Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ahyong81

4Rm Resale Hdb Flat - A Bachelor Man Cave (Theme - Minimalist)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Renovation Journal (Daily) - Day 3

3rd and final day of hacking - Clearing of remaining debris

20150829_090655_zps4qyhabpg.jpg

633508d8-866d-4278-adce-d13572660659_zps

Below is the kitchen pipe, looks scary.

20150829_191018_zpsbj80h1pb.jpg

Edited by Ahyong81

Renovation Journal (Daily) - Day 4

The first 3 days are hacking and removal of debris. Day 4 - tiles and material in. The entire house electrical wiring has been removed as well.

20150831_171138_zpsepjjf1te.jpg

20150831_171024_zpsqciujvql.jpg

20150831_170954_zpsluecu2zh.jpg

Edited by Ahyong81

Lol me too, anyway i shifted the toilet bowl position, instead of having it right at the end, to be at the front for a better layout. My id also design a siting area since need to build a structure low wall to hide the piping.

It will be like when i am bathing, if i lazy to stand, i can sit and bath... lol super lazy...

Hi. Can check w you how did u change ur toilet bowl position? I was told that toilet bowl position cannot be shifted. I can only rotate the facing of the bowl.

Edit:

Saw ur pictures. Does this mean u will increase floor height to cover the piping or u have to buy specific toilet bowl only?

Edited by hc28

Hi. Can check w you how did u change ur toilet bowl position? I was told that toilet bowl position cannot be shifted. I can only rotate the facing of the bowl.

Edit:

Saw ur pictures. Does this mean u will increase floor height to cover the piping or u have to buy specific toilet bowl only?

You can shift the position by changing the connector type. There are the p type and s type connector, sure can be done, you must buy the type of wc which will have to suspend and install to the wall and must create a allowance for the water tank to be install. The cost of such wc normally will be higher then those normal type by 300 to 500 dollars in price.

Cant increase the floor height, there is a guideline to follow. And wc waste pipe are not allowed to be concealed under the floor tiles.

Its kinda hard to explain but once the actual thing is install, i will post photos to show how its done. A picture speak a thousand words.

Edited by Ahyong81

You can try Legrand, Schneider... many hardware shops do carry these brands.. for those retro old school or industrial theme, MK brand has this silver grey box/panel kind.

Day 20 into the renovation. The entire electrical wiring for the house completed. Awaiting the Aircon Piping, Optic Fiber Termination Point and Network cable to be install.

20150922_131042_zpsnychhota.jpg

Also choosing of some of the light switches and wall socket, however those are not the one I am really interested in getting.... Hai hard to find in Singapore.

Renovation Journal (Daily) - Day 5

1st layer of waterproofing screed at the master and common bathroom. Patching of the hacked walls or some sort.....

20150901_165138_zpsrg011bcc.jpg

Edited by Ahyong81

This is how the repositioning of the toilet bowl will be like when completed, this is the drawing and also the type of connector used.

IMG-20150923-WA0000_zpsvlnz9fw2.jpg

The drawing for the finished layout

IMG-20150923-WA0003_zps49czxsz7.jpg

IMG-20150923-WA0005_zpsfvpxnbsk.jpg

This is the pipe which extend out from the orginal wc hole.

IMG-20150923-WA0006_zpsdxdwvssl.jpg

This is where the new wc position and the water tank is located on the back.

Wow! A picture really speaks a thousand words. But wonder why those ids and contractors I spoke to told me cannot be done. Hmm.

Renovation Journal (Daily) - Day 8

The disgusting kitchen pipe changed, rubbish chute changed and more kitchen tiles laid :)

20150904_222238_zpsnkdylsjc.jpg

20150904_222440_zpslsyg86kc.jpg

20150904_222257_zpsb3ozagnp.jpg

Edited by Ahyong81

Ordered my first Taobao items from Sg shop.. The electrical lighting switch for the entire house. See how it goes....

The wait for shipped items is super frustrating man!! Hahaha! Wanna get them now!

Renovation Journal (Daily) - Day 9

The new windows are installed / hollow block wall are erected for masters and common room :)

20150907_170338_zpsvjtargln.jpg

20150907_170021_zpsjhqnrxqp.jpg

20150907_164809_zpss3rkzjlt.jpg

20150907_171025_zpsovtuyyjk.jpg

Edited by Ahyong81

The wait is ok, haha having some thing to look forward too can be rather motivating... :)

Everyday for the renovation i am looking forward to the day everything is in.

Ordering online, as long it will come, happy liao loh....

Will la. Mine all from 65Daigou, today also venture into Amazon. Haha!!

Buy small things more song.

You buy what switches? Did you check out the le grand ones locally? Don't like ah? :P