Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
scarlett

A Hodgepodge Of Ideas - 5I Resale Flat

so i'm very annoyed at this moment. we bought our common toilet's basin + cabinet from Hoe Kee (the Genting Road outlet). it cost $380. and look at it!!! the house reno is not even complete and the door is already falling apart. who puts styrofoam inside the door? why so poor quality? and my poor hubby is having a hard time even getting hold of them. the ONE guy who handles all this is always so busy. lousy to the max. really regret. should have bought from Wassar. anyway, we will definitely make them change the door or the entire cabinet. if i could, i'd ask them for a full refund. angry!

cabinet

in other updates, i haven't had the chance to take photos! the toilets are more or less complete. :D tempered glass shower screens are up, bifold doors installed... vanity top installed. looking good! just need to buy mirrors now haha.

as for the kitchen, i'm loving it. we chose the darker kompacplus top and it looks fabulous against the white glossy cabinets. the kitchen looks so much more spacious now. i haven't had the chance to take a photo in the day - will do so this weekend!

painting is going on now... and parquet grinding and polishing will start today.

oh and we decided to take the plunge and change our door gate and the bedroom doors. taking them from a separate vendor. will update more once we've met with him.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

update!

so Mr B said that the renovation should be wrapped up by this week. Wednesday is the target, to be exact. now that we're hurtling towards the end, i'm pretty excited!!

presenting to you... our kitchen cabinets complete with the tempered glass backing! we chose a mint colour because we thought it'd look really nice. and it does! the hood and built in oven have yet to be installed but this will be done later today. the kitchen is so much more spacious now!

New kitchen

Saturday was busy. the main door guy came over to install our new lockset. we bought the Yale lockset because it just looks so classy. set us back by $110. we had the main door revarnished to a darker and glossier colour. finished product:

main door lock

nice right?! :D

we decided to change the main gate as well as the bedroom doors from a separate vendor. the sales guy came over to do measurements. very nice guy, easy to approach. will update and give more feedback once the gate and doors are installed. this will probably be next week (after reno is complete).

then we went to ikea tampines and blew $300+ on random stuff for the house! some things we bought: http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/40224164/ for the kitchen. we will put our rice cooking pot, small toaster oven, etc there because we don't have that much counter space as you can see. also bought an additional night stand, a set of dinner plates, some glasses, a small shoe rack to put outside the house, a mirror for the master toilet...

last update for today: the arches! so the prev owners had added 'arches' to the house (see pic below). the original colour was reddish brown. we had it revarnished to a much darker brown. love!!!

arches

Hoe Kee is supposed to come this afternoon to repair that stupid broken door. hope they turn up on time. seriously bad cust service.

Saturday - lots of loot arriving!!

- the ceiling fans from Extreme Lighting

- fridge, washing machine and microwave from Parisilk

- sofa set from Big Box

Exciting times are hereeeeee!

Nice, girl! waiting for more pictures! How come yours is so fast? *envy*.. Dun mind can increase the size of the photos? Old woman can't see too well :P

thanks girl! i think cos mine has less work to do mah. how to increase size of photos? i upload them to the gallery n then add it here from 'my media'..... :/

thanks girl! i think cos mine has less work to do mah. how to increase size of photos? i upload them to the gallery n then add it here from 'my media'..... :/

If you are using Renotalk gallery, I don't think you can increase the image size. There are also other limitations. So most of us use external image hosting sites like Photobucket, Flickr or tinypic. For the first two, you can follow instructions here.

I think upload time can choose the dimensions? I use tinypic direct upload n copy n paste link..

If you are using Renotalk gallery, I don't think you can increase the image size. There are also other limitations. So most of us use external image hosting sites like Photobucket, Flickr or tinypic. For the first two, you can follow instructions here.

so cheem! lol. ok, once i get the final pics, i will try to use one of these hosting sites. thanks guys :)

and i would like to officially announce that renovation is complete!!! (21st January 2016). The work took just over a month. Overall, I am really pleased with Mr B and his team. there were no major hiccups at all. whatever we chose, e.g. laminate, kompacplus material, paint colours, bifold door colours, varnish... everything was done correctly. no mistakes at all. super happy and excited. this Saturday it will be completely complete (does that make sense?!) because the door contractor is coming. we'll be changing the main gate and the bedroom doors. after that i'll upload photos!

and i would like to officially announce that renovation is complete!!! (21st January 2016). The work took just over a month. Overall, I am really pleased with Mr B and his team. there were no major hiccups at all. whatever we chose, e.g. laminate, kompacplus material, paint colours, bifold door colours, varnish... everything was done correctly. no mistakes at all. super happy and excited. this Saturday it will be completely complete (does that make sense?!) because the door contractor is coming. we'll be changing the main gate and the bedroom doors. after that i'll upload photos!

HI everyone! after a really long hiatus (sorry, been busy moving in and setting up home), i'm back! this time just to upload some photos. it's been 3 months since we moved in, and of course the house is much more lived in right now. the photos i'm uploading are taken just after reno so of course very clean and brand new. enjoy! :)

large.grille.JPGour main grille. decided to change it and i don't regret it one single bit. LOVE IT!

large.bedroom.JPGbedrooms. we installed new Fanco ceiling fans and changed the bedroom doors.large.57451c5ccf96c_mastertoilet.JPGmaster toilet with the kompacplus top color chosen to match with our tiles!large.57451c5c89821_living4.JPGlarge.57451c5a8c8b4_kitchen6.JPGlarge.57451c580b017_kitchen-2.JPGlarge.57451c5880a77_kitchen-3.JPGcooker hob and hood. they work really well. glad i got 3 cooker rings because sometimes i use all 3 at oncelarge.57451c5ae1204_living1.JPGfrom the living area to the dining area!large.57451c5b49c04_living2.JPGlarge.57451c591b166_kitchen-4.JPGlarge.57451c5a2b4de_kitchen5.JPGlove this shelf from Ikea. SO USEFUL.large.57451c5c05306_living3.JPGour lovely living room. :):):)