Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
andotang

2 Room Bto Themeless With Philips Hue Lighting

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 10/20/2019 at 11:25 AM, RyanJ said:

Hi andotang bro,

Please pm me the fan installer's contract. I want to by KDK fan from MY for my resale flat reno. Thanks. 

PMed.

It's been quite some time since I last updated.

I have to change the aircon drain pipe design, it was bad by default. Couldn't clean the area behind the pipe where it touches the floor, black bacterial start building and climbing around the pvc cover, you can see those black bacterial lines on the left and right of the pvc cover.

ZLeak29.jpg.3269eb27ab943a146d0ccedb0b9a492a.jpg

Paid $90 to modify this. Lesson learned is not to allow the pipe to go all the way down to your shower floor.

ZLeak30.jpg.ac2c8b2967629dac50073ff9755b7aa5.jpg

I also custom made 2 new rattan chair. The dark brown version was retail version which I feel a white one would make my living room brighter and nicer. Also another reason to custom make so that I can make it lower so i can push the chair under my sitoca table. Unfortunately the maker still make it too high which I think is too trousblesome for him to shave of 1.5cm off the 4 leg base. So I accept it. Do you feel white is better?

ZLeak31.jpg.1d5d12092d1760280157b7bc6ea16901.jpg

Another reason to custom is this binding rattan which cut my trousers, so I had him replace with mini nails. So now I have 4 rattan chair in my mini house. 2 lives in the bombshelter stacked up.

ZLeak32.jpg.62e3c257d057191f4c224211532fb81b.jpg

Do you mind if your opposite neighbour throw their rubbish out at night and only clear it 9am when they go to work? I was quite mindful about ants and cockroach will come.....as long as no food material I think is ok, still I feel one should take the effort just throw it down the chute immediately.

I have my first light bulb spoil after 4 years. I have a total of 13 Philips hue bulb, one finally failed, it still can work, just not able to show white light, so it become pink light by default when i turn it on. I have all Gen 1 bulb, will replace it with Gen 3 as long as they start failing. Philips hue bulb was suppose to last a long time, well I will see how long the other 12 bulb can last. I wonder how often you guys need to change your led bulb after you moved in? Does anyone have your led light fail within 5 years?

Oops my aircon discharge outlet pipe is configured in exactly the same way too. So far it looks fine but not sure how long that will last ?

I agree the white rattan chairs are a better fit for your living room as they make the space feel lighter. Would you be able to share where you custom made these rattan chairs?

My bathroom's LED light literally blew 4 weeks after moving in. It was some Sunshine brand. Replaced with Osram and has been working well ever since.

On 10/31/2019 at 6:30 PM, hdb4ever said:

Oops my aircon discharge outlet pipe is configured in exactly the same way too. So far it looks fine but not sure how long that will last ?

I agree the white rattan chairs are a better fit for your living room as they make the space feel lighter. Would you be able to share where you custom made these rattan chairs?

My bathroom's LED light literally blew 4 weeks after moving in. It was some Sunshine brand. Replaced with Osram and has been working well ever since.

Got my chairs at Chun Mee Lee Rattan Furniture at bukit merah lane 1. U google will see.

On 10/21/2019 at 9:50 AM, andotang said:

It's been quite some time since I last updated.

I have to change the aircon drain pipe design, it was bad by default. Couldn't clean the area behind the pipe where it touches the floor, black bacterial start building and climbing around the pvc cover, you can see those black bacterial lines on the left and right of the pvc cover.

ZLeak29.jpg.3269eb27ab943a146d0ccedb0b9a492a.jpg

Paid $90 to modify this. Lesson learned is not to allow the pipe to go all the way down to your shower floor.

ZLeak30.jpg.ac2c8b2967629dac50073ff9755b7aa5.jpg

I also custom made 2 new rattan chair. The dark brown version was retail version which I feel a white one would make my living room brighter and nicer. Also another reason to custom make so that I can make it lower so i can push the chair under my sitoca table. Unfortunately the maker still make it too high which I think is too trousblesome for him to shave of 1.5cm off the 4 leg base. So I accept it. Do you feel white is better?

ZLeak31.jpg.1d5d12092d1760280157b7bc6ea16901.jpg

Another reason to custom is this binding rattan which cut my trousers, so I had him replace with mini nails. So now I have 4 rattan chair in my mini house. 2 lives in the bombshelter stacked up.

ZLeak32.jpg.62e3c257d057191f4c224211532fb81b.jpg

Do you mind if your opposite neighbour throw their rubbish out at night and only clear it 9am when they go to work? I was quite mindful about ants and cockroach will come.....as long as no food material I think is ok, still I feel one should take the effort just throw it down the chute immediately.

I have my first light bulb spoil after 4 years. I have a total of 13 Philips hue bulb, one finally failed, it still can work, just not able to show white light, so it become pink light by default when i turn it on. I have all Gen 1 bulb, will replace it with Gen 3 as long as they start failing. Philips hue bulb was suppose to last a long time, well I will see how long the other 12 bulb can last. I wonder how often you guys need to change your led bulb after you moved in? Does anyone have your led light fail within 5 years?

Are these chairs are comfortable for sitting?

On 11/26/2019 at 2:15 AM, vijay370995 said:

Are these chairs are comfortable for sitting?

I used rattan chair cos I have used ikea and leather chair which after few years gets so dirty with black patches probably due to sweat and dirt and leather seat will flake off or sweaty if don't turn on aircon. With rattan its more airy on my thigh. I sit with a pillow to support my back and it's the best option i have so far. Compared to those $600 computer chair which only last 2 years before leather start flaking.... my investment last longer on rattan.

On 1/15/2020 at 2:27 PM, SuperZ said:

@andotang, a different question (other than renovation) for you. I see that your place is near the Expressway. Can you hear the night at night? Does it affect your sleep?

I am guessing you are referring to noise on the expressway at night. It's very noisy. You can hear traffic noise even on morning peak hour. However my house is air tight, I closed all windows and only open to let some fresh air in if the inside air is too warm. Reason being the wind is so strong at my block and the dust level is too much for me to handle, if I open for long time, everything in my house get dusty, it gets into everywhere.  So I closed all windows and used ceiling fan and bought a xiao mi air purifier. It's amazing to see how fast the air get dirty if you let outside air in from the air filter reading. The HDB windows is pretty good in blocking out noise, It block out 98 percent of noise for me and i cannot even hear anything even if heavy rain outside. The only place the outside air can leak into my house is from the gap under the main door, so I used a towel to block it and black dust formed on the towel after a week.  In short, the answer to your question is, very noisy,  closing windows solved it.

@andotang, thank you for sharing and giving a candid opinion on staying near expressway. Is it that dusty staying near expressway or dusty in general? As for the dust coming in from the gap under the main door, I think you can buy a rubber strip (to be fixed at the bottom of the door) that to block out the dusty air.

It is good to know that HDB windows can block out 98% of the noise because my coming BTO place will be near expressway. So I take it that you can sleep well at night at the noise level with window closed?

I appreciate your thoughts.

On 5/7/2017 at 6:58 PM, andotang said:

Living room fan. i was surprise the attached LED daylight is very bright. Added another alternative lighting option to my living room

Hi, would you say that the fan LED light alone would be sufficient to light up, say 80-90% of your living room if the fan were to be centrally located?

On 9/6/2020 at 12:00 AM, apperceive said:

Hi, would you say that the fan LED light alone would be sufficient to light up, say 80-90% of your living room if the fan were to be centrally located?

For the living room of my size i would say it is more then sufficient, actually it is too bright that i don't turn on high for long time, the light on the fan have 3 settings and medium is preferred for me.