Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
andotang

2 Room Bto Themeless With Philips Hue Lighting

Hi Andotang.

May I have the contact for the Malaysia guy who install your KDK ceiling fans?

By the way, your cooking stove uses gas or electricity and where you bought it please?

Thank you very much.

Edited by comtt74

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 19/08/2017 at 5:26 PM, comtt74 said:

Hi Andotang.

May I have the contact for the Malaysia guy who install your KDK ceiling fans?

By the way, your cooking stove uses gas or electricity and where you bought it please?

Thank you very much.

PMed.

My stove is Techno brand using gas and commonly available in most electrical store and it's not expensive but I forgot how much i bought it for. Bought it for the low profile because my tabletop is already higher then usual due to the washing machine below. Gas valve just under the washing machine tap.

ZDyson11.jpg.6d878cd335ed32f7782b5f2ed00f89d0.jpg

On 5/7/2017 at 6:58 PM, andotang said:

My Ceiling Fan Adventure

Finally after living for 18 months in the new house then I bought my 2 ceiling fans. Well I didn't get my dream  $1500 Haiku Fan as the price is really too high and I didn't want to pay it base on the negative feedback on their after sales service.

So I got myself the latest KDK DC fan U48FP. Was $638 official price by KDK. Courts was selling at $580 and some neighbourhood shop selling around $560. When I saw a Promo for this fan at $535 each. I decided it is time so I went to cash and carry back 2 pieces. I ask for installation and they charged $60 each and need to wait 4 days. I decided to ask the malaysian guy recommended by fellow renotalkers, he charged $40 each and he come the very next day to help me install. I was worried about not getting the proper installer as sales person tell me if never install and balance properly will have noise issue. After seeing how it was done, there wasn't any thing to adjust at all, not like you have to adjust the blade angle, simply just screw on the blade and nothing to adjust. Only adjustment I see is to make sure you hook the fan properly parallel to the ceiling will do. Malaysian guy told me other model might need balancing but not this model.

YIroning18.jpg.076ade987e566a49152f83c0af71b708.jpg

He asked me how much I bought. I say SGD535 and he say expensive, some people got it for less then SGD500. Then he tell me malaysia also launch this model already and have grey color. He say malaysia selling for RM690 and he charge $30 to bring into singapore and $40 to install, all in about SGD300. I argue that that is not local set and might have warranty issue. He say yes but warranty only 1 year, usually nothing will spoil, after 1 year also need to pay for KDK to come your house to service. Malaysia model need to send back to malaysia for servicing but for the price saving... I realized if given a choice, i should have just bought the malaysia one for SGD300 each while I paid SGD1150 for 2 in SG. Wish I know this option before hand as it is too troublesome to go JB to buy myself. If I were to get more fan i will look for him next time. Oh he also say grey version is by panasonic which is not sold in singapore.

Bed Room fan, just on the minimum speed 1 of 9 at night is already too cold if not using blanket. See how many lights I have in my bedroom now.....

YIroning19.jpg.908cd3f7ecc46e43d85d1228e2fb8057.jpg

Living room fan. i was surprise the attached LED daylight is very bright. Added another alternative lighting option to my living room.

YIroning20.jpg.ff0e41558b30625209b04a757c62cc5e.jpg

Something worth mentioning here is my curtain. My vertical blind in living room which i choose not to be black out blind, During my off day to use computer at home in the afternoon, It is too bright. So I contacted my curtain guy to help me install another curtain track so i could put a black out curtain. He managed to squeeze into the gap between the vertical blind. I bought this curtain in chinatown for really good price for this quality. $90 for a total of 4 pieces. 2 for living room and 2 for bedroom. The heavy duty track cost $200 so total $290 to get this extra curtain done. I conclude that best solution for curtain is to have duo track and a daylight curtain with a black out curtain.

YIroning21.jpg.9d551dcf396845aba4b47579f388e1b6.jpg

This is my duo curtain track. I would say my vertical blind is redundant already.

YIroning22.jpg.672083a648a8991744fefa0650fffbca.jpg

Sometime I would put my mattress in my living room so that I could watch my movies on my computer from my bed. No sofa is good as you really have no space for it for a 2 roomer.

YIroning23.jpg.b262ed3aeaa9f5a80460ce1259655e4f.jpg

Been using the fan for a while now and I usually turn on speed 1 to 4 only and don't hear any fan noise. If turn on above 7 you will hear blade noise. Yuragi is also good as it provide a more gentle breeze of winds. Comparing to the table fan i am using for the pass 18 months, now i feel my living room very cozy and windy. I just feel my house very cooling and I end up having my fan turned on for many hours and DC fan help me save electricity. Great purchase....

until yesterday I saw my fan being advertised for SGD425..........

Do you mind pm me the contact if the msian guy who fix the fan.

Also, with the downlights in the beam, with its cause the lights to have the flicking effect when the fan is turned on?

Thanks...

On 10/16/2017 at 2:24 AM, huairen said:

Do you mind pm me the contact if the msian guy who fix the fan.

Also, with the downlights in the beam, with its cause the lights to have the flicking effect when the fan is turned on?

Thanks...

PMed.

I have no issue with any shadow casting from the ceiling fan at all whether from my downlights or the kdk fan lights.  My fan blade doesn't cross path with any downlight.  In fact the beam helped to bring the downlight lower to prevent light leaking to the ceiling fan area.

Thankful to come across your post! Helping my parents’ to do their 2-rm too and would really love to know where you got your storage rack and if I could get the Malaysian contact too?

On 10/28/2017 at 4:11 PM, pandacel said:

Hihi, may I have the Malaysian fan installer contact too? Thanks in advance!

PMed.

On 11/4/2017 at 3:11 AM, Carltonx said:

Thankful to come across your post! Helping my parents’ to do their 2-rm too and would really love to know where you got your storage rack and if I could get the Malaysian contact too?

PMed.

1 hour ago, angell said:

Hi andotang, can I have the contact for the Curtain guy? Is $200 the charges for the heavy duty track + installation for your Living Room windows?

PMed. Yes 200 include installation. if I not wrong is for both bedroom and living room.

Leaking

After living for close to 2 yrs, I noticed small pool of water under my computer desk about 3 to 4 times over a 2 yrs period which I know water is leaking from outside during very heavy rain, those rain that makes water rushing down from your exterior wall.  but I have no idea where the leak is coming from because the wood skirting is pretty dry. So I placed a cloth there to absorb water. Pool of water as shown in below pic blue paint.

Zleak1.jpg.8232bfa8564989564375ebfc18ebac25.jpg

Until one day I was at home during a heavy storm and I happened to see this by accident cos it is not very obvious under normal viewing angle, need certain angle to see the reflection of water off the wall.

Zleak2.jpg.dc72debe8df314e75ad7234d634c7520.jpg

Called HDB about this problem and they send a officer to my place, who inspect my wall and said he will arrange for the repair. Need to apply for permit to rig the gear on exterior wall for the repair, he said about 2 to 3 weeks. He also inspected my bedroom wall and we noticed this crackline which run from top to bottom of the wall. He explained this is common, and had no structure danger. He said I should have chosen those elastic paint which can stretch and will not have crackline.  I remember I already choose the better paint instead of the cheap vinilex 5000 but still not good enough as I didn't go for the elastic type as I thought only the exterior wall need elastic type.

Zleak4.jpg.e300a4405ee227ccbcd4d7d0c167f472.jpg

About 2 weeks later they fixed the leak. I have no idea if it is fixed cos need very heavy rain to test. I saw them just painting a layer of grey chemical over the leaking area and wonder if this layer is able to block out all the water. The officer also mentioned that HDB carry a 3 yrs warranty of the new flat, which after they will hand over to the town council. Meaning within the first 3 yrs of your new bto, you look for hdb for exterior damage, and after 3 yrs, you look for town council. Lucky I saw this leak within 3 yrs, else sure get ping pong between town council and hdb after 3 yrs.

Zleak3.jpg.d1f130a08abe483f37466a615fcdbaf1.jpg

My washing machine tap that link the wall tap to the washing machine also leaked, bit by bit, water droplet can be seen on the white plastic thingy below the tap.  I placed a cloth there and it turned damp overnight. So I look for town council handyman service. Who came and replaced a plastic washer and charged me $20. So far so good again but I don't think it's gonna last forever, the water pressure is high and probably will leak again in another few years.

Zleak5.jpg.a109364c1264cc9439dba0dda6d3673f.jpg

I should probably mentioned, after using my ceiling fan for pretty long, I love it and never regret installing a ceiling fan, the light breeze it give really cool down the environment a lot for me, no need turn on aircon, just the minimum speed of ceiling fan is already too cold. So I asked my mum to install in her room too,  I contacted the malaysian guy who installed my ceiling fan, this time I ask him to get the malaysia version of my KDK fan, which he say only comes in grey colour. $330 Include installation. And another $40 if you need to run wire for point. If don't like grey can get panasonic one which actually is the same as kdk and got black and red. When I heard red, it sound interesting to have a red ceiling fan if it fit into your theme. Really love the bright red.

Zleak6.jpg.37cafe92fd8cce31110dd9151d4ac2c4.jpg

But my mum say grey is fine.

On 3/1/2018 at 11:53 AM, rustynail said:

Hi, can pm me  the Malaysian fan installer person pls. Thanks.

PMed. He is actually a freelance electrician from malaysia who do all electrical stuff like wiring, installing instant heater, ceiling fan and lights. Especially LED light repair, he say I am very lucky already to hv no problem with my lights at all cos he say other people have LED light spoiled within 2 years.