Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
andotang

2 Room Bto Themeless With Philips Hue Lighting

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

After reminded by mmoh that some of my cheapo suction hook also will drop, I decided to change all to the "will never drop" version. Checked lazada price and planned what I need to get. Went NTUC and saw the price nearly 50% cheaper then lazada. So I decided to buy more and replace what ever I can. Specifically the 3 hook in kitchen to dry my laundry which sometime drop due to wet clothing weight.

ZLeak15.jpg.50d33b88545cceaa936d42f61efef2f7.jpg

Saw this from NTUC. This store special price. Offer until End Aug 2018.

ZLeak16.jpg.ffac786c807b7ea9c73e43feaec90f86.jpg

Single hook was 8.70 from lazada, 6.90 from NTUC normal price. Now offer 3.77. Soap dish from 9.90 become 5.41

ZLeak17.jpg.badeb1b2fb8f5c29b65f21dda18ce788.jpg

These are the 3 hooks which I hang wet heavy clothing as near windows, good sunlight. I hope I no need to do maintenance to them anymore.

ZLeak18.jpg.61aef5b1d23fde9454d7b666937116a2.jpg

Replaced these soap dish too cos they are on offer. My old double hook in the background to hold my glass wiper cos need to wipe off water on shower screen after every shower, over 2 years haven't drop. That's why I trust Garbath.

ZLeak19.jpg.41ab65bd3d17fd4028fccbe028b0d475.jpg

Also bought a 2 cup holder and a mirror in the shower area. Never think I would put a mirror right in the shower cubicle. Power of Garbath promotion.

Not full range of Garbath items can be found at NTUC so there is one item i couldn't get. What a pity.

16 hours ago, andotang said:

After reminded by mmoh that some of my cheapo suction hook also will drop, I decided to change all to the "will never drop" version. Checked lazada price and planned what I need to get. Went NTUC and saw the price nearly 50% cheaper then lazada. So I decided to buy more and replace what ever I can. Specifically the 3 hook in kitchen to dry my laundry which sometime drop due to wet clothing weight.

ZLeak15.jpg.50d33b88545cceaa936d42f61efef2f7.jpg

Saw this from NTUC. This store special price. Offer until End Aug 2018.

LOL!!!

which store? Hillion or Plaza?

Edited by mmoh

5 hours ago, CaseBlue said:

The power of sale. So many sold out... only got a couple... 

image.jpg

I hope you also check out the usual place they displayed this, this was the promotion corner they put this for this offer, but they have stock over at the regular place where they permanently display these when this offer is over. I saw the regular spot they didn't put all these discount price but stock is there, i picked a few from regular spot then when I saw the promo price, I picked even more.

22 hours ago, andotang said:

I hope you also check out the usual place they displayed this, this was the promotion corner they put this for this offer, but they have stock over at the regular place where they permanently display these when this offer is over. I saw the regular spot they didn't put all these discount price but stock is there, i picked a few from regular spot then when I saw the promo price, I picked even more.

Oh... I didn't cos i was in a hurry... 

On 5/7/2017 at 6:58 PM, andotang said:

My Ceiling Fan Adventure

Finally after living for 18 months in the new house then I bought my 2 ceiling fans. Well I didn't get my dream  $1500 Haiku Fan as the price is really too high and I didn't want to pay it base on the negative feedback on their after sales service.

So I got myself the latest KDK DC fan U48FP. Was $638 official price by KDK. Courts was selling at $580 and some neighbourhood shop selling around $560. When I saw a Promo for this fan at $535 each. I decided it is time so I went to cash and carry back 2 pieces. I ask for installation and they charged $60 each and need to wait 4 days. I decided to ask the malaysian guy recommended by fellow renotalkers, he charged $40 each and he come the very next day to help me install. I was worried about not getting the proper installer as sales person tell me if never install and balance properly will have noise issue. After seeing how it was done, there wasn't any thing to adjust at all, not like you have to adjust the blade angle, simply just screw on the blade and nothing to adjust. Only adjustment I see is to make sure you hook the fan properly parallel to the ceiling will do. Malaysian guy told me other model might need balancing but not this model.

YIroning18.jpg.076ade987e566a49152f83c0af71b708.jpg

He asked me how much I bought. I say SGD535 and he say expensive, some people got it for less then SGD500. Then he tell me malaysia also launch this model already and have grey color. He say malaysia selling for RM690 and he charge $30 to bring into singapore and $40 to install, all in about SGD300. I argue that that is not local set and might have warranty issue. He say yes but warranty only 1 year, usually nothing will spoil, after 1 year also need to pay for KDK to come your house to service. Malaysia model need to send back to malaysia for servicing but for the price saving... I realized if given a choice, i should have just bought the malaysia one for SGD300 each while I paid SGD1150 for 2 in SG. Wish I know this option before hand as it is too troublesome to go JB to buy myself. If I were to get more fan i will look for him next time. Oh he also say grey version is by panasonic which is not sold in singapore.

Bed Room fan, just on the minimum speed 1 of 9 at night is already too cold if not using blanket. See how many lights I have in my bedroom now.....

YIroning19.jpg.908cd3f7ecc46e43d85d1228e2fb8057.jpg

Living room fan. i was surprise the attached LED daylight is very bright. Added another alternative lighting option to my living room.

YIroning20.jpg.ff0e41558b30625209b04a757c62cc5e.jpg

Something worth mentioning here is my curtain. My vertical blind in living room which i choose not to be black out blind, During my off day to use computer at home in the afternoon, It is too bright. So I contacted my curtain guy to help me install another curtain track so i could put a black out curtain. He managed to squeeze into the gap between the vertical blind. I bought this curtain in chinatown for really good price for this quality. $90 for a total of 4 pieces. 2 for living room and 2 for bedroom. The heavy duty track cost $200 so total $290 to get this extra curtain done. I conclude that best solution for curtain is to have duo track and a daylight curtain with a black out curtain.

YIroning21.jpg.9d551dcf396845aba4b47579f388e1b6.jpg

This is my duo curtain track. I would say my vertical blind is redundant already.

YIroning22.jpg.672083a648a8991744fefa0650fffbca.jpg

Sometime I would put my mattress in my living room so that I could watch my movies on my computer from my bed. No sofa is good as you really have no space for it for a 2 roomer.

YIroning23.jpg.b262ed3aeaa9f5a80460ce1259655e4f.jpg

Been using the fan for a while now and I usually turn on speed 1 to 4 only and don't hear any fan noise. If turn on above 7 you will hear blade noise. Yuragi is also good as it provide a more gentle breeze of winds. Comparing to the table fan i am using for the pass 18 months, now i feel my living room very cozy and windy. I just feel my house very cooling and I end up having my fan turned on for many hours and DC fan help me save electricity. Great purchase....

until yesterday I saw my fan being advertised for SGD425..........

hi, please PM the msia guy contact. Thanks

Have gotten my BTO :) 

However, during site inspection i measured the unit and found the space to be lesser than actual floor plan. Most of the width/length were - 10cm. Esp for the toilet width, on paper 2000mm, actual is only 1570mm.  

Is this normal?

20 hours ago, rainbow1979 said:

Have gotten my BTO :) 

However, during site inspection i measured the unit and found the space to be lesser than actual floor plan. Most of the width/length were - 10cm. Esp for the toilet width, on paper 2000mm, actual is only 1570mm.  

Is this normal?

Congrats!

did you include the wall?

Clothes Dryer

I did some upgrading to improve my hanger to dry my laundry.

ZLeak20.jpg.20f47509585d488426d134705ec3e57a.jpg

Been always wanted to remove this floor standing dryer as it takes up floor space, very troublesome whenever I want to mop the floor and put my mobile bed there. So the only way to go is wall mount and ceiling mount.

ZLeak21.jpg.ba02e78d7c9ab414b4b7ad83c60ba109.jpg

So i bought these 2 racks.  About total $150. Then another $60 for installation. Thus removing the floor standing dryer into the bomb shelter and free up floor space.

ZLeak22.jpg.7a791bcb62a5539c42b2a0f88b16177c.jpg

Comes with 2 level of elevation. But I doubt I will ever use the half way elevation, that is probably useful if i mounted this rack high high. Of these 2 i will probably keep the left side one up 100% of the time.

ZLeak23.jpg.5e410c26a97aa5207399f6ea975c8f73.jpg

Got the same installer to installed these 2 ceiling hook. Which I then buy a hanging rod and some string to make this hanger to hang my shirt to dry.

ZLeak24.jpg.83e5ae1a686db7281a8393a84286c98f.jpg

When no shirt is there I will put our towel there. It was unsighting but it was hanging on the floor standing rack before I moved it airborne. That's a little sacrifice to free up floor space.

ZLeak25.jpg.3c1c299bea62d127b257fc75afd3ae11.jpg

So now this is the final result after removing the floor standing dryer. A more comfortable floor area to move things around. A lot easier to clean and mop my floor while moving the chair around. And clothes drying capacity increased.

ZLeak26.jpg.ddd797d94365a816bcf71d51f2824daa.jpg

Together with my hanging bar in the kitchen for long clothing and 3 suction hook at the kitchen window, I guess I have plenty of drying space for me to use.

what i did was bought a metal pole, cut to size at the hardware shop and a pair of V-bracket, get my contractor to drill and install for me to hang my laundry.

1459930813_Laundrypole.jpg.0255d273ac9e62018b60464981918899.jpg

1601741552_2018-05-2010_34_01.jpg.0200a17de78ab1c19fec0ed510fc604a.jpg