Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ahyong81

4Rm Resale Hdb Flat - A Bachelor Man Cave (Theme - Minimalist)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Renovation Journal (Daily) - Day 11

Continue from Day 10 works - The kitchen disgusting waste water pipe has been replaced with new pvc pipe.

20150909_173943_zpsdx1tpafd.jpg

20150909_174032_zpsyyekgxn7.jpg

Edited by Ahyong81

Can, i check the dimension and size already :), once my house is ready i will do a video tour. Finally a place to call my own, can start back my youtube channel. Music related video (guitar and keyboard)

Totally get it!

I also can start doing biz videos. :)

Jiayou!!

Renovation Journal (Daily) - Day 12

Waterproofing screed at the kitchen, hollow block wall cement screed and master bathroom tiles all up :)

20150910_173221_zpsablnfbyx.jpg

20150910_173106_zps62fli9mq.jpg

20150910_173048_zpsgauyfpbt.jpg

Edited by Ahyong81

• Like 1

The 3rd day of hacking.. Everything suppose to be hack are hacked and debris all cleared....Will be commencing tiling next :)

20150829_090705_zpsj9zajye8.jpg

20150829_090655_zpsg4jdkhqd.jpg

20150829_090532_zpsyyy7cjll.jpg

20150829_090516_zpsr0dutdgr.jpg

20150829_090459_zpsg3fjl9q9.jpg

Wow, that's fast? How many of them are working on it? :good:

You can try Legrand, Schneider... many hardware shops do carry these brands.. for those retro old school or industrial theme, MK brand has this silver grey box/panel kind.

Ya...mine is like that kind.

Ahyong, try Choo Chiang, which has a few outlets like near the Rochor police station in little India, or at Kallang/Bendemeer Rd side. Just google them. Mine were bought from there...the silver& black kind. I think if you look at some of my pics in my T-blogs, you can spot them (I didn't specifically take pictures of them). I found the pricing at Choo Chiang very good... But maybe that's cos I bought a lot. You can save about $2-3 per switch at CC, so I saved over $60 :notti:

Its good to have my own house after so called renting for nearly 10 years plus.

I know the feeling bro... I can't wait to turn 35 and to buy my own HDB! hehee.. Instead of spending thousands renting a month, or living under my parents' roof LOL.

Eh you do music too? What kind? I'm looking for someone to collab :jammin: Can PM me a link to your works? Thanks....

Renovation Journal (Daily) - Day 14

Screeding for living room in preparation for the living rooms tiles, however after placing a few of the living room tiles, the tilers told my ID that the tiles i choose might be exposed to scratches if they were to lay the tiles before false ceiling works.

So, the tiles was postpone to be lay after false ceiling works complete.

20150914_172934_zps2sz0wm0u.jpg

20150914_172856_zpsbv2zu9mv.jpg

Edited by Ahyong81

Renovation Journal (Daily) - Day 15

Since the living room tiles placement is on hold, going back to the kitchen tiles preparation works

20150915_190341_zpsx7lpv3e9.jpg

20150915_190334_zpskfmt6zhy.jpg

20150915_190320_zpszslxftq1.jpg

Edited by Ahyong81

Renovation Journal (Daily) - Day 16

Kitchen floor tiles are laid, preparation for master bathroom tiles and common bathroom tiles

20150916_164631_zpsdsxdlnof.jpg

20150916_145957_zpsfdgsp8nm.jpg

20150916_145902_zpsiouqvfbn.jpg

20150916_145845_zpsyqgcyb6b.jpg

Edited by Ahyong81

Hi ahyong,congrats on getting your own house!! Nice design u have! Looking forward to the completion...

Have a few questions :

1. May i know if u applied for renovation permit before u get your keys?

2. Thanks for sharing tips on how to switch the wc position..many told me can't be repositioned too... Will put that in mind and share with my iD to be..hehe

3.care to share tips on your choices of ID?

Thank you.

Hi ahyong,congrats on getting your own house!! Nice design u have! Looking forward to the completion...

Have a few questions :

1. May i know if u applied for renovation permit before u get your keys?

2. Thanks for sharing tips on how to switch the wc position..many told me can't be repositioned too... Will put that in mind and share with my iD to be..hehe

3.care to share tips on your choices of ID?

Thank you.

1) The permit was apply via the previous owner agreement to me as well, both of us sign the form to apply the permit. The previous owner as the current owner and I am the new owner after completion date, however the actual hacking was schedule only after the completion date.

2) Out of the 6 IDs that I have approached, only 2 told me that I can shift the WC, the rest all don't even bother to find out and straight say cannot. I have asked around from relatives and friends and they told me it can be done. It just that its harder to do it and i think those IDs or Contractors don't want to have extra work in the future if anything happen, thus they will say cannot be done.....

3) In regards to the IDs or Contractors, maybe later I will type about it once the renovation is completed.

Edited by Ahyong81

Btw your laundry system..can it be pushed out or meant for indoors??

Nope, Just up and down, don't need the push out type, since I have a dryer. :)

Edited by Ahyong81