Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi guys and girls!

New here to the forum and i do thank God that there's such a resource (although uncomfortably too massive!!) for homeowners old and new, like me, to seek knowledge and advice.

Nevetherless, I've collected my keys to a 4-room BTO (93sqm) @ Sengkang region and right from the start, wifey and i have settled to slowly build up our house over the years, only planning to do up the necessities; kitchen, flooring, paintings, ceilings, MBR pole-system wardrobe.

What we've secured so far is the materials for flooring (Rhino Vinyl) and paints, which will be manually installed by a relative and myself. :)

Now we're scratching our head as to what would be a reasonable quote for these:

1) Kitchen cabinet (1 side top+bottom, 1 side bottom only)

2) Partial hacking of a dining & kitchen wall to create a bar top

3) Installation of window grilles for the whole house except foyer (middle section only)

4) x2 track lighting (1 purposed for TV console area, 1 purposed for art gallery wall)

5) pole-system wardrobe with enclosure and a single full length mirror door in MBR

Pretty much that's all... I've received a shocking quote (which i'm quite wary although i'm not sure as i'm new) of about s$3.5k just for the kitchen cabinet alone and s$1.1k, s$1.6k, s$1.8k for Solid surface, Granite top and Quartz top respectively.

Any advice?

Edited by SyncGuy

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Guest Vicki Goh

Yes the price is about there.

My lowest quote for cabinet is S$3640. Granite = S$1980 and Quartz = S$1995 but i choose kompacplus top instead.

so consider yours are pretty good.

Edited by Vicki Goh

I see.... Thank you for sharing your experience Vicki!

Looks like it can't get any cheaper than that, else we're risking compromise on quality, right?

Hmm....

Got some quotes from a few IDs but alamak..... Dunno why the quotation includes other unneeded stuffs, as if I'm renovating the whole house despite informing them what I only need.. All in all, average range $10k.... -_-"..

Guest Vicki Goh

I did manage to get some from IDs as low as S$3360 too. Maybe you can ask for contractor instead of ID as the price will be lower if from contractor.

I am also 4 room BTO but normal package usually are the basic stuffs that are needed so S$10 to S$15k for the range is correct.

As I can see that you are hacking partial wall + bar top as well so the cost might need to add up another S$2k too.

I see.... Understood!

Anyway, I think I've read somewhere that HDB permits does not require any form of fees or charges. Is that right?

Coz if so, why then do quotes include permit fees?

Guest Vicki Goh

Either they charge you or they put into hacking fees + touch up.

For example for my case which hack half wall:

1) XXX ID = Hacking fee (S$600) + make new wall (S$800) so total is S$1400 (Notice that some HDB licensed ID quote me this way)

2) xxxx ID = Hacking fee (S$700) + permit fee (S$350) + touch up (S$100) so total is S$1150 (Some maybe Non HDB licensed ID quote this way)

However some IDs told me that new BTO can ask HDB contractor to hack and pay direct to them which including permit fee range about S$700 to S$1500.

So you can check with HDB contractor to do for you maybe will cheaper as no markup since yours also BTO flat.

Rgds

Vicki

Edited by Vicki Goh

I am doing my kitchen cabinet as well, same as yr

1side top/bottom 1 set bottom only

I got my quote at top $110/pfr bottom $120pfr

My is from contractors so not much of fancied design.

Which sengkang project u from i from rivergrove

Edited by forkel