello,

Very nice of you to share the details and enjoying the process of reading them.

Will you be able to provide the following information on :

1) your ID name, contact & co.

2) Metal Rack in bombshelter 

3) Besglas wardrobe 

4) Malaysian guy who install the KDK fan

Thank you very much.

On 08/08/2017 at 2:19 PM, MiniBean said:

Hello,

Very nice of you to share the details and enjoying the process of reading them.

Will you be able to provide the following information on :

1) your ID name, contact & co.

2) Metal Rack in bombshelter 

3) Besglas wardrobe 

4) Malaysian guy who install the KDK fan

Thank you very much.

Thank you and PMed.