Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ahyong81

4Rm Resale Hdb Flat - A Bachelor Man Cave (Theme - Minimalist)

Haha I would also have assumed the same thing... But makes sense also

Dont know electricity bill friendly or not lol. Although one small led, but imagine whole house add up lol.... will give review on my electical bill.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Renovation Journal (Daily) - Day 40

Entire house Light is up :) and my LED ambient cove light is up as well. All the LED light has 3 colour (Warm / Cool / Day ) to change the mood.

Master bedroom :) Left side is the two side walk in wardrobe

20151020_151410_zpsbdohpwwf.jpg

Living view to the study room and kitchen

20151020_222357_zps1ez4dial.jpg

Dining area lights

20151020_222342_zpsi48aqir8.jpg

Philip Hue Ambient LED light

20151020_222246_zps2krverxo.jpg

Master Bathroom :)

20151020_175712_zpsylujdjez.jpg

Edited by Ahyong81

The light switch from Taobao :) when view at night, its a bit blur

The blue LED will be lit when the light is in off mode. I will be able to locate the switch in the dark :)

Although its not what I intended it to be, it turns out quite nice :)

20151020_222024_zpstoeubfhd.jpg

Edited by Ahyong81

The electrician told me the adhesive tape of the led strip light is not strong, thus some of the uneven lighting is because it has peel off, will touch up. :)

Edited by Ahyong81

Wah bro. Ur Philips hue lights really very nice. Now my wife is asking why we don't have that for our place cos it looks like movie theater. Hehe

Wah bro. Ur Philips hue lights really very nice. Now my wife is asking why we don't have that for our place cos it looks like movie theater. Hehe

I only use their controller. The led light strip i use my own diy. :) the philips one are lesser 30 led per meter. The rgb led light strip i brought is 60 led per meter.

Too bad for rgb, i cant find 120 led per meter. If not i would suggest using that.

Hi. ahyong81 may i know where and much your bought your 50/50 led strip per meter with remote control / driver and led downlight,the house look great too :) any advise thank. :)

Edited by tarzanboy

Renovation Journal (Daily) - Day 41

Hanger is up, as well as the ceiling fan for living room and study/common room. Vanity sink is installed too :)

20151021_103621_zpskelp5vsu.jpg

Living room ceiling fan

20151021_120057_zpsi5rcqz8i.jpg

Common / Study room - Using the philip Hue light bulb ( dont want to waste the 3 bulb which comes with the started kit)

20151021_130317_zpswelbmyag.jpg

20151021_130255_zpsl5pmqpzf.jpg

Master bathroom/vanity sink installed and adjustment made to the carpentry.

20151021_180440_zpsygurd7ad.jpg

Edited by Ahyong81

A simple video update on the Cove light in action

I did a re-run of the entire led strip light and fix the led light strip at the back of the ceiling facing front on my own (went to buy a ladder, anyway next time also need to use it). This way, the light projected out are brighter and more uniform. :) Also add in a stronger adhesive tape cause the original double sided tape is kind of useless.

A simple background music cover (Title: Yu Jian by Stefanie Sun) played using a electronic keyboard :)

Edited by Ahyong81

Hi. ahyong81 may i know where and much your bought your 50/50 led strip per meter with remote control / driver and led downlight,the house look great too :) any advise thank. :)

I brought the 5050 led light strip at sim lim tower. The price is $35 for 5m. The remote is using the philip hue led controller/driver, i cut the wire and use it. I brought a transformer at $30 and a rgb amplifier at $20. Total length i brought is 15m rgb led light strip. The false ceiling cove only need 12m.