Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
arturobinewski

It Came From The 80's.....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Oh gosh your place looks amazing! Extremely unique and very very nice now! Congrats on moving in as well!

I am so envious that you are so artistic. I would love to have someone draw on my brick wall ...

Both of you are too sweet! Thanks for the kind words :)

Lux, you should try painting a wall on your own! Very therapeutic and i think a dark gradient wash is simple to do, and will look great on raw brick *thumbs up*

Happy 2016! In between settling in, touching up, unpacking plus all the festivities, i've hardly had time to update this blog! There are still some minor works to be done, furniture to buy etc.

Nevertheless, here are some photos of a house we're trying to make the best of...

KITCHEN

txlX6lN.jpg

Just painted one side of the aircon boxing. Working on the front panel now :)

ylzI5T8.jpg

What a lovely sight! :) .. Those cats and the painted aircon boxing. Thumbs up. :)

i see that you don't have window grills for your cats, won't they jump out the window? i tot of keeping one but i don't really want my house to feel like a cage with grills for cats...

i see that you don't have window grills for your cats, won't they jump out the window? i tot of keeping one but i don't really want my house to feel like a cage with grills for cats...

Hi Foxy, thanks for dropping in!

I do have grilles over my windows, just that they aren't up yet (see the black wrought iron pieces under the window?) :) Having said that, some cats know naturally not to do a Mary Poppins on you if they register that the drop is too high for them to handle.

An alternative you may consider if you don't want to feel "caged-in" would be to install magnetic insect screens over your window frames - cost effective and virtually invisible unless you get really up close.

Here are some pics taken from - http://magneticinsectscreen.blogspot.sg/

9ERJf8.jpg
2e0XPd.jpg
P76xeX.jpg

Pretty neat huh? ;)

Good luck and I do hope you end up taking in a cat as well!

Super funky! Love the eclectic mish-mash of colors you have going on. We have a cat and we're planning to adopt a few more...my heart goes out to those kitties! But they'll be fine, cats are much more resilient than they look :D

wow.. I am a cat feeder and has about 15 cats on hand and a few are really friendly, wanting to be pat and play before meals. I always feel sorry for them especially during this rainy season when they come out from their hiding place all drench. Kudos for adopting... well done and the world can do with more kind hearted souls

Super funky! Love the eclectic mish-mash of colors you have going on. We have a cat and we're planning to adopt a few more...my heart goes out to those kitties! But they'll be fine, cats are much more resilient than they look :D

haha ya.... so glad you went the adoption route, i always feed those strays whenever i see them, sometimes they come up to my hse on the 11th flr,lol...

Now there's a concept! Love how everything turned out...congrats on following through with the look throughout the whole house! I'm thinking of adopting a cat too for our new home (we had one for 18 years before he passed away a year ago T_T) but scared my leather couch will be turned into a cat playground D=

xx Warm, Earthy, and a Little Bohemian xx

Edited by hellofromanotherside

Reading nook
87xp4s1.jpg

Will be back with more pics!

Hey arturobinewski! May I know where did you get your leather sling lounge chair from? CB2 is selling them, but waiting time is more than 6 months!

Reading nook

87xp4s1.jpg

Will be back with more pics!

Hey arturobinewski! May I know where did you get your leather sling lounge chair from? CB2 is selling them, but waiting time is more than 6 months!

Hi Berried, the butterfly chair is from Comfort Furniture!! But they only have it in brown (and a note if you're particular about this: unfortunately, not real leather), I know CB2 has it in Black too :)