Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
andotang

2 Room Bto Themeless With Philips Hue Lighting

Thank you for the confirmation of the fan lights. I am using a LED ceiling light in my current room, which happens to be the same size as the living room in the 2 room BTO (45sqm). I too find it super bright. Glad to know that there are 3 adjustable light settings in the KDK fan.

One more question, I realize that your layout does not allow for a  convenient location (ie, behind the door or at some unused corner near the main door) to place a shoe rack in the living room. Is your shoe storage in the storage cabinets built along the bathroom/living room wall as pictured below?

Thank you for being active here and still answering questions 4 yrs on!

On 2/29/2016 at 5:00 PM, andotang said:

Before and After - Part 3

YBef4After12.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 9/12/2020 at 10:17 AM, apperceive said:

Thank you for the confirmation of the fan lights. I am using a LED ceiling light in my current room, which happens to be the same size as the living room in the 2 room BTO (45sqm). I too find it super bright. Glad to know that there are 3 adjustable light settings in the KDK fan.

One more question, I realize that your layout does not allow for a  convenient location (ie, behind the door or at some unused corner near the main door) to place a shoe rack in the living room. Is your shoe storage in the storage cabinets built along the bathroom/living room wall as pictured below?

Thank you for being active here and still answering questions 4 yrs on!

OCarpentry7.jpg.0a079ff39d8409a1c39b030062401a78.jpgPStore3.jpg.56cf97f67338e7b8dc131b9204c3da2b.jpg

You are right that i design the bottom part of that cabinet to store our shoes thus the 5 tier shelving but end up didn't keep any shoes in there as got a lot of other stuff to keep so that cabinet ended up as storage space for all other stuff as that cabinet is the only space we can keep stuff. I also design the rack in the bomb shelter to be a shoes rack to keep our shoes in boxes and filled the rack with many pairs of shoes. I have a shoes rack outside my main door for common use slipper. My daily wearing shoes is kept under that cabinet u mentioned which is why i leave a space at the bottom. I also keep some slipper below my kitchen windows.  My only advice to you is beware of dust, it is my biggest enemy. My place is windy and the amount of dust that comes into the house even though all my windows is shut 98% of the time. The dust goes into your aircon, your computer, your cabinet. So plan whether you are gonna keep windows opened a lot then you have to keep minimum item in your house that attract dust. Keep every surface easy for cleaning the dust in the air.

On 9/14/2020 at 4:36 AM, andotang said:

My only advice to you is beware of dust, it is my biggest enemy. My place is windy and the amount of dust that comes into the house even though all my windows is shut 98% of the time. The dust goes into your aircon, your computer, your cabinet. So plan whether you are gonna keep windows opened a lot then you have to keep minimum item in your house that attract dust. Keep every surface easy for cleaning the dust in the air.

Thank you for the advice. Regarding the dust situation, I wonder if it is due to ongoing construction near your place or are you situated near some busy roads perhaps? Or is this situation peculiar to high rise windy apartments? Anyway, I will be opting for mostly closed cabinets and minimal glass/window surfaces for easy cleaning.

On 9/14/2020 at 4:36 AM, andotang said:

You are right that i design the bottom part of that cabinet to store our shoes thus the 5 tier shelving but end up didn't keep any shoes in there as got a lot of other stuff to keep so that cabinet ended up as storage space for all other stuff as that cabinet is the only space we can keep stuff. I also design the rack in the bomb shelter to be a shoes rack to keep our shoes in boxes and filled the rack with many pairs of shoes. I have a shoes rack outside my main door for common use slipper. My daily wearing shoes is kept under that cabinet u mentioned which is why i leave a space at the bottom. I also keep some slipper below my kitchen windows.  My only advice to you is beware of dust, it is my biggest enemy. My place is windy and the amount of dust that comes into the house even though all my windows is shut 98% of the time. The dust goes into your aircon, your computer, your cabinet. So plan whether you are gonna keep windows opened a lot then you have to keep minimum item in your house that attract dust. Keep every surface easy for cleaning the dust in the air.

I am willing to take the dust with your view and wind man!

On 10/21/2019 at 12:20 PM, andotang said:

It's been quite some time since I last updated.

I have to change the aircon drain pipe design, it was bad by default. Couldn't clean the area behind the pipe where it touches the floor, black bacterial start building and climbing around the pvc cover, you can see those black bacterial lines on the left and right of the pvc cover.

ZLeak29.jpg.3269eb27ab943a146d0ccedb0b9a492a.jpg

Paid $90 to modify this. Lesson learned is not to allow the pipe to go all the way down to your shower floor.

was just wondering what the white pipes in your pic as I saw there were 2 at the bottom near the floor drainage and 1 at the top near the water heater in your toilet pics? at first I thought it was a discharge pipe for the aircon but u had a seperate pipe done...

On 3/20/2021 at 7:18 PM, WarriorBunny said:

was just wondering what the white pipes in your pic as I saw there were 2 at the bottom near the floor drainage and 1 at the top near the water heater in your toilet pics? at first I thought it was a discharge pipe for the aircon but u had a seperate pipe done...

The bottom pipe is just a go thru pipe by HDB for what reason I not sure, probably some emergency drainage, I attached a pic.2013194438_Pipeout.jpg.249b401d94134cccc44a78dbc4ff04b8.jpg

So much rubbish dropped onto my aircon ledge, very frustrating. Buying a long rubbish picker can solve but troublesome to keep the picker, waste space.

64829829_Heaterpipe.jpg.d5373ff215d8fba21ccda4bd6cead314.jpg

The top pipe u mentioned comes with HDB and I think it is because some water heater needed the discharge pipe, it just goes to the floor straight down, however I prefer it to go straight down the drainage and since i am doing a overlay of flooring, i made a copper pipe extension which hide under the tiles and goes to the drainage, my heater does have a small pipe which they just insert it inside without sealing, it is just a discharge pipe for them to drain water for cleaning the drum i think

.AMG.jpg.11c8e64cd6cb6b7aa332515648bc768b.jpg

I also realised the black mould on the silicon of the aircon piping cover cannot be remove even if I shrub very hard with anything cleaner. Need to buy silicon mold cleaner to get the black stuff off. I got it from supersteam which sell very useful cleaning stuff at affordable price. I love their Ultra33+ wash cloths, cheap at $10.70 for 10 and very absorbing. Ultra88 at $2 each for cleaning glass, I dry dry clean my shower mirror and all the watermark is gone even though the cloth is dry it is able to remove all watermark. Buy it if you getting some stuff from them. I also bought magic bright 503 from them which remove the limescale stain on my shower tiles which I have trouble cleaning. Very strong cleaner which is bad if u touch marble or granite will damage it but gets all floor stain on tiles very clean.

119694609_UltraCloths.jpg.89f1269256e9570aed44d29ba466236d.jpg

Edited by andotang

• Like 1

On 3/23/2021 at 11:46 AM, andotang said:

The bottom pipe is just a go thru pipe by HDB for what reason I not sure, probably some emergency drainage, I attached a pic.2013194438_Pipeout.jpg.249b401d94134cccc44a78dbc4ff04b8.jpg

So much rubbish dropped onto my aircon ledge, very frustrating. Buying a long rubbish picker can solve but troublesome to keep the picker, waste space.

64829829_Heaterpipe.jpg.d5373ff215d8fba21ccda4bd6cead314.jpg

The top pipe u mentioned comes with HDB and I think it is because some water heater needed the discharge pipe, it just goes to the floor straight down, however I prefer it to go straight down the drainage and since i am doing a overlay of flooring, i made a copper pipe extension which hide under the tiles and goes to the drainage, my heater does have a small pipe which they just insert it inside without sealing, it is just a discharge pipe for them to drain water for cleaning the drum i think

.AMG.jpg.11c8e64cd6cb6b7aa332515648bc768b.jpg

I also realised the black mould on the silicon of the aircon piping cover cannot be remove even if I shrub very hard with anything cleaner. Need to buy silicon mold cleaner to get the black stuff off. I got it from supersteam which sell very useful cleaning stuff at affordable price. I love their Ultra33+ wash cloths, cheap at $10.70 for 10 and very absorbing. Ultra88 at $2 each for cleaning glass, I dry dry clean my shower mirror and all the watermark is gone even though the cloth is dry it is able to remove all watermark. Buy it if you getting some stuff from them. I also bought magic bright 503 from them which remove the limescale stain on my shower tiles which I have trouble cleaning. Very strong cleaner which is bad if u touch marble or granite will damage it but gets all floor stain on tiles very clean.

119694609_UltraCloths.jpg.89f1269256e9570aed44d29ba466236d.jpg

oh I see.... wow thanks for the update of the pipes as well as the great cleaning recommendations.... nice!

so I guess if one does not use a water tank heater but normal instant heater, probably that pipe up there can be used for the aircon discharge actually? if so, like that dun need extra trunking down

On 6/8/2021 at 10:28 PM, ClarissaY said:

Hi @andotang, so how did you remove those rubbishs at the aircon ledge? Can advise? 

Thanks in advance. 

I bought this for $2 from neighbourhood household store. Some sell almost $10. But I believe below $3 can be easily found. Can pick up items very well.

ZLeak33.jpg.10aec5587b213b849fddcdafea873650.jpg