Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi guys, I'm in the process on getting start on doing a full renovation of my 5bedder resale....and i've been reading lots on this forum and looking at pictures for ideas.

And I would like some help on this because its my first time getting involved in such things.

1) Do you guys know anyone interior designers that are in the mid to high end? Just so I can compare prices. (You can PM)

2) What do you really ask these Interior designers, I mean, I have ideas on what I want my rooms to look like, by showing them pictures of stuff I've seen on the internet, so I don't know if I should be going through the interior designers in the first place? Or do Interior designers try to make my idea even better?

3) Am I right to say that each time you get a design from a Interior designer you are paying $500 - $1000 each ID? because some of you have looked at 3-5 IDs that means you spend on each one of them?

4) Does the ID contact their own contractors to do the works? Or can I ask them to use my own contractor?

Thanks so much everyone

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, Renotalk is currently having a Scandinavian themed fair at Toa Payoh HDB Atrium from 21st Sept - 24th Sept from 10am - 10pm. This fair features interior designer firms and home decor merchants as well as professional talk shows & stand a chance to win in our lucky draw! Do drop by for consultation as well.

Hi all, just wanted to share my renovation experience. Going through the process has been a real eye-opener for my husband and I. The short-listing process, the design process, the material selection process ... it really got quite tiring after a while. But thank God for our ID - who also has real hands-on construction experience - who is helping us to achieve our dream home step-by-step. As I am still half-way in the process, I can't comment on the carpentry work. But if you are looking for a responsible and meticulous ID, I think you can give my ID a try. His tiling work stunned us ... I'm not sure how long it usually takes to complete the tiling process ... but ours took a good three to four days. I was really happy with the result when I saw how seamlessly the tiles were placed. We have just completed our ceiling and we are equally impressed! If you are interested, drop me a message at floracheong93@gmail.com. I will see if my id wants to link up with you.