Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
farisj07

Kitchen Cabinet Base

Hi all. Will like to seek opinions on kitchen cabinet base. To fix or not to fix. Some say as long as you don wash n hose down the kitchen, no base is okay. Besdies the water issue, wat other issues should b considered if one decides not to fix the base.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I myself fix the kitchen base for acting as a support for my heavy item like plate and pot etc, my last house having suspended kitchen cabinet which is trendy for last time but using wise I dun recommend cause it is not steady when u do chopping or heavy action stuff for cooking.

But do ensure your contractor doing the correct step of building the base. Egs if you place a brick on the tile floor, it easily move able acting as an add on only. I do understand during the building of the base they need to mix the 2in1 concrete screed, adding a black bottle chemical name cement hardener, add water and the whole mixture become more sticky and they will lay on the area you intend to build your base and start doing sand casting. The end result will harden and stick onto you allocated floor to provide a more secure base. My last hdb base was having gap in between the base and the tile area which I think it's an add on instead of the proper constructing of base as mention above. Hope this help

Having a cabinet base is only for easier care. So that when you wash your kitchen, water would not touch your cabinet doors. Some prefer having cabinet legs but you will need to mop under the cabinet and sometimes its tiring

From an aunty who has designed two of her own kitchens. Do you do a lot of cooking? Full, heavy cooking, not instant noodles or reheating of food. If you do, please have a concrete base. If not, you can opt for aesthetic sense and go with the cabinets with legs.