Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ahyong81

4Rm Resale Hdb Flat - A Bachelor Man Cave (Theme - Minimalist)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I think with your age and manage to achieve so much, you should be very proud of yourself.

I am sure is all 先苦後甜.

All best is also so good to give you full upgrade, btw bro I am getting Eubiq as well do you deal with their shop directly or you have lobang as well?

I deal with the shop, but from what i heard from the people who came to install the eubiq, the price went up again.

for the same package i took, its cost 300 more now.

Edited by Ahyong81

Bro, can I ask why your aircon in study room need not have the vacant space above the aircon, while the other 2 have it? Thanks!

The aircon need to have a top allowance in order to open from the front panel and service, example to take out the filter and wash.

For LG Artcool, the fancoil for 9k BTU and 12k BTU are of the same size (standard size), the fancoil for 18k BTU and 24k BTU are of the same size (bigger than standard size).

The beam at the living room and study room was purposely drop by an addition 4 inch suggested by my ID Mr L to conceal the aircon trunking as it was run below the original beam. The living room need to have a opening because its a bigger size fancoil even though there has been a 4 inch drop , longer height and longer length size(24000 BTU - originally i asked for the 18000 BTU fancoil for the living room, however the aircon company say that they run out of 18000 BTU fancoil for the LG Artcool and thus they did a free upgrade for me to the 24000 BTU fancoil :)), since the beam has already drop a additional 4 inch, and the fancoil for the study room is a 9000 BTU unit (smaller fancoil), thus there is no need to create an additional vacant space from the false ceiling as the dropped 4 inch is good enough to create the space to open the fancoil unit in the study room for servicing.

For the master bedroom, although its using the same size fancoil as the study room ( but a different btu, its 12000 BTU), there is still false ceiling and thus need to create the opening so that the aircon position wont be too low then. Imagine if the master bedroom dont have the opening at the false ceiling, in order to create a gap or space for the fancoil to be able to open for servicing, i will need to lower the position of the aircon fancoil and it will end up be too low for it.

Hope my explaination is good enough, not too confusing.. haha :)

Edited by Ahyong81

Bro, another question: my ID insisted that skirting has to be done for vinyls. How did you avoid yours?

Re: aircon- very detailed explanation. You can be consultant by end of ur reno.. :P

Renovation Journal (Daily) - Day 38

Today, the herf flooring for the 3 bedrooms all in. Nice. Painting for the whole house complete

IMG-20151015-WA0004_zps6dmhyqjq.jpg

IMG-20151015-WA0002_zps3pximxlf.jpg

IMG-20151015-WA0001_zpswree64v7.jpg

IMG-20151015-WA0000_zpshds4fstg.jpg

IMG-20151015-WA0006_zps9hagqjj7.jpg

IMG-20151015-WA0008_zpscww5bjrh.jpg

The Herf flooring is done at all the rooms, thus no need skirting, from what i understand, it is not compulsory to do skirting for vinyl or tiles flooring, but for tiles flooring, if dont do skirting, it will ugly cause you will see the tiles horizontal end and edge.

Edited by Ahyong81

Hi, brother you can try at sim avenue the food centre at the end corner there a stall doing installation of window grill and window insect net if i not wrong.

Hi, brother you can try at sim avenue the food centre at the end corner there a stall doing installation of window grill and window insect net if i not wrong.

Ok bro, thanks will check it out :)

Below is the example of using the Philip Hue Controller and using the apps for sound sensor, the cove led light strip will be able to set instruction when a phone call (it will blink a set number of time, depending on what I set) so that even if the phone is inside the room, I will know when people call me, it can be programme for other instruction as well, example messages or another other thing :)

The example I did was to play a music sound from the radio and it will create a ambient light music flow :)

Ok bro, thanks will check it out :)

I read before in Xiaxue blog which she also installed. you can try google her reno blog. keyword magneticinsectscreen or DIY Magnetic Insect Screen.

I read before in Xiaxue blog which she also installed. you can try google her reno blog. keyword magneticinsectscreen or DIY Magnetic Insect Screen.

Ok. Thanks will check it out too :)

Renovation Journal (Daily) - Day 41

Hanger is up, as well as the ceiling fan for living room and study/common room. Vanity sink is installed too :)

20151021_103621_zpskelp5vsu.jpg

Living room ceiling fan

20151021_120057_zpsi5rcqz8i.jpg

Common / Study room - Using the philip Hue light bulb ( dont want to waste the 3 bulb which comes with the started kit)

20151021_130317_zpswelbmyag.jpg

20151021_130255_zpsl5pmqpzf.jpg

Master bathroom/vanity sink installed and adjustment made to the carpentry.

20151021_180440_zpsygurd7ad.jpg

nice hanger on your ceiling.. care to share more review on this? m looking for laundry solution.. thank you!