Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
andotang

2 Room Bto Themeless With Philips Hue Lighting

Hi Andotang

May I know how much it cost to extend the 2 walls outside your bathroom, also the cost & contact for the metal drain cover? TIA

Costing of wall PM-ed. Metal drain cover I end up didn't use his service but if you have small custom metal work you can contact him. PM-ed too.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

BLUM Urban Kitchen

Finally the day arrived for my kitchen to be installed by blum appointed contractor. They are very nice people all the way from start to finish, overseeing everything to be perfectly installed. I only engage them to do my kitchen, other carpentry in the house all taken care by my ID.

Hinges and drawers. Drawer comes with adjustable front panel to ensure perfect leveling with each other.

Installation in progress.
They work from 10am to 630pm, finally completed and sky is dark, took this photo right after they finish with a temporary light. The 2 shelves panel is not blum, but using same laminate. It is charged seperately by the contractor as not a blum parts. Didn't box up the pipe as I am fine with it and no point wasting money on carpentry that I cannot use the space for storage. If I go for normal carpentry I will probably box it up as they are full height cabinet up to ceiling, this blum not full height and my laminate is expensive, to box it up will cost a lot.
I have not yet peel off the laminate protectors so you are seeing a lot of blue here. My actual laminate is high glossy pearl white with silvery powder. Plan to use this drawer to keep washing detergent for washing machine so I do not have anything lying around the floor.
Before and after pic. Contractor say this is a special design as nobody do L shape like this due to the concealed waterpipe, their usual L shape is full depth, mine half depth on the L only. If you see my previous pic I put a counter dustbin right beside the basin, this shallow L shape allow me to still access the space below the dustbin. Normal full L shape they build a 45degree drawer which got a lot of wasted space due to corner.
This is a not my kitchen but from the same floorplan as my unit, I feel the stove too close to the fridge and I don't want a hood, this is how I come out with my L shape design in a tiny kitchen. Cooking too close to fridge is dangerous. It is not without compromise, I have to sacrifice my table height just to fit the washing machine under the countertop. Washing machine is standard 850mm. Therefore my countertop is 90cm height, slightly higher then usual. If don't do L shape, the space beside the washing machine a bit wasted and lesser table space. I also don't want to have so many things on top of my washing machine.
I tried taking photo of my white laminate but no able to see the effect, just look like all white on photo. My laminate got the same silver powdery effect like this hitachi fridge that I am going to buy.
And then nightmare comes, the fridge need a 10cm clearance from back wall, I use a cupboard here to illustrate the back of fridge which I only put about 6cm, the front is the yellow measuring tape...and I realised the hitachi fridge with a depth of 720mm is too big, protrude out too much from wall as you can see from the wall in the picture. This affect my shoulder to shoulder allowance to walk pass the fridge to enter kitchen. Really too small, as such, I have to look for another fridge with preferably 600mm depth so it doesn't protrude. However those 600mm one are really small fridge like 200-250l and very low height, will look ugly if gap too big on top. Currently my ideal choice is a Panasonic NR-BL347P with a depth of 611mm and almost 300l capacity.

Will update another round of picture when my granite top is installed and that blue laminate protector peeled off.

Fisher & Paykel Integrated fridge.

Fisher-Paykel_RB60V18_FP_Insitu_230-copy

Bombshelter Rack

I choosed a slim profile metal rack instead of wood panel as I don't like the wooden smell in the bombshelter lingering all year round. Custom made to size.

PStore1.jpg

Kept a gap on the left side for tall item like ladder and ironing board.

PStore2.jpg

Right side will be used as shoe rack, custom size so it flush with entrance wall.

PStore3.jpg

Far view from outside.

PStore4.jpg

Bird eye view?

PStore5.jpg

Using the granite from the cut out of kitchen sink to make 2 shampoo shelf in shower area.

PStore6.jpg

Hopefully enough space to use for me and mrs.

PStore7.jpg

Edited by andotang
replace all missing pic, somehow the blog mess up all my posted pic

Bombshelter Rack

Using the granite from the cut out of kitchen sink to make 2 shampoo shelf in shower area.

Hopefully enough space to use for me and mrs.

Can ask how ur contractor did this? Did they cut ur tile and slot in or just silicon/cement to ur tile?

Can ask how ur contractor did this? Did they cut ur tile and slot in or just silicon/cement to ur tile?

Yup need to cut a groove on the tile and slot in else cannot take the weight.

Lights and Heater Installed.

All my lights is installed but I cannot change the color yet as I didn't bring my router to the new house yet. Still got a lightstripe not yet install in my cabinet.

2 x E27 hue pendant in the back for hue effect.

QLight1.jpg

This I use a 13w E27 daylight for normal usage everyday.

QLight2.jpg

Kitchen Light, as my kitchen is long shape so I get a long adjustable light, can put 5 x E27 bulb but I only put in 4 x 7W bulb.

QLight3.jpg

Bedroom platform lightstripe. Hard to replace next time so hopefully don't spoil so soon. Because this lightstripe comes with normal 3 pin plug and a controller for hue so it doesn't install like those usual one color lightstripe.

QLight4.jpg

E27 downlight from Philips, no need worry about replacing drivers or bits and pieces of false ceiling dropping down while you change the drivers. This light is direct connect and can say as never spoil, only the bulb will spoil which you just need to screw out and replace easily. All this convenient for just $10 exclude bulb.

QLight5.jpg

E27 Pendant light for dining table. Using 13W daylight bulb for everyday usage. Hopefully light will not cast shadow onto the ceiling fan.

QLight6.jpg

Close up view of Philips downlight on ceiling pillar carpentry.

QLight7.jpg

Toilet light and T5 in box up.

QLight8.jpg

My heater is installed and it is a perfect fit due to the slim and long design.

QLight9.jpg

Will post my granite top next.

Edited by andotang

Granite Top and Blum Hinges

Granite top for vanity installed, dropped my first choice of Black Galaxy as it doesn't turn out as good as those displayed in showroom, the glittering bits too little on actual piece as compared to showroom. So I got Imperial Black instead without looking at actual sample. Am satisfied with what was installed although the Imperial Black seems different from those in Soon Bee Huat showroom.

Vanity top with a tall mixer tap.

RGranite1.jpg

Kitchen top with build in dustbin.

RGranite2.jpg

Using counter top stove for cooking.

RGranite3.jpg

Blum Hinges for side opening door panel.

RGranite4.jpg

Blum Hinges for lift up top opening cabinet.

RGranite5.jpg

Drawer track for the 3 drawers.

RGranite6.jpg

Hinges for cabinet above the fridge. Press to open. Flip up type.

RGranite7.jpg

My cabinet in bedroom and living room should be using Blum hinges too but they don't even have the Blum word on it and looks cheapo. Gonna check with ID what kind of blum hinges are those.

Edited by andotang

Wow, you are making good progress on your renovation. :good:

Just curious:

(a) Are you using the same granite for your vanity top and kitchen counter?

(b) Is your stove top the portable kind?

Edited by 2Roomer

Wow, you are making good progress on your renovation. :good:

Just curious:

(a) Are you using the same granite for your vanity top and kitchen counter?

(b) Is your stove top the portable kind?

a) yes using same for both.

b) yes can move around with rubber suction cup below cost about $50.

Are you concealing your heater?

No. I just want it to hug the ceiling as high as possible. you see the grove on the wall where i run my aircon pipe. If using fat storage heater will cover the aircon pipe.

a) yes using same for both.

b) yes can move around with rubber suction cup below cost about $50.

A portable cooker is a good way to maximise counter space in that long & narrow kitchen, you have the option to store it in your kitchen cabinet if you don't cook often.

On 20/10/2015 at 0:15 AM, Donno said:

Hi

Mind sharing where you bot the green cover lighting in post #82? I am looking for something like this too.

I got it for $55 from Philips toa payoh showroom.

SLamp1.jpg

Maybe you are interested in this green pendant too? No light leakage as compared to philips. I woud have bought this if I see it earlier then the philips.

SLamp2.jpg

Edited by andotang