Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
arturobinewski

It Came From The 80's.....

Wow! Where did you get the Exit sign?? Loving the bits of the house I'm seeing, so bold and colourful! And to be able to keep within your budget!

I'm only getting my keys in March so still some time to go for us!

Believe it or not, I spotted it where I bought my kitchen wall lights, in a box of garbage waiting to be carted out! I asked the guy if it was still working and he said my electrician should be able to hook it up. apparently, they were about to discard it after dismantling it from some factory space. So, lucky Mr Exit-Sign got a new lease of life :wub: If you're looking for one as well, here's a website I googled where you can purchase locally: http://www.viclite.com/exit.htm

Yes!! because of my tight budget, I was not able to do a lot of the heavy stuff, so the only way I could recreate the feel was through color and form. Having said that, if I had the money I would so love to get an EM, just like yours!! Super envious!!! lol

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hello!

I have finished my reno and moved in. Been staying at my place for about 6 months!

You can check my t-blog. Just search under kaisermisaki.

Kaiser, your place is awesome-ly done up! Feels so cosy and I can so identify with your marble craving... I saw some really pretty marble kitchen accessories in Crate & Barrel over the weekend.. hope they'll still be there after Xmas. I missed out on CB2's marble wall shelves because I "tuu" too long... now they're all gone! :~

Love the exit sign, and love it even more that you effectively thrifted/are upcycling/recycling it! :good:

Amazing the kind of colours you are putting in!

Haha EM also have EM woes, mostly the reno cost is so much higher (not to mention the cost of the place) but I think us EM owners still love them. :sport-smiley-018: Can't wait to see the rest of your place!

We all learn everyday and "Thanks" to you, arturobinewski, I learn something new -- Memphis Movement. *paiseh*.

Such an interesting concept and I am certain, with so much of your love and interest in Memphis Movement, it will be a beautiful home. Do post more pics! :good: :good: :good:

Hello! Thanks for the nice words!

I do like marble stuff. But it is a 'hard' material. Too much of it, makes the place cold. So need to balance it with other materials. That is why I also use a lot of teak wood furniture and some metal ones.

Well I would think stores may have post Christmas sales on Boxing Day! Perhaps what you want might be on further discount!!!

Kaiser, your place is awesome-ly done up! Feels so cosy and I can so identify with your marble craving... I saw some really pretty marble kitchen accessories in Crate & Barrel over the weekend.. hope they'll still be there after Xmas. I missed out on CB2's marble wall shelves because I "tuu" too long... now they're all gone! :~

We all learn everyday and "Thanks" to you, arturobinewski, I learn something new -- Memphis Movement. *paiseh*.

Such an interesting concept and I am certain, with so much of your love and interest in Memphis Movement, it will be a beautiful home. Do post more pics! :good: :good: :good:

Reiki, thanks for your encouragement! I'm glad you learnt something, and hope more people see the humour in Memphis! It's unfortunate that due to its lack of popularity, accessories and furniture are so difficult to find and the originals are too expensive to own.. :(

Love the exit sign and the pop color.

I also want to have each pop color so all room can have own themed but to bad my other half don't approve sia :bleah:

Hello! :D I know color (especially when permanent) is scary to many people - however, you can get around this just by adding subtle pops of color around your home with furniture and decorative items!

Here are just a few of the items I have painstakingly collected over time - honestly, I don't even know where some of them are going to go! I just buy & buy & buy, and keep & keep & keep..... :unsure:

VyEJVI.jpg

1smxNp.jpg

Anyone still remembers this skeleton phone? Gonna wall mount it!

db1iup.jpg

Some random lamps to scatter around the house....

JSeI2Y.jpg

zy8w0t.jpg

Nathalie Du Pasquier (for Hay) - cushions.

Du Pasquier was one of the original founding crew members for the Memphis Movement. Her specialty was, and clearly still is, in creating patterns!

ziZFrc.jpg

Vintage African tribal wool rug:

A68Epw.jpg

More Du Pasquier! Placemats from Aussie webstore "Third Drawer Down" - so happy with this, I bought them just after AUD plummeted below SGD :P

3nlTnC.jpg

Love your Exit sign. Is it placed at the main entrance and lighted when you want to signal to your friends that it is time for them to go off?

Hey mate! You have an awesome selection of items! Love them, especially the posters. They are posters or actual artworks?

Enjoy!

Yesterday's Oops: The Door Handles

qy4NnFI.jpg

So we know that some doors in our homes open left, and others open right. For most door knob sets these days, it's simply a matter of just flipping the latch assembly and striker (innards) to face the way your handle turns. Well apparently, not so simple for mine.. Sigh. They need a different set, in mirror image. Usually the door people will know what to bring over but in this case, my doors and door handles were from 2 different shops. So yup, only half of my room doors have handles now, and will have to wait till someone gets a replacement this week. Bummer. :(

Meantime, nail positioning for wall pictures. Historically, i am really bad at this. I'm certain some will end up off centre *sob*

AL0mXDv.jpg
5FZgAMn.jpg
DK8qcAR.jpg0RNLTLZ.jpg

Moving a post about aircon boxing from Lazyfatcat007's t-blog:

Ks Toh, on 23 Dec 2015 - 11:09 AM, said:

snapback.png

I do not understand at all why you need this huge box. At most, you just need to box up the trunking, but the trunking is not that big. what is inside??? Do you have a picture showing the contents of the box?

Can you take a bigger picture of the wall showing the aircon blower and the trunking?

sarah833, on 23 Dec 2015 - 11:17 AM, said:snapback.png

You can't have full length curtain with that thick box below the window!

Perhaps you can consider doing some storage solution next to the white box to make it look like a long stretch of storage area under the window. Wont be such an eyesore

Posted Today, 02:13 PM

FH8QbN.jpg

wXmtSz.jpg

Ks Toh, on 23 Dec 2015 - 11:52 AM, said:snapback.png

I think the painted trunking on the right of the picture is also aircon trunking. It should be possible to lower the pipes to the same height (i.e. just above the ground) so at most you end up with a much reduced __| box that hugs the edge?

Lazyfatcat007, on 23 Dec 2015 - 1:53 PM, said:snapback.png

Art, why your cables so big? How many trunking in total? Coming from both sides of the room?