Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
meridan

Any Good Recommendation For Lightings Outlets

so angry, :furious: bought lights from a shop at balestier. On the day of installation, one of the 3 PLL already flicked too long before the light came on...about 5 days later...it died. Swop around those working works. yep, confirm it died so i buy a new and branded one. So i though, quality of PLL given is no good.

5 days later, half of the halogen bulbs not working, did not light up. Tony from Edison Lighting is kind enough to give new branded light bulbs. Went back home to change, the area that did not light up still did not light up, swop around with other lighted up area to check if bulb problem or light prob. Confirm light prob.

Call back again, a older guy (not Tony), after consulting his supplier, suggest transformer problem, told me to buy one small transformer from his shop. Or i could dismantle the lights so that he could give to his supplier to check, something like a warranty. i barely install it for 3 weeks.

But his attitude and service is terrible. Sounding like a know-it-all, you-din-pay-me-to-install, i-am-experienced-dun-ketok-me kind of tone & it is totally-not-my-fault. I know they cant change it the whole light for me, but at least a nice tone to convince me that it could be manufacturer fault and no choice i got to buy transformer. The light is less than one month already faced with prob, why cant admit the quality is bad. When some things are spoilt, they are quick to ask owner to change this, buy that. Cant they just come and take a look as a service. 8|

Since the spare parts is readily available everywhere since all sell the same thing, i dun see any need to buy the parts from them at all. Or i could just leave the spoilt lights alone as an advert to guests coming to my house.

Edited by ahjane

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi everyone, an update on my lights. In mid may, I dismantle the ceiling light (high chair and ladder) and took it back to the shop. Luckily the technician was there, after changing all transformers, all balasts, all halogen light bulbs, with few sparkers at times, still the light is not working.

The shop will took it back to their supplier to analyse further and will be ready next week. Hope it will be ok...a bit dark in the bedroom since without lights. hehe

Just a observation hor... if you dun go with your ID - got to be very sure on what you need to get; otherwise you get a **** of headaches when the stuffs doesnt match... the dollars saved may then translated to "to and fro" trips to the light shops ;)

Just a observation hor... if you dun go with your ID - got to be very sure on what you need to get; otherwise you get a **** of headaches when the stuffs doesnt match... the dollars saved may then translated to "to and fro" trips to the light shops ;)

please lah.... just use a bit of common sense and creativity and some colour co-ordination, you can buy everything on yr own.... no need for ID to spoon feed and hold yr hands.

i just dun understand abt all these "follow ID to buy this and that".

ID is not your parents nor best friend. he's just an overrated contractor waiting to chop yr head.

i know most of forummers are 1st time home owners. very excited and blur about house stuff.

Must always remember to have your own idea and concept FIRST before talking to any ID or contractor. Not the other way round.

DECIDE on your house theme, all colours, all furniture, all features FIRST. The only thing u seek consultation from ID or contractor is on technical aspects of your concepts.

Hey.. dun flame me loh... agree on the point that concept's very important and should come from your ownself.. the point was trying to stress is must be mindful of technical bits; dun assume then suffer for it.. cos your renovation timeline and costs can increased if the wrong things are bought ... I see that a lot of similar cases ..

Anyway... thats what we are here for... to contribute good lobangs and tips so ppl dun need to go thru unnecessary "trial and errors"

Edited by nets

hi everyone, an update on my lights. In mid may, I dismantle the ceiling light (high chair and ladder) and took it back to the shop. Luckily the technician was there, after changing all transformers, all balasts, all halogen light bulbs, with few sparkers at times, still the light is not working.

The shop will took it back to their supplier to analyse further and will be ready next week. Hope it will be ok...a bit dark in the bedroom since without lights. hehe

the light guy came to install my MBR ceiling light. simple PLL surrounded by halogen and led. Option to ON any one of them, any combination of 2 or all of them. I merely on it for 20mins, guess what, 1 PLL gone, half of halogen gone too. Lady boss from lighting shop says maybe i din on aircon, and the light is too hot. They will review whether to change the light to another model (means i got to go to the shop to choose) or repair the lights again.

sigh...

I also bought my lights at Chelsea :) they are frenly and have good reputation, and most importantly, prices are reasonable.

But bought my toilets' and service balcony's lights from Ikea...cos missed out at Chelsea that time :bangwall: and lazy to go Jurong again. ;-p

I also bought from Chelsea, fuss free, jus installed today, haven't check yet. but i guess the lights should be ok

1 dining resort style light

1 Rectangle Kitchen

3 Round for Service Balcony, 2 toilets

1 Rectangle (Small) for WIW

1 "Bird Nest" for MBR near bed

1 Square resort style light for MBR near study

1 3ft long tube for study area.

Total $888 :P

bought from extreme lightings at balestier....

priced quite comparable to those at jln besar and the sales guy very friendly and approachable...

saw one crystal lights selling for 700+ at one shop and selling at 300+ at extreme lightings.... somemore with strass crystals...

downlights generally from 20+... quite competitive....

Been to both VLUX and Lights Advance at Geylang. Personally I feel that Lights Advance has a wider range of PLC downlights, some with better quality and design. I managed to pick one with glass fitting and unsightly screws hidden from view, very elegant. I bought my dining lamp from there as well. Apparently the same lamp is being used in chanel boutiques. It's an exquisite piece, and reasonably priced. Will post a photo if i have the chance.

Am interested in that light you were talking about, hope to see a pix! :)

It sounds very nice!

Thanks in Advance!=)

As promised, here are 2 photos of my dining lamp...ON and OFF. :)

n581178645_1226255_9353.jpg

n581178645_1226256_28.jpg

This other lamp, which I bought from MONDI, is displayed in my living room.

n581178645_1226257_595.jpg

bought from extreme lightings at balestier....

priced quite comparable to those at jln besar and the sales guy very friendly and approachable...

saw one crystal lights selling for 700+ at one shop and selling at 300+ at extreme lightings.... somemore with strass crystals...

downlights generally from 20+... quite competitive....

Same here... I bought from Extreme Lighting too! :yamseng:

I bought my lights at Number 1 Lightings, very happy with the services in the store and during installation. The prices are pretty reasonable and i got discounts here and there from the boss, Peter. :)

I have visited most of the shops in Geylang, Jalan Besar and Balestier. Happened to hop into Lighting Bug when i go for the famous tau sha bing..Bought most of my lighting there for less than $500. Boss is very friendly and try his best to meet our budget. :good: Delivery is free too. :D