andotang

2 Room Bto Themeless With Philips Hue Lighting

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

May i have the contact for the

(1)Malaysian who install your KDK fan,

(2)the person who install your curtain

Thanks

Between I am worry that the curtain may caught in the ceiling fan if there is strong wind blowing from the window. Did u encounter such problem after you install the KDK ceiling fan?

On 3/9/2018 at 7:43 PM, clarencehuang said:

Dear Ando, I am renovating my 2 room BTO flat.

could you share contacts of : your ID, bomb shelter rack contractor please?

PMed.

On 3/10/2018 at 6:49 PM, Val1980 said:

Hi,

May i have the contact for the

(1)Malaysian who install your KDK fan,

(2)the person who install your curtain

Thanks

Between I am worry that the curtain may caught in the ceiling fan if there is strong wind blowing from the window. Did u encounter such problem after you install the KDK ceiling fan?

PMed.

I have no such problem because I never open windows, the dust is too thick if have too much air moving thru your premises. The wind from the ceiling fan is strong and powerful enough for me.

However I can relate this information to you about DC ceiling fan, when you put yr finger on the fast moving blade of the fan, it will start to slow down upon friction with your finger. Even on max speed of my ceiling fan, I can just use my bare hands to stop the moving blade. Which i think if your curtain is caught in the fan, it will just force stop the fan.

BUT BUT BUT, if you have a AC ceiling fan, the motor is not design to give way or slow down, thus it will attempt to chop off your finger and keep moving, U cannot use yr hand to stop a AC ceiling fan, it's momentum will persist until something give way.

Hi Andotang,

I like the way you install the hUe light, very inspired by it. I am still considering and weighing the cost of getting the hue lights. Thank you for sharing.

Can you please PM the malaysian contact who installed your fan?

On 02/03/2018 at 7:46 PM, andotang said:

He is actually a freelance electrician from malaysia who do all electrical stuff like wiring, installing instant heater, ceiling fan and lights. 

Can I please have his contact? Thank you. 

On 3/14/2018 at 8:20 PM, 007Bluesky said:

Hi,

May I have your KDK fan installer & ID contact?

Thank you so much.

PMed.

On 3/25/2018 at 1:28 PM, swatcL said:

Hi Andotang,

I like the way you install the hUe light, very inspired by it. I am still considering and weighing the cost of getting the hue lights. Thank you for sharing.

Can you please PM the malaysian contact who installed your fan?

PMed.

22 hours ago, sbladerz said:

Can I please have his contact? Thank you. 

PMed.

On 5/7/2017 at 6:58 PM, andotang said:

My Ceiling Fan Adventure

Finally after living for 18 months in the new house then I bought my 2 ceiling fans. Well I didn't get my dream  $1500 Haiku Fan as the price is really too high and I didn't want to pay it base on the negative feedback on their after sales service.

So I got myself the latest KDK DC fan U48FP. Was $638 official price by KDK. Courts was selling at $580 and some neighbourhood shop selling around $560. When I saw a Promo for this fan at $535 each. I decided it is time so I went to cash and carry back 2 pieces. I ask for installation and they charged $60 each and need to wait 4 days. I decided to ask the malaysian guy recommended by fellow renotalkers, he charged $40 each and he come the very next day to help me install. I was worried about not getting the proper installer as sales person tell me if never install and balance properly will have noise issue. After seeing how it was done, there wasn't any thing to adjust at all, not like you have to adjust the blade angle, simply just screw on the blade and nothing to adjust. Only adjustment I see is to make sure you hook the fan properly parallel to the ceiling will do. Malaysian guy told me other model might need balancing but not this model.

YIroning18.jpg.076ade987e566a49152f83c0af71b708.jpg

He asked me how much I bought. I say SGD535 and he say expensive, some people got it for less then SGD500. Then he tell me malaysia also launch this model already and have grey color. He say malaysia selling for RM690 and he charge $30 to bring into singapore and $40 to install, all in about SGD300. I argue that that is not local set and might have warranty issue. He say yes but warranty only 1 year, usually nothing will spoil, after 1 year also need to pay for KDK to come your house to service. Malaysia model need to send back to malaysia for servicing but for the price saving... I realized if given a choice, i should have just bought the malaysia one for SGD300 each while I paid SGD1150 for 2 in SG. Wish I know this option before hand as it is too troublesome to go JB to buy myself. If I were to get more fan i will look for him next time. Oh he also say grey version is by panasonic which is not sold in singapore.

Bed Room fan, just on the minimum speed 1 of 9 at night is already too cold if not using blanket. See how many lights I have in my bedroom now.....

Can PM me the malaysian guy selling the fan n installation. Thanks

My First Tao Bao Purchase - Ceiling Fan

After moving in about 3 years, I finally proceed to install a toilet ceiling fan which I have been planning for a long time. Why I want to install a ceiling fan, I sweat easily and prefer to do business with comfort and I feel the fan will move the air in the toilet to make the air fresher and dry faster after each shower. The problem I face taking so long to proceed is there is no small ceiling fan locally, smallest is 36" which is too big for my toilet, it can actually fit in but might not have enough room to draw air and fan blade will wobble. I have no experience in taobao purchase. The ceiling fan must have lighting option as it is in the center of the toilet and I have to remove my existing lighting.

So one day I took the time to find the model which i can use and read up on taobao handler in singapore who can help me to do the purchase. And I confirmed my order for 2 pieces of 26" ceiling fan with remote control function. I used sgshop to handle the purchase and sea shipment. 2 weeks later I received the fan.

Zleak12.jpg.0b3ed73dcb3393ebf5c574b9b645edc6.jpg

Then I arranged with the malaysian guy again to help me install this fan into my existing toilet. The lighting box in the middle of the toilet have to remove to make way for the fan. I have 2 led tube bulb in the false ceiling which is not very bright. Removing the main lighting is a difficult decision.

Zleak7.jpg.fa426a5d510bb096611ecb751d5af7bb.jpg

When malaysian guy arrived, we discussed and can actually move the main lighthing to the side. So this is after installation.

Zleak8.jpg.70351afbfa3481c62e98d3b6f2e1b50f.jpg

I also asked him to install a E27 holder into the false ceiling cos I thought I will lose my main lighting. Installed right above my toilet bowl.

Zleak9.jpg.fd272022c9c7fbf5c353c76426641b57.jpg

Another close up of the E27 holder (which cost me $2.50). There is no securing the holder, it just hang in there by the wire which is fine for me.

Zleak10.jpg.c5ff774b33dfc9d10faf532d790cb7cf.jpg

So i have been using this ceiling fan for almost 2 weeks now, and i totally love it. No wobbling issue in a small confine area. And wind is pretty strong. It helps to dry up the toilet a lot faster. It does smell better now. When showering with the fan on, you will feel a little cold, like getting out of swimming pool and a strong wind blow at you. I also have hair dryer in the toilet so now with the ceiling fan, I don't feel so hot when drying my hair with hair dryer, works good when leave the toilet door open. It comes with default warm led bulb which i intend to go sim lim tower to get it change to day light led.

I also learned I cannot use the draw string and remote control together. Can only choose 1, becos have to install the remote receiver in the fan which will take over the control. Meaning everytime you turn on the fan it is at default max speed and light on. Which i don't like, If don't install the remote and use the draw string, it will be at the last remembered setting. So if I keep fan speed 2 and light off. Everytime i on the main switch outside toilet door, it will be at speed 2 no light. So basically now I just turn on to use as ceiling fan only and all lighting is turned on using another switch. I have to mention here my toilet comes default with 2 gang 2 way switch from kitchen and master bedroom So i linked the 2 led tube bulb, main lighting and the new e27 holder onto the other switch. My toilet now have too many lights.

As for the cost, I bought 2 fan for $240.90 with remote, if i know I will buy non remote model and save about $20. Sea shipment and GST and delivery to my house $105.15. It will work out to $173 per ceiling fan cost. Then I paid $40 for malaysian guy to install the fan, move the main lighting to the side, installed a e27 holder, he also patched the hole on ceiling becos I have to reposition it a little.

Total cost per fan with installation. $213.

The other fan I bought was installed by him at my mum house.

Zleak11.jpg.930dd923ef2f062c018c3265abe3c41e.jpg

For those who sweat a lot or want to dry your toilet faster can consider. Next thing on my list to do is to get the new Dyson V10 once my V8 spoil. These thing are awesome and I use it everyday. Zapping away all the hair on the floor.

On 3/2/2018 at 7:46 PM, andotang said:

He is actually a freelance electrician from malaysia who do all electrical stuff like wiring, installing instant heater, ceiling fan and lights. Especially LED light repair, he say I am very lucky already to hv no problem with my lights at all cos he say other people have LED light spoiled within 2 years.

Hi @andotang , can you please PM me the Malaysian Electrician contact.

:) Thanks in advance.

Hi andotang, would also like to get the electrician contact and metal work contact from you please. Thanks in advance.

i read the post on toilet renov and realised the toilet ceiling is higher than mine. Did you do anything to it that i missed? My toilet false ceiling is so low that i feel intimidated.. imagine having a plank across your mesh lighting. I wonder what start nesting there... i feel the design of my toilet is deceiving, smaller than hdb showflat... felt cheated lol

Edited by CaseBlue

I must say after reading more of your posts i really really love your toilet design... too bad my toilet layout is different from yours though all others are same....